Is Jesus a God? Warning: Bible usage here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also For example, the Bible says that only God can forgive sins (Isaiah 43:25; Mark 2:7). Jesus did forgive sins when he was on earth.

He claimed to forgive their sins because he has the authority from God. Read this one: " "But, so that you may know that the Son of God has authority on earth to forgive sins,"-- He said to the paralytic-- "I say to you, get up, and pick up your stretcher and go home." (luke 5:24)

He said, "As the Son of God..." Hear this.. SON OF GOD... God gave him the authority to forgive sins. That clearly shows that Jesus and God are NOT the same.

He claimed to forgive their sins because he has the authority from God. Read this one: " "But, so that you may know that the Son of God has authority on earth to forgive sins,"-- He said to the paralytic-- "I say to you, get up, and pick up your stretcher and go home." (luke 5:24)

He said, "As the Son of God..." Hear this.. SON OF GOD... God gave him the authority to forgive sins. That clearly shows that Jesus and God are NOT the same.

I said in (Mark 2:7) Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?

And

(Isaiah 43:25) I even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

I said in (Mark 2:7) Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?

And

(Isaiah 43:25) I even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

Jesus claimed that he has the authority of God to forgive sins. Without God's authority, he can't forgive sins. God told him, "You have my authority to forgive sins." Jews correctly believed it's a blasphemy to forgive sins because only God can forgive sins but Jesus made a claim that he has the authority.

As for Isaiah, that does not talk about Jesus. It was saying that only God forgives sins. That was centuries BEFORE Jesus's time. Totally different situations.

But in NT, writers claim that Jesus was sent by God to save the humankind from sins. That's a bold claim and Jews correctly rejected Jesus as the Messiah.

Overall, it merely strenghtens my point: Jesus was the Son of God, not God and that verse clearly said, "SON OF GOD" otherwise Jesus was say, "I am God." Note that he never made that claim. He often used metaphors and figurative speech. "God is in me and I am in God" should not be taken as "I am God."

Jesus have consistently called God his Father. He constantly prayed for his Father. If Jesus was God, he would NOT need to pray.

Yeah, Jesus did not say he is God but the people.

Yeah, Jesus prayed to God.

Yes, Jesus is a God! Look KJV John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared [him]. I encourage you would more studies the Bible you will realize that.

Yes, Jesus is a God! Look KJV John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared [him]. I encourage you would more studies the Bible you will realize that.

Yes I know about the bible because I was raised by Roman Catholic family and involved with JW people, I went same school with.

Yes, Jesus never say that he is God. He only say that his Father is God.

I just wanted to point out that many in the bible have seen him. How do you account for so many bible passages that makes this claim compared to the few (about 6) that says no man have seen God? Contradictions abound.

Genesis 12:7
And the LORD appeared unto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed will I give this land: and there builded he an altar unto the LORD, who appeared unto him.

Genesis 17:1
And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him....

Genesis 18:1
And the Lord appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre.

Genesis 26:2
And the LORD appeared unto him, and said, Go not down into Egypt; dwell in the land which I shall tell thee of.

Genesis 26:24
And the LORD appeared unto him the same night, and said, I am the God of Abraham thy father: fear not.

Genesis 32:30
And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

Genesis 35:9
And God appeared unto Jacob again, when he came out of Padanaram, and blessed him.

Genesis 48:3
And Jacob said unto Joseph, God Almighty appeared unto me at Luz in the land of Canaan.

Exodus 3:16
The LORD God ... appeared unto me, saying, I have surely visited you.

Exodus 4:5
That they may believe that the LORD God ... hath appeared unto thee.

Exodus 6:3
And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob....

Exodus 24:9-11
Then went up Moses and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel. And they saw the God of Israel ... They saw God, and did eat and drink.

Exodus 33:11
And the Lord spake to Moses face to face, as a man speaketh to his friend.

Exodus 33:23
And I will take away my hand, and thou shalt see my backparts.

Numbers 14:14
For they have heard that thou Lord art among this people, that thou Lord art seen face to face.

Deuteronomy 5:4
The Lord talked with you face to face in the mount out of the midst of the fire.

Deuteronomy 34:10
And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the Lord knew face to face.

Judges 13:22
And Manoah said unto his wife, We shall surely die, because we have seen God.

1 Kings 22:19
I saw the Lord sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing by him on his right hand and on his left.

Job 42:5
I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.

Psalm 63.2
To see thy power and they glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary.

Isaiah 6:1
In the year that King Ussiah died, I saw, also, the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up.

Isaiah 6:5
For mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.

Ezekiel 1:27
And saw ... the appearance of his loins even upward, and from the appearance of his loins even downward....

Ezekiel 20:35
And I will bring you into the wilderness of the people, and there will I plead with you face to face.

Amos 7:7
The LORD stood upon a wall made by a plumbline, with a plumbline in his hand.

Amos 9:1
I saw the Lord standing upon the altar: and he said, smite the lintel of the door, that the posts may shake.

Habakkuk 3:3-5
God came from Teman, and the Holy One from mount Paran .... He had horns coming out of his hand.

Matthew 18:9
Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.

Jesus is a myth from about 2000 BC. (Yes, BC)

(see link to see picture of god/jesus)

Why is God a white man?
Actually, She's a black women, but don't tell anyone....

(BTW... the guy in the picture looks pretty good for someone that has been whipped and crusified..)

Why is God a white man?
via BB~

Xentar, I acknowledge the fact that MOST christians DO still worshipping the WHITE MAN OF Jesus christ is GOD! as always..

I created serveal thread and posts somewhere in this AD forum:

pointpopxe4.gif

Who Make Me An Anti-christ??!

Christins actually worshipping a WHAT??!

Why is God a white man?

Why you think God is a white man? :giggle: you are very funny!

Revelation 19:11-16 Jesus Christ is Spirit in heaven

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

15And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Accord your link He Is God

But accord your link, we can tell that Jesus is a white man. Can you tell me which color skin, Jesus have if you disagree that Jesus is a white man?

Matthew 28:1-4 Jesus Risen!

1In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

2And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.

3His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow:

4And for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men.

any problem or help? Understand? I hope so you understand clear?

All you've shown are bible passage of clothes being white (you do know what raiment is, right?) and his facial expression being as lightning (you do know what countenance is, right?).

But none of them explains the color of jesus(god?) skin. In Britain and the USA, practically every image you see portraying Jesus Christ shows him with light hair and very pale skin - a white man. I have seen pictures from African countries that show Jesus as a black man.

Obviously, culture has a lot to do with it. Each country would like to show Jesus as a native of that country, after all, nobody wants their Lord and Saviour to be some Johnny Foreigner, now do they?

Jesus was born at the East end of the Mediterranean, in the region of what is now Israel. It is a very hot area, and people native to that region have quite dark skin - they are certainly not caucasian (or "european white"). And yet artists so often seem to ignore this totally...it doesn't make sense to me.

_40460295_jesus203.jpg

A traditional Jesus, left, and the image of what he might have looked like.

A few days ago over lunch with my friend, I remembered when she asked:
“Why do people persist in believing that Jesus looked like an Anglo-Saxon hippy?”

My reply to her:
“Considering the war on terror, do you think people are going to go for the idea of Jesus looking like he’s from the Middle East?”

:D

Why is the skin of Jesus is the most important to discuss? I don't care what color is Jesus, I only care for what happened about 2-thousand years ago, how the results have changed the world forever that His power is awesome beyond anything we can understand the one who die for us paid the harsh punishment who cares the color of a person, It's not a factor nor is it even important? ;)

Why is the skin of Jesus is the most important to discuss? I don't care what color is Jesus, I only care for what happened about 2-thousand years ago, how the results have changed the world forever that His power is awesome beyond anything we can understand the one who die for us paid the harsh punishment who cares the color of a person, It's not a factor nor is it even important? ;)

To even bring this up is to send most white Christians into fits of denial , replete with assurances that "it doesn't matter what Jesus looked like, it only matters what he did."

Which is all fine and good, until you realize that indeed it must matter to them what Jesus looked like; otherwise, they wouldn't be so averse to presenting him as the man of color he most assuredly was: a man dark enough to guarantee that were he to come back tomorrow, and find himself on the wrong side of New York City at the wrong time of night, reaching for his keys or his wallet in the presence of the Street Crimes Unit, he'd be dispatched far more expeditiously than was done at Golgotha 2000 years ago.

But never fear: we needn't grapple with that because we can merely take it for granted that Jesus had to look like us, as did Adam and Eve, and as does God himself. And indeed, most whites believe this to be true, as proven by every single picture Bible for kids made by a white person, all of which present these figures in such a way.

It would all be quite funny were it not so incontestably insane, so pathological in terms of the scope of our nuttiness. What else, after all, can explain the fact that when a New Jersey theatre company put on a passion play a few years ago with a black actor in the lead role, they received hundreds of hateful phone calls and even death threats for daring to portray Jesus as anyone darker than, say, Shaun Cassidy?

Hey, we're getting off topic! Let's stick to the argument regarding "Is Jesus God?"

Are you that blind? Re-read your OWN statement and you'll see that Jesus is NOT God.. it said, "the only begotten Son!" That means he's the SON OF GOD, not God!

Either he is God which Jesus never said he is or he is the Son of God which he did say that (My Father.... praying to Father... My father in me...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back