Is Obama meddling in the governor's race with Patterson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, like make huge profits while operating under the protective watch of the us military, paid for by the taxpayers. But what does this have to do with ny and elections?

money!

The reason contractors are used is because they don't do "the same job." Contractors can do things that the military are not allowed to do.

I'm fine with their roles limiting to translators, construction, drivers, logistic support, and bodyguards. But their area also expanded to interrogation, intelligence gathering, and hostile engagement. That was my issue. It's a :nono: to me. I was appalled at the thought of USA contracting with them as mercenaries. :nono:

Can you explain what they actually do? I have known the US military have been hiring contracts since the Afghan war, however... all it sounds like to me is... basically:

They can do anything special ops can do, except the military won't be responsible for their actions? I am not really sure here? That and protecting civilian engineers, in which the military is not equipped to do?
That is some of it.

like contracting with private military companies such as KBR, Halliburton, DynCorp, Titan Corp, and dozen more.... It's a sham that we're paying more for these contractors than our American soldiers for the same job.

I have to agree with this one.

keep going. so how is it different from what banks do?

Very well. Banks loan money to business men if they can put up an acceptable business plan and they are profit driven. Governments have to fund any projects like the Interstate projects of the 1950s thru a tax base and bonds. As for bonds, voters can accept or reject bonds; I remember an uproar over some bonds funding some government project in Charlotte, NC a few years ago.

People can refuse to do business with a company. However, they have no choice but to pay taxes for the country if they are to benefit from the government funded projects. We wouldn't have liberaries, public schools and the US Military without taxes.

Another topic derailed in pursuit of a personal political agenda.:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back