Is this cheating?

Driving Miss Daisy

Reaction score
The boyfriend went out with a couple and their female friend to a concert.
The boyfriend never told his girlfriend about it. Three weeks later, his girlfriend found out by some social website, saw a picture of them from a concert.

Is this mentally or emotionally cheating?

boyfriend did wrong by not tell girlfriend that he is going out with female friend.
But how do we know if he cheating?

The girlfriend said they were having problems. How do we know if he is cheating? Only boyfriend and female friend know. The girlfriend was really surprised because he is not this type of man to cheat on girlfriends. He went out to forget the problems he had with his girlfriend. I know it is still wrong.

Last edited:
one of my exboyfriend did the same thing. I found out from a friend that the people who brought the girl to him was hoping they would like each other. And he went along with it. I broke up with him at that spot.

If the picture shows he was hanging out with his guy friend, and this guy friend brought his girlfriend and his girlfriend happened to bring her friend... I guess that's ok, but with him not telling her or asking if she wanted to come is alittle suspicious. personally, I will break up with anyone who isn't honest with me even if it is not cheating.

one of my exboyfriend did the same thing. I found out from a friend that the people who brought the girl to him was hoping they would like each other. And he went along with it. I broke up with him at that spot.

If the picture shows he was hanging out with his guy friend, and this guy friend brought his girlfriend and his girlfriend happened to bring her friend... I guess that's ok, but with him not telling her or asking if she wanted to come is alittle suspicious. personally, I will break up with anyone who isn't honest with me even if it is not cheating.

You are a strict girlfriend!

I wouldn't call this cheating, I would call this lying by omission. Most likely he didn't say anything because she might get mad or he is doing something wrong. Either way, it's wrong.

well, i'm more forgivable around my husband now that we are married. he pass all my test before marriage :P

Dunno what it should be called; only they know for sure. It isn't something I would do.

The fact that he went out to a concert with a female friend isn't the problem, it's the fact that he didn't tell the girlfriend about it. It's not cheating, it's dishonesty that is the true crime here.

It is emotional/mental cheating if the boyfriend shares emotional moments with his female friend (or male friend) that he doesn't share with his girlfriend. But we don't know anything about that as we weren't there.

It's not right of the boyfriend to not tell his girlfriend if he is attending a concert with a friend regardless of if it's a man or a woman. It's considered lying by not telling her.

Trust is definitely an issue if one isn't telling the other anything.

It's not completely honest of the boyfriend to be doing this. The girlfriend is supposed to be a potential life partner. If he is doing this kind of thing now, he may be doing other less than honest things later. It's not a good character indicator for him.

If they are just boyfriend and girlfriend, then it's not "cheating" because they haven't yet made a permanent exclusive commitment to one another.

However, it is an indication that perhaps they aren't meant for each other. If the boyfriend still has a desire to go out with other women, and he isn't up front about their relationship with his girlfriend, then he isn't ready to be marriage material.

It's good that the girlfriend know this now so she can move on before the two of them become engaged. Once they are engaged, then their relationship is at a new level of commitment of fidelity. Until then, they are just dating.

nope. to me - I see "boyfriend is going out with friends" regardless of gender.

There's no cheating since boyfriend never slept with her.
There's no lying since boyfriend did not lie about it when asked about it.

but that's just me.

Well, just keep "watering" that garden. :lol:
I'll follow your analogy.

In the garden of dating, the girlfriend needs to pull some weeds. When it becomes a garden of marriage, then she needs to nurture and water it (as you stated). :giggle:

In the garden of dating, the girlfriend needs to pull some weeds. When it becomes a garden of marriage, then she needs to nurture and water it (as you stated). :giggle:

:lol: Right on, Reba!!

Makes sense. Hee hee.

Back