Is this cheating?

Eh, first of all, there is WAY TOO LITTLE information here.

Second: I'd be pissed if someone accused me of cheating by being around friends that are of the opposite sex.

I am with you, Jiro, DoDaDew, and TheWriteAlex. I think it depends on each person's values and what they expect from a relationship.

I wouldnt call it cheating.

The boyfriend went out with a couple and their female friend to a concert.
The boyfriend never told his girlfriend about it. Three weeks later, his girlfriend found out by some social website, saw a picture of them from a concert.

Is this mentally or emotionally cheating?
I would not even consider it anything close to cheating. I don't know what mental or emotional cheating is. To me cheating would be purely physical.

I would not even consider it anything close to cheating. I don't know what mental or emotional cheating is. To me cheating would be purely physical.

I still havent gotten the concept to what emotional cheating is. Cheating to me when it involves sex or having a physical relationship with someone else without the person's knowledge.

I still havent gotten the concept to what emotional cheating is. Cheating to me when it involves sex or having a physical relationship with someone else without the person's knowledge.

When you start replacing your wife with someone else for romantic interactions aka going to the theatre, having lunch and so on. A lot of people do it without realizing it, then fall out of love with their spouse and end up dating the other person when divorce is filed. No sex or physical intimate contact is required.

I wouldn't call this cheating, I would call this lying by omission. Most likely he didn't say anything because she might get mad or he is doing something wrong. Either way, it's wrong.

My thoughts exactly, lying by ommission. Either way, he has no balls.

When you start replacing your wife with someone else for romantic interactions aka going to the theatre, having lunch and so on. A lot of people do it without realizing it, then fall out of love with their spouse and end up dating the other person when divorce is filed. No sex or physical intimate contact is required.

My view is that..if my spouse is falling in love with someone else, then the marriage wasnt meant to be and I will move on. I have done it before. No man is worth my time wasting my energy on. Life is too short. We all will get hurt from time to time in our lives but how we handle the hurt and pain is all up to us, not up to the other person.

Relationships, like everything else in this life have beginnings, middles and ends, ~cycles. Some last a lifetime, most don't. Unfortunately when a relationship ends, most people do not thank each other for the good times and move on, they cling to their hurts and fears and make their life, their kids lives and their exes life miserable.

Emotional cheating in my opinion is far more difficult for the ego to handle (at least my ego), it involves the heart, the feelings, the deep core emotions, the letting another into your spirit core, the sharing of inner self.....where as a one night stand is an affair of the body and of lust, perhaps bad judgement, hehe. Just my two cents.

There is such a thing as plain ol' goofed up situation

An attractive man who already has a woman attracts women like flies to rotten meat. Most women know this and while there all varying degrees of jealous they make the decision to let him be exposed to women who are looking whenever they let him out alone. If the man is attractive all manner of awkward situations will happen just like if the woman is attractive and out alone or w/friends. Does she tell every little circumstance of guys approaching their way into her space? I doubt it.
Threads like this make me happy to be alone and not have to explain anything to anybody. God knows there are times I miss having a woman but I don't miss that stuff.

how do you justify cybersex? Some people say it is harmless as long as it is not physical...

If the person is doing cybersex then the relationship isnt meant to be in the first place and time to move on. Unless one doesnt mind the other doing cybersex.

Everyone is different and everyone has their own standards of expectations in a realationship. What rules that are set for one relationship may not be applicable for another. Like someone said, it is important that the two are compatible in their values and expectations from the realationship. If not, forget having a successful relationship whether cheating is involved or not.

An attractive man who already has a woman attracts women like flies to rotten meat. Most women know this and while there all varying degrees of jealous they make the decision to let him be exposed to women who are looking whenever they let him out alone. If the man is attractive all manner of awkward situations will happen just like if the woman is attractive and out alone or w/friends. Does she tell every little circumstance of guys approaching their way into her space? I doubt it.
Threads like this make me happy to be alone and not have to explain anything to anybody. God knows there are times I miss having a woman but I don't miss that stuff.

no one expect them to talk about every details in life.

If the person is doing cybersex then the relationship isnt meant to be in the first place and time to move on. Unless one doesnt mind the other doing cybersex.

Everyone is different and everyone has their own standards of expectations in a realationship. What rules that are set for one relationship may not be applicable for another. Like someone said, it is important that the two are compatible in their values and expectations from the realationship. If not, forget having a successful relationship whether cheating is involved or not.

yes, the key thing is communication. two people who don't mind cybersexing because they already discussed it. If one guy tell her, "it's none of your business what I do on the computer, and if you don't like that, too bad" is not meant to be.

how do you justify cybersex? Some people say it is harmless as long as it is not physical...
Those people would be deluded.

The physical part isn't the most important component; that would be the emotional aspect.

Reading through this post.

Also have to agree a lot of assumption going on.

Before you can assume you have to ask.

Why did the boyfriend not tell the girlfriend? Were they dating casually? Live in boyfriend girlfriend?

Was the girlfriend too controlling? And quick to assume that any female he came in contact with is cheating?

Infidelity?? Cheating?? It really depends on the relationship status.

The trust of friendship or having a girlfriend goes both ways. Perhaps he did not trust her to understand that he just wanted a night out with friends.

Who knows.

It is something they both have to figure out. And for us not to judge.

Since we can only ask questions and can not actually assume.

you should be observe to who is boyfriend/girlfriend reason you aware identify and personal and character that why you should recognize someone?
you don't like play games to trust to people. that is not easy trust/ fail relationship or something not match your personal why how you know important to tell to trust to share to personal, you should be study body language that is why imperfect to bf/gf that is not easy

Emotional cheating is very real. It doesn't have to be a physical act to be unfaithful. In fact, many cases of infidelity start out as an emotional connection then evolve into a physical relationship. Whether it's emotional, physical or both, known or unknown, it's destructive to a marriage.

Emotional cheating is very real. It doesn't have to be a physical act to be unfaithful. In fact, many cases of infidelity start out as an emotional connection then evolve into a physical relationship. Whether it's emotional, physical or both, known or unknown, it's destructive to a marriage.

Then the relationship or marriage wasnt meant to be in the first place. If it was tuly was, this wouldnt have happened in the first place.

If one has a pattern of doing this, then that person shouldnt be getting into relationships until they resolve that issue within themselves.

I do believe that there are some people out there who are just not relationship nor marriage material.

that is exactly that is correct that is why play games? or something not trust to confidental or broken trust .know or unknow something feeling really weak or strong because truth or lie that is not fair

Then the relationship or marriage wasnt meant to be in the first place. If it was tuly was, this wouldnt have happened in the first place.

If one has a pattern of doing this, then that person shouldnt be getting into relationships until they resolve that issue within themselves.

I do believe that there are some people out there who are just not relationship nor marriage material.

I think that's the whole purpose of this thread.. Should a person move on with their life because emotional cheating or not? And how can one tell someone is not into him/her?

I think that's the whole purpose of this thread.. Should a person move on with their life because emotional cheating or not? And how can one tell someone is not into him/her?

Like I said before, one set of person's rules/beliefs/expectation may not work for others. Only that person can find the answers within him/herself.

Important just be there to listen but not to judge and help them find the answer but not to force your/our opinions on them.

That''s just my belief based on experience with helping friends and people trying to help me.

Back