Is it time to drive 55 again?

Wouldn't do any good here in Oregon. I-5 goes through Albany. The signs say 55 limit for trucks and 60 for cars. If you drive anywhere near those speeds, you'll get blown off the road. Trucks and cars in the right lanes go 70, and crazies in the left lanes go even faster. The state police don't care as long as you follow the "flow of traffic." They seem to only ticket those "aggressive" drivers weaving in and out of lanes to speed in the 80s, even 90s.

oh boy it seems like time for me to get scooter or motorcyle.. to save alot gas.... let see if i able to get it..

oh boy it seems like time for me to get scooter or motorcyle.. to save alot gas.... let see if i able to get it..

that's why i'm making appointment for free motorcycle classes

so .. i did stop by scooter store... they said if you want to take motorcyle lic, then you can get scooter that has more than 150CC .. if you want less than that, then you may not need that lic.. i think..

Wouldn't do any good here in Oregon. I-5 goes through Albany. The signs say 55 limit for trucks and 60 for cars. If you drive anywhere near those speeds, you'll get blown off the road. Trucks and cars in the right lanes go 70, and crazies in the left lanes go even faster. The state police don't care as long as you follow the "flow of traffic." They seem to only ticket those "aggressive" drivers weaving in and out of lanes to speed in the 80s, even 90s.

Gotta watch how you drive in Oregon. Those Oregonians are crazy drivers! Especially on route 30 in Clatsop county towards Astoria! :P

so .. i did stop by scooter store... they said if you want to take motorcyle lic, then you can get scooter that has more than 150CC .. if you want less than that, then you may not need that lic.. i think..

Yes, I think it is something like that. However I also think there is a certain limitation to what you can drive on 'main roads', and a further limitation of what you can drive on highway/freeway.

Prius

As a daily commuting driver to work, I drive around 90 miles total in both directions. In past week, I drove my 2006 Prius at 55MPH and has stick to it by cruise control.

Boy, was I surprised by results? YES I DID!

Achieved more than 66MPG with optimum tyre pressure.
Pissed off truckies in truck lanes which enforces 55MPH limit.
One car has fingered one me from window
Too many cars passed me and makes me wonder. How can they voice their complaining on gas prices yet they drive too fast. Can't have in both ways!
CHP checked on me from patrol car for around 20 miles.

Will I do it again with $4 gallon. YES!

nascar an unecessary cause of poluution and waste of fuels. pathetic marketing tool.
it's a new day and age...get with the program

Who said that N.A.S.C.A.R. wasn't, simply, a sport?

I remember driving through the country-side of North and South Carolina. Instead of huge stadiums for high school football, they had huge stadiums for racing. It's their sport of choice.

The rest of us conserve - and don't bother each other for sport.

Gotta watch how you drive in Oregon. Those Oregonians are crazy drivers! Especially on route 30 in Clatsop county towards Astoria! :P

Try US 101 north of Santa Rosa, CA. There are lots of drivers going 75-80 mph on the winding 4 lane highway thru the canyon.

As a daily commuting driver to work, I drive around 90 miles total in both directions. In past week, I drove my 2006 Prius at 55MPH and has stick to it by cruise control.

Boy, was I surprised by results? YES I DID!

Achieved more than 66MPG with optimum tyre pressure.
Pissed off truckies in truck lanes which enforces 55MPH limit.
One car has fingered one me from window
Too many cars passed me and makes me wonder. How can they voice their complaining on gas prices yet they drive too fast. Can't have in both ways!
CHP checked on me from patrol car for around 20 miles.

Will I do it again with $4 gallon. YES!

Geez, those drivers have no patience. You got a really good result! 66 mpg for a 2006 Prius, that's cool!

55 sounds good.

but

with the highway speed limit at 70 or whatever, everyone goes about 85 or faster.

so setting it back to 55 would make the new highway speed about 70.

Just follow the speed limit everywhere you go. Save money on gas and insurance.

Also when you take off, go up to 2,000 rpm as you get to the speed limit then relax the gas pedal at the speed limit-- keep at the lowest rpm as possible.

Absolutely!!....ridiculous we all crying about prices while driving 70-75 everywhere.....once over 55 the mpg goes down .........not just to save you money but to use less gas nationally.....more supply equal prices down.....I favor 55-60 max....some are going to drive 65-70 anyway.....but 75-80 really burns it up and everyone all the time....smh

I want to be fast. Lol. I just another new driver. about wk old driver.

This morning when I was driving on way to work...I was going about 60 to 63 mph on the cruise control. Everyone was going faster than me until I entered around Seattle city limits, they mostly slowed down due to more cars on the freeway. I thought that was weird that everyone still speeds even with high gas prices.

Back