I'm curious

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveBlue

Reaction score
I'm curious why those who signed up at AllHearing are not posting much (I know, I'm not either). And for those who have visited the site (there are 5 guests there now), why did you not sign up?

BTW, I'm guilty of visiting sights as a guest until I want to add my 2 cents or ask a question. :whistle:

Again, just curious. Am certainly not trying to start a heated discussion. :shock:

I'm curious why those who signed up at AllHearing are not posting much (I know, I'm not either). And for those who have visited the site (there are 5 guests there now), why did you not sign up?

BTW, I'm guilty of visiting sights as a guest until I want to add my 2 cents or ask a question. :whistle:

Again, just curious. Am certainly not trying to start a heated discussion. :shock:

People like to have a complex here, it seems. Some are dominant and when the other refuses to submit... They get all pissy...

Oh wait...

New sites usually requires people to get it off the ground.. :) Allhearing lacks something Alldeaf has.. Deaf people with their experiences. Allhearing is mostly for people who just dont want to be part of the Deaf culture i would presume.

I prefer deaf sites. And Alldeaf is really pretty open.

I meant for my questions to be more directed to those of us who are "hearing" with our CIs/HAs and who don't belong, at least yet, to the Deaf community. I believe that's who Alex set it up for.

I meant for my questions to be more directed to those of us who are "hearing" with our CIs/HAs and who don't belong, at least yet, to the Deaf community. I believe that's who Alex set it up for.

Nobody doesnt belong. Everyone does.

It's the audist attitude that can be left at the bay.

I didn't mean belong in that way. Maybe "feel part of"? "feel comfortable with"? Sorry, I have trouble coming up with the right words for lots of my thoughts/feelings.

I didn't mean belong in that way. Maybe "feel part of"? "feel comfortable with"? Sorry, I have trouble coming up with the right words for lots of my thoughts/feelings.

You mean a forum for people who are in between two worlds? The hearing and the Deaf?

A French forum has that.

I am not a hearie. I am deaf so I choose to stick with those who are like me. Just because I have a CI does not make me a hearie. I have been sick the past few days with a sinus infection and have spent the past few day's in total silence because it is just much easier to relax without sound.

I used to be hearing, and hoh. Now I am deaf. AllDeaf is all I need.

Allhearing lacks something Alldeaf has.. Deaf people with their experiences. Allhearing is mostly for people who just dont want to be part of the Deaf culture i would presume
Right on. The problem with Hearing Health style forums is that it's hard to develop an active community, simply based on discussion about hearing aids/ALDs/CIs.
It would be like ...Say you had two support groups for blind/low vision people. One would have mostly stuff about low vision aids and not much else. The other would have that, but also have stuff about Braille, blind activism, forums for blind teens, late blinded folks etc etc etc.
I think forums like Allhearing and HLAA are more for ex hearing/late dhh folks.
That sort of thing might be good for you guys....but most of us here (even those who are Deaf) got a hefty dose of Hearing Health 101. It's kind of dull...we prefer a more inclusive AllDeaf approach, where there's discussion about HAs, CI but also cultural and community stuff.

not much activity over there so I haven't been around there much.

Right on. The problem with Hearing Health style forums is that it's hard to develop an active community, simply based on discussion about hearing aids/ALDs/CIs.
It would be like ...Say you had two support groups for blind/low vision people. One would have mostly stuff about low vision aids and not much else. The other would have that, but also have stuff about Braille, blind activism, forums for blind teens, late blinded folks etc etc etc.
I think forums like Allhearing and HLAA are more for ex hearing/late dhh folks.
That sort of thing might be good for you guys....but most of us here (even those who are Deaf) got a hefty dose of Hearing Health 101. It's kind of dull...we prefer a more inclusive AllDeaf approach, where there's discussion about HAs, CI but also cultural and community stuff.

Agreed. This is a community of people who associate on all sorts of levels, from social to personal to informative. We are, in every sense of the word, a cohort...or a group of friends. We support each other in bad times, and rejoice with each other in the good. You cannot get that from a forum who limits the topics with which the deal. And, the fact that we do bond on personal levels is why the late-deafened thread has been so successful. It is working exactly the same as a personal growth group would work in a face to face format. People have bonded and become closer in the process of dealing with a problem unique to the members of the group. I love watching the process there.

AllDeaf is good enough for me. I don't have an urge to join more forums. I do occasionally post at a Blu-ray forum, but that's because I like to know where to get the best deals. Yes, I'm tech-savvy. :)

Alldeaf is enough for me with all those arguements about CI's, I hope the behaviour of certain people improves. If the CI bashing still contiues, I might aswell leave as it's not doing my self esteem any good. I don't want to end up with another forum to go through it all over again.

Alldeaf is enough for me with all those arguements about CI's, I hope the behaviour of certain people improves. If the CI bashing still contiues, I might aswell leave as it's not doing my self esteem any good. I don't want to end up with another forum to go through it all over again.

Indeed OTP... Sadly I believe that is their intention's.. To force the CI population away from the site.

K... Not sure where I have given a audist view on here.. but never the less....

K... Not sure where I have given a audist view on here.. but never the less....

Deaffy - it's never been you. Trust me on this. You have been very open and good about everything. Giving your point of view and understanding our position on things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back