Is spanking on the kids belong kind of abuse?

Eve said:
If you are really concerned with your precious thread, I suggest we both take LG's advice and get back on topic rather than belittling one another. Try some respect and I might too.

That's a good joke....

You just can´t see that I has no problem to debate with agree to disagree wiht anyone here.

No wonder, you cause to mess my good thread here... *shake the head*
If you are really concerned with your precious thread, I suggest we both take LG's advice and get back on topic rather than belittling one another. Try some respect and I might too.

Thank you for quick respond on my report, LinuxGold. I appreciate it very much because I dont want to let anyone to mess my good thread here.
You are messing with this thread just as much as anyone else. In case you hadn't noticed, LG's advice was directed at both of us.
Please guys(plural), do not slander each other. If this continues, the I will be forced to lock this thread. Please focus into the point of thread.

Eve said:

You are messing with this thread just as much as anyone else. In case you hadn't noticed, LG's advice was directed at both of us.

Eve,

Wha...a nice peforme!!!
l_handA.gif

:ugh2:

Eve said:

I has no idea what you are talking about... :dunno:

Let's move on.

My turn to express my opinion.

I spank my son with proper discipline -- discussing out the wrongdoing and emphasize the reason for spanking as a tool of discipline. I do not spank without warning or to acknowledge on what my son did was wrong. After the spanking process is over, I kept reminding him that I love him and want him to do what is right. I DO not send my son to bedroom as a form of discipline because that increases my son's hatred towards me.

*applause to LG* and no matter what anyone else says, you are NOT abusive. *pinning the GOOD DADDY award on LG's chest*

LinuxGold said:
Let's move on.

My turn to express my opinion.

I spank my son with proper discipline -- discussing out the wrongdoing and emphasize the reason for spanking as a tool of discipline. I do not spank without warning or to acknowledge on what my son did was wrong. After the spanking process is over, I kept reminding him that I love him and want him to do what is right. I DO not send my son to bedroom as a form of discipline because that increases my son's hatred towards me.

Thank you for share your opinion with us...

There is very thin line between spanking and abuse.

When is spanking becoming an abuse?
Everyone here seems to be so sure HIS/HER form of spanking is not abuse.

Evereyone thinks - no I do not abuse, I spank...
Well what in your eyes is spanking, in other's is abuse..

BTW spanking a kid and then telling him after you love him is teaching him love equals violence. Your son/daughter may for example in the future hit his wife/husband and then tell her he's doing that because he loves her and wants her to excel..

Think about it..
Fuzzy

Audiofuzzy said:

BTW spanking a kid and then telling him after you love him is teaching him love equals violence. Your son/daughter may for example in the future hit his wife/husband and then tell her he's doing that because he loves her and wants her to excel..

Think about it..
Fuzzy

Yeah, every have different opinion. :dunno:

I beleive that spanking do not solve anything but talk.. Yes, communicate with children works greatly than spank on them.

spank and abuse are combation still counts..

What my A-Dad did spank me awful lot spank spank spank spank.. I don't know how many times he did spanked me hell lotsa. That part of ABUSE.. no matter what kind spank soft or hard.. still part of abuse..

That really hurts me hell lotsa...
Just tiny tiny spank.. is okay but still *goosebumps* I understand your Pov opnion.. as for me.. No thanks.. Just I shove my children.. move.. go room for time out until when finished... THAN bare hands *whop'em*

Yeah, that´s why I REFUSE hurt my children for punishment. I can punish (ground) my children with their favorite points, not spank.

Audiofuzzy said:

Think about it..
Fuzzy

I agreed with you up until the last paragraph. I DO think that it comes down to interpretation and what each of us considers abusive. I'm with those people who don't see spanking as a form of abuse. It can be, if taken too far. However, many of us who have spoken in favor of corporal punishment, know not to take it to the extreme. We're saying if applied correctly, it gets the message across and is not damaging to the child.

As for the "spanking teaches kids that violence is okay" comment, I really disagree. If your child is aggressive, it doesn't necessarily mean that he or she is being spanked. It could mean that the discipline that is being applied is inconsistent, and the child is trying to see what he or she can get away with. Kids do this by virtue of being kids. That's why you must set forth clear boundaries for the child to adhere to. If you can do it without spanking, great, but like has already been stated, every child is different. What might work with one child; may not work with his or her sibling. Therefore, different techniques might need to be applied, and this includes corporal punishment.

The rest of you feel corporal punishment in all forms is abuse. We'll be hard pressed to come to a concensus about this simply because we are all very divided and have widely differing opinions.

I don't think spanking is abuse. I remember many of the mothers i babysat for years ago would tell me to "spank" their children if they were bad. In some of the homes i did spank the kids. That's the way it was done 15, 20, 25 years ago. :booty:

I would say that it depends on how kids are spanked and what they're being spanked for. Spanking has always been something that been used for thousands of years. Now, they are calling it abuse. However, it's leading to more spoiled and stubborn generations and that's not good.

it's leading to more spoiled and stubborn generations and that's not good.

I respectful disagree with you, Vampy.

spoil brats lead to form of displinice... (weak displince).

i work with kids with moderate disabilities that have autism,down syndrome and other disabilities also and i think that if a child got upset or had a temper tantrum or anything i would hold them and calm them down and hug them and i understand kids with special needs and i have disabilities myself.
I do believe that spanking should be used as a last resort.
i was spanked when i was younger but i know that was to teach m.
i was abused emotionally and physically but i know the difference what abuse is and what is not.
i was hit in the face and etc....
my dad has said that he can bury be in the back yard and i have been called every name you can think of and cussed at and etc....
i have been called stupid,retarded,dumb,and etc.....

i have mild mental retardation,adhd,limited fine motor skills,poor hand-eye coordination,communication disorder,deafness. i was born with my deafness, i have had this communication disorder my whole life so it is because of my delays and speech problems and i was diagnosed at 5 or 6 years old severely developmentally delayed.

by the way i am not a parent so anything i say, please be nice to me and don't be mad at me and i am 21 now and i turned 21 on october 21st and graduated from high school may 2004 and i have a job coach that helps me and reading books about disabilities will not help much and working with a child with special needs will teach you more and you can understand them better if you work with them and so i understand and i have a iq of 60.

Spankin' on a child is ok, but not with belt or paddle or anythin' that may harm the child than hand. Child's butt is for spankin' by hand. But, if a child is stealin' somethin' by her/his hands, then, slap on his/her hand and explain that it is not good to steal. That's a no-no. Train up the child the right way from wrong.

Never hit a child's head or face. Communication with explainin' is important for a child to understand why it is wrong.

If I have my own kids and I would not spank of their kids cause I do not want same as my past my mom and step father was spank alots but mostly are my step father was spank me alots so I aint want spank on my own kids no thanks :)

If spanking is "abuse", therefore the children's rebellion is "abused" toward their parents.

If spanking is the "violence," therefore the children's rebellion is the "violence" toward their parents.

Back