I wonder, do you keep your old TDD/TTY?

yagazn

Reaction score
Since everyone already have VP/OJO and HOVRS. And of course BB/Sidekick too.

So, do you keep your old TDD/TTY? Poor TDD/TTY. Mine's Ameriphone TTY, Of course I kept it.

here's my TTY picture:
myttypicture1.jpg

Last edited:
I dumped all of my TTY about a year after I got my first Sorenson Videophone VP-100. Never go back to TTY again, ande if I really need to use TTY, there is always free NXIcom software based TTY that you could download from NXIcom website.

Yes in case someone or the school calls.

OH yeah, we still have those about 3 to 4 of them LOL - Never know in case of emergency to use 911 on tty - Who knows...... Hee hee!

I have two TTYs - one by Ultratec (ewwwwww!) and Krown-TTY. I have not seen both since I moved here. They are still unbothered in my old college backpack.

But I use the free NexTalk TTY one on the computer.

No, I just dumped in last 2 years ago, it was 2 TTY, got one in 1990 and other in 1996.

One from 1996 were broken then I had use one from 1990.

I still have them but buried somewhere! We stopped using them since we got VP. :)

Mine is EZcom Pro. I haven't used it for a long time, either...but I still keep it in case I need to call 911, and it's not easy to call 911 over the internet, I think

I have TDD in my closet but I haven't use it because I don't have phone line. I use Videophone - VP-200.

When I got the VP, I use TTY until the TTY broken. I no longer need TTY since I have pager that use SIPRelay can use for 911. Since my VP200 has local number or the 10 digital numbers that I can call 911 will notify their system. So thing become easy for me.

I still have TTY and it is under the bed. I would have to use the call to contact with 911 or any emergencies. There is hearing people need a phone so I have the phone line, too.

I still have TTY and it is under the bed. I would have to use the call to contact with 911 or any emergencies. There is hearing people need a phone so I have the phone line, too.
Do you have the TTY connected to a phone line under the bed for emergencies?

I still have a TTY. Once in a while, a deaf friend calls me on the TTY. Some deaf people don't have internet connections for VP or email.

Besides, it cost me several hundred dollars, so I hate to just throw it away. :D

Besides, it cost me several hundred dollars, so I hate to just throw it away. :D

I do still have a high-quality TDD (barely new - just used less than several times) somewhere with me but never use it since early 2003 and is being webbed even more underway. :lol:

My TDD has been collecting dust and cat hair since I made a last TTY call a few months ago.

Do you have the TTY connected to a phone line under the bed for emergencies?

that sound silly answer but also I said it lay under the bed, not mean it is connected under the bed.

TTY is un connected and not use it. I left it UNDER the bed. When I need it then I will take it out and use it with phone line on the wall. :hmm:

Even though I have CIs, I still have a TeleBraille (Braille TTY) that VR paid for in 1996. I haven't used it in 4 years, but decided to keep it in case my CIs fail, my speech processors need replacement or are lost. I also decided to keep it given the expense ($5,000-$6,000) as well as the fact that this model has been discontinued and its replacement (Krown V-Touch Braille TTY) doesn't offer a face-to-face communication mode.

I have Ultratec and still use it for relay. I gave my older one to my sister so I can call her without using relay. She doesn't have a computer but it sounds like she will share one with her daughter later on. What is more is that I can afford only the dial-up (yeah, I know it is super-slow.) but will switch to better speed later on.

Spider will dance while you r asleep until then when you pull it out from under ur bed!! Heh! Heh!

Back