Is Obama meddling in the governor's race with Patterson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Election comes up in 2010 for Congress. That last time they were voted in was in 2006. That was more than a few years ago. And, no, I never made such a statement that I'd thought it'd be "full of Republicans" and that there'd be no Democrats in seats, which is a relative impossibility anyway. Anybody knows that. The same idea with Democrats. Majority control, yes. A one party Congress only? Nope. Never made such a statement. Perpetuating a lie is a dumb thing to do.

Learn not to focus on a commenter exclusively.

I am so happy to see you finally admit that. I guess we can all assume that, from here on out, you will cease doing so.:laugh2:

I am so happy to see you finally admit that. I guess we can all assume that, from here on out, you will cease doing so.:laugh2:

Please refrain from attacking individual commenters based on unsubstantiated charges. The topic isn't about individual commenters here but about Patterson, etc.

Please refrain from attacking individual commenters based on unsubstantiated charges. The topic isn't about individual commenters here but about Patterson, etc.

Patterson is an individual too. :roll:

Everybody is subjected to criticism, whether y'all like it or not.

Yes, certainly. However, by making it into a personal vendetta against commenters participating in a thread only shows a certain, uh, puerileness. Showing personal angst in that form isn't such a bright idea.

Yes, certainly. However, by making it into a personal vendetta against commenters participating in a thread only shows a certain, uh, puerileness. Showing personal angst in that form isn't such a bright idea.

No angst involved. More like humor, and an expectation that you will follow the rules you seem so willing to set forth for others.:cool2:

Humor in the form of a personal vendetta by way of stalking and taking aim. This is easy to spot when one overdo using the word "you" so many times in a sentence in order make him/herself feel better. It becomes quite apparent when repeatedly done.

Humor in the form of a personal vendetta by way of stalking and taking aim. This is easy to spot when one overdo using the word "you" so many times in a sentence in order make him/herself feel better. It becomes quite apparent when repeatedly done.

You.

Hmm, yeah, you're right. It does make me feel better.

You!

New York governor on 2010 bid: 'I'm blind but I'm not oblivious'
(CNN) -- Embattled New York Gov. David Paterson vowed Sunday he won't give in to White House pressure to drop out of next year's election, insisting, "I am not failing to stand up for my party."

The nation's first legally blind governor is facing approval ratings dipping below 20 percent.

"I'm blind but I'm not oblivious," he said Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press." "I realize that there are people who don't want me to run."

Last Sunday, The New York Times reported that the White House was urging Paterson to withdraw. The White House neither confirmed nor denied that to CNN.

But informed sources told CNN that White House political director Patrick Gaspard met with Paterson to let him know about the administration's concerns he could not win the governor's race next year. That loss could affect races down-ticket, including the Senate seat now held by Kirsten Gillibrand.

"I have spent a whole life being told I couldn't do things. I was told by guidance counselors I shouldn't go to college," Paterson said on Sunday. "I was told when I was minority leader of the Senate that we couldn't win the majority. We won eight seats in four years and won the majority."

The governor also noted that a court this week upheld his appointment of a lieutenant governor, disproving those who said it would not be upheld. The message to him, Paterson said, "was that you don't give up."

In the NBC interview, Paterson left his descriptions vague about discussions with the White House, saying he would not detail "confidential conversations."

He said "the president has never told me not to run for governor" and that he's "never gotten an explicit indication authorized from the White House that I shouldn't run."

"They certainly sent a message that they have concerns. And I appreciate that," he said.

He acknowledged that it has been "a difficult week."

Asked about his wife's remarks to the New York Post that he had been "stunned" by the message from the White House, Paterson responded, "Michelle is very protective of me. I don't know that I was stunned."

"I am not failing to stand up for my party -- I fight for the priorities of my party," he said, adding that he is "fighting for the people of the state of New York. ... So I'm not going to run away from a fight when I know who I'm fighting for."

Throughout the interview, Paterson cited the economic crisis and his need to cut $30 billion in spending. He said the cuts have brought on "a hail of criticism" from special interests, "and that is what accounts for the low poll numbers."

One of only two African-American governors, Paterson said he does not believe race has been a factor in the poll numbers.

Paterson was lieutenant governor when a scandal led to then-Gov. Eliot Spitzer's departure from the office in March 2008.

yep there you go. there's no racism factor in here. there's no blindness factor in here.

it's simple - New Yorkers do not like Paterson's performance as the NY Governor. period. now I'm going to bed. I better not wake up and see there's some shit in my cereal :mad2:

Then the WH should als suggest that Corzine to step down, too, since his approval ratings are just as low as Paterson's. Might as well kill two birds with a single stone, and improve the odds of getting better Democrat governors than Paterson and Corzine. Hmmm? Instead Obama basically went after Paterson for some, at this point, unknown reasons other than using the low polls as an excuse.

Let Paterson run. None of Obama's business or anybody else's. He's not going to give up over some low poll numbers.

Then the WH should als suggest that Corzine to step down, too, since his approval ratings are just as low as Paterson's. Might as well kill two birds with a single stone, and improve the odds of getting better Democrat governors than Paterson and Corzine. Hmmm? Instead Obama basically went after Paterson for some, at this point, unknown reasons other than using the low polls as an excuse.

Let Paterson run. None of Obama's business or anybody else's. He's not going to give up over some low poll numbers.

I don't think you understand but it'd be a waste of time to try to explain how to read to someone when they're used to re-posting opinions of someone else.

;)

Then the WH should als suggest that Corzine to step down, too, since his approval ratings are just as low as Paterson's.
*knock knock* on your head. Re-read the article again - "He said "the president has never told me not to run for governor" and that he's "never gotten an explicit indication authorized from the White House that I shouldn't run.""

Might as well kill two birds with a single stone, and improve the odds of getting better Democrat governors than Paterson and Corzine. Hmmm? Instead Obama basically went after Paterson for some, at this point, unknown reasons other than using the low polls as an excuse.

1. there is no strong opponent (both R & D) against Corzine. Corzine will basically win with landslide for next election just like Bloomberg will win as NYC Mayor. They are both millionaires. Paterson is not.
2. NY is under threat to losing its democratic power base if Paterson lost 2010 election (see article above)
3. Guiliani is the strongest Republican contender in NY. (I bet you want him to win, right?)

I think you really should try to listen instead of continuing to spout silly nonsense since this is my home state for over 25 years and NY as my neighbor state. I think we joisey peepz know better this quite a lot better than you..... especially when you thought Corzine was a black man. :roll:

*knock knock* on your head. Re-read the article again - "He said "the president has never told me not to run for governor" and that he's "never gotten an explicit indication authorized from the White House that I shouldn't run.""

1. there is no strong opponent (both R & D) against Corzine. Corzine will basically win with landslide for next election just like Bloomberg will win as NYC Mayor. They are both millionaires. Paterson is not.
2. NY is under threat to losing its democratic power base if Paterson lost 2010 election (see article above)
3. Guiliani is the strongest Republican contender in NY. (I bet you want him to win, right?)

I think you really should try to listen instead of continuing to spout silly nonsense since this is my home state for over 25 years and NY as my neighbor state. I think we joisey peepz know better this quite a lot better than you..... especially when you thought Corzine was a black man. :roll:

Like I said a few days ago, it was a back door approach that backfired. Of course there were no explicit requests.
http://www.alldeaf.com/war-politica...inate-against-blind-people-7.html#post1422153

1. So what?
2. So what?
3. Sure. Why not. You want Cuomo to win, right? Sounds like you believe that Paterson should drop out? Well, he's not going to.

You live in NY. That's nice. Then you know it's a corrupt state then? :hmm:

Like I said a few days ago, it was a back door approach that backfired. Of course there were no explicit requests.
http://www.alldeaf.com/war-politica...inate-against-blind-people-7.html#post1422153

1. So what?
2. So what?
3. Sure. Why not. You want Cuomo to win, right? Sounds like you believe that Paterson should drop out? Well, he's not going to.

You live in NY. That's nice. Then you know it's a corrupt state then? :hmm:

ah... no wonder your argument's always foundering. Look at your last statement... and then re-read my post #74. and look at my "Location" below my avatar. Pretty much tells me that you do not read anything we write and the "intellectual" articles.

ah... no wonder your argument's always foundering. Look at your last statement... and then re-read my post #74. and look at my "Location" below my avatar. Pretty much tells me that you do not read anything we write and the "intellectual" articles.

My last line of comment was a facetious line. We know about your motorcycle adventures through traffic and you cursing at taxi cab drivers.

Calm down, Jiro. Hyperventilating doesn't help.

My last line of comment was a facetious line. We know about your motorcycle adventures through traffic and you cursing at taxi cab drivers.

Calm down, Jiro. Hyperventilating doesn't help.

facetious? lol..... I see.....
backpedal.gif

hyperventilating... funny that you say that.... is it hyperventilating when a person posts dozens of threads about Obama and aggressively defends it with bunch of misinformation & disinformation? calm down and have some kool aid. sit back and relax for the next 4 years. :)

*it's pix of smiley backpedaling on his unicycle

facetious? lol..... I see.....
backpedal.gif

hyperventilating... funny that you say that.... is it hyperventilating when a person posts dozens of threads about Obama and aggressively defends it with bunch of misinformation & disinformation? calm down and have some kool aid. sit back and relax for the next 4 years. :)

*it's pix of smiley backpedaling on his unicycle

I don't think he will take the kool-aid.

He would rather just keep on goosestepping against Obama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back