Is christmas stressful for you?

I put a status update on my FB saying that I was overwhelmed last week. One of my coworkers kept questioning me about it...I told her it was the holidays but she thinks I am having martial problems with my hubby! Oh boyeeee...

It is often stressful if you do a last-minute Xmas shopping.

I finished shopping within an hour last night because I had a list of gifts ready for my family.

I get frusterated with the buying of the presents and how busy the damn malls are..esp when ppl are bustling about and u don't know what's going on..or communication just is not jiving b/w u and the sales person or person helping u....i would love to win the lottery and get a personal assistant lmao

also this xmas my grandparents are in arizona...so it's kinda sad that they are gone:(

It's not a stressful time for me. I guess it's cuz I'm still single with no kids. :dunno:

Christmas can be somewhat stressful or not. It is just only a matter of time as to how to plan it ahead. If it is at the last minute, Of course you'd feel a bit rushed to do everything at once.

I used to get so stressful about it and worrying about what gifts to get for the family because I like to find the 'right' gift to give to them. This year, I'm not going to get too worried about it and just get them something simpler. It's definitely relieves the stress too.

I am already weepy and feeling depressed due to holiday stress. Sigh

Actually I can't wait for Christmas now...... :)

I was pulling out Christmas decorations when I came across a box that hasn't been open in years. I thought it was memorabilia from my college years.

But I opened it and it was 3 Christmas gifts from my daughter--all wrapped. I thought about opening it but decided to wait until the 25th!

I think the one is a picture......

I was pulling out Christmas decorations when I came across a box that hasn't been open in years. I thought it was memorabilia from my college years.

But I opened it and it was 3 Christmas gifts from my daughter--all wrapped. I thought about opening it but decided to wait until the 25th!

Really? Wow - that sent shivers up my spine.

Really? Wow - that sent shivers up my spine.

It spooked me considering that she has been gone now for almost 7 years.

I didn't how to react, should I open it or not but decided to put it under the Christmas tree. As Christmas was her favorite time of the year.

We are financially stressed this year. We are just buying presents for the children. Hubby and I came to agreement that we will treat each other when our tax return arrives.

I put a status update on my FB saying that I was overwhelmed last week. One of my coworkers kept questioning me about it...I told her it was the holidays but she thinks I am having martial problems with my hubby! Oh boyeeee...

Sometimes people get wrong picture what we put on the facebook status ahh that knowing to happen when they jump the gun too soon. I know how that goes. ha :cool2:

I get frusterated with the buying of the presents and how busy the damn malls are..esp when ppl are bustling about and u don't know what's going on..or communication just is not jiving b/w u and the sales person or person helping u....i would love to win the lottery and get a personal assistant lmao

also this xmas my grandparents are in arizona...so it's kinda sad that they are gone:(

Oh yeah that so true!! Knowing the malls is a very damn big hassle when ppl are being rude or having some miscommunication break down. I would have love to win the lottery too! lol Maybe we won t have to be so damn fustrated this much. ha :hmm::aw:

:eek: You never opened it?! How come you haven't opened them when she gave it to you?

:eek: You never opened it?! How come you haven't opened them when she gave it to you?

I think what happend was that after her murder, I didn't want to celebrate Christmas that year.

I had my family at the time and they helped packed things from her room as I couldn't do it. Apparently she had Christmas gifts for me and they ended up getting packed.

It would be 7 years December 15th.

I think what happend was that after her murder, I didn't want to celebrate Christmas that year.

I had my family at the time and they helped packed things from her room as I couldn't do it. Apparently she had Christmas gifts for me and they ended up getting packed.

Oh Byrdie - here is a huge tight long hug for you - my heart really goes to you

Oh Byrdie - here is a huge tight long hug for you - my heart really goes to you

:) Thanks.

But for some reason--after today's discovery--I'm been experiencing sadness, anger, teary eyed, and everytime I see her gifts under the tree--I experience peacefulness.

I even went to the store and it seems that people's Christmas lights are more brighter than before.

All I can say is I CAN'T WAIT FOR CHRISTMAS MORNING! Hers is going to be the first I'm opening that day!

Wow! That sure gives me shudders. Here's a big hug from me! :hug: :hug:

Byrdie, your story brought tears to my eyes. Aww. Big hugs to ya!

I think it is great you can find a sense of peace.

Do your other two know you found the gift?

Byrdie, your story brought tears to my eyes. Aww. Big hugs to ya!

I think it is great you can find a sense of peace.

Do your other two know you found the gift?

Yes. And for some strange reason--he is getting into the Christmas holiday. :)

Back