Instant Ramen

Hmm.. Sorry, I got wrong brand. I mean westernized maruchan ramen. Really I didn't know there are two kinds of ramen soups.

i have never tried ramen noodles yet. during my college in dc, i tend not to chose any ramens. dont ask me why because union station is right there that i constantly went there. damn that i kept losing $ to food and drinks. ha

anyway i have been meaning to get ramen noodles but never around to it. oh man.. maybe this weekend.

for America, I like ramen with teriyaki chicken, it's not easy to find one. DAMNIT!

Import, I LOVE Nong Shim - shin ramyun, it's super-spicy, it help clean my nose whatever I have stuffed inside. Clean up! Ahhh! *breath easy*

However, the way I cook, I DO NOT cook the only noodle but come with ton of everything to become a REAL meal! Add real meat, vegetable of something to make taste good to be among.

I prefer to go to a Thai Restraunt to get my rice noodle soup. We have a Hot Wok restraunt around the corner that will deliver their Noodle Soups which is great for those days when we are sick or wife has migraine and can't handle salty or spicy foods.

When I was yonuger I ate the maruchan picante flavor in the cup and added Louisiana Hot Sauce to it. yumm

25059927_d4963d151e.jpg

I can judge how much I put season in it...I drain some water out after its done cook, save some water for season...:) Ummm you make me hungry for it! :giggle: I only like the beef and spicy chicken (they stopped making it..I think it was spicy chicken or was it beef?)

I used to eat Maruchan Ramen Noodle soup as a kid. I don't eat it anymore due to high sodium.

I love the Oriental flavor ramens, also I like the Yakisoba noodles so good! I usually love to put the soy sauces on them.

When I was in Japan, they have the best ramen soups that I ever tried.

As a college student and single mom these are the best! but not the one the cups, the one in the 6pk for like $0.94 :giggle: Shrimp is my favorite but sometimes just use them plain to replace pasta. :P

Both of my kids are freaks over the chicken flaored kinds. They always want to eat that for breakfast, lunch and dinner...I have to put them on "Ramen Noodle" restrictions! It is that bad! As for me...I dont like the idea of eating such a high volume of sodium but once every blue moon, I will eat one with wheat bread.

no way for breakfast! are you isane!

i do love noodles when i was in deaf school its longtimes ago

6 packs? Just order the 50 packs.

There's nothing like the "spicy" flavor just mixed with some cheese. That is just good. Real good. Shame I can't find the spicy flavor anymore :(

Oriental supermarkets, the asian ones - Chinese, Japanese, Korean, they will all hold your instant ramen needs. The only thing is, they don't have the ones that have the feeling like an "american cheeseburger" feeling that you get from eating americanized ramen.

I saw this post and wanted to share a yummy recipe with you. It tastes like a Thai or Burmese dish. I found this recipe before Christmas and have made it every week since.

Ramen Noodle Salad

1/2 cup of oil
1/2 cup of white vinegar
1/2 cup of sugar
2 packages of Ramen Noodles (one chicken and one beef)
1 bag of broccoli slaw
1/2 bunch of green onions
1 cup of sliced almonds
1 cup of sunflower seeds

Boil ramen noodles for one minute and set aside. Mix oil, vinegar, sugar and seasoning packs from the noodles. Add remaining ingredients and enjoy.

Last edited:
I like the shrimp or chicken ramen noodles the best. I don't eat it often, though. I wonder what the Japanese ramen noodles taste like? I bet it's healthier since lower in sodium or something.

I don't really care much for ramen since thats all my mom would feed me when she got depressed and stayed in bed all day, but if I have to eat it I go for the chicken flavored Nissan Top Ramen :D

i love shrimp flavored ramen! i eat ramen when i don't work at golden coral. when i work at golden coral i eat for free. but when i at home i eat ramen so i save money for college! it taste good but it make me thirsty for cold water! i buy 6 pack at walmart. very cheap.

I used to eat a lot of these (the Maruchan one - not the one you buy in cups, eww!) in the summertime. When I do, I usually prefer the beef-flavoured one.

Back