I want to know everything!

Hi, I'm Stevie.

I'm hearing, 20, I live near Pasadena, California, and I'm currently a student.

I'm studying to be a Deaf Studies major, with an emphasis in interpreting. I love learning languages, and have studied four other languages before ASL, the most recent of which was German.

My family consists of my great-grandfather, who I love to the ends of the earth, my mom (my dad recently passed away), my older sister, her husband, and their two daughters (I love them so much!! The younger learned sign for a while 'cause she wasn't speaking), and my younger brother. I also have a best friend of almost 7 years who's like a sister to me, and I love her!

Hobbies include art, reading (voraciously), video games, and browsing the interwebs. I love traveling, though I don't have the money to do it (need a job, grr!).

I'm of mixed descent, my father being Mexican (this isn't the one who died, but my stepdad was more of a dad to me than my father ever was, and ever will be), and my mother's a mix of western European, with a little bit of Native American mixed in.

Nice to meet you!!!

-Steph

Rebecca you have such a beautiful family! All your babies (children, grandchildren, boyfriend, dog, and cats) are so precious! You're a true matriarch. <3

:ty: Samantha.

I forget that youngest daughter also do music video for The Higgins.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyIqZOANH3E]The Higgins "Real Thing" - YouTube[/ame]

Hi, I'm Stevie.

I'm studying to be a Deaf Studies major, with an emphasis in interpreting. I love learning languages, and have studied four other languages before ASL, the most recent of which was German.

My family consists of my great-grandfather, who I love to the ends of the earth, my mom (my dad recently passed away), my older sister, her husband, and their two daughters (I love them so much!! The younger learned sign for a while 'cause she wasn't speaking), and my younger brother. I also have a best friend of almost 7 years who's like a sister to me, and I love her!

Hobbies include art, reading (voraciously), video games, and browsing the interwebs. I love traveling, though I don't have the money to do it (need a job, grr!).

I'm of mixed descent, my father being Mexican (this isn't the one who died, but my stepdad was more of a dad to me than my father ever was, and ever will be), and my mother's a mix of western European, with a little bit of Native American mixed in.

Nice to meet you!!!

-Steph

Hello nice to meet to you,

welcome to you!

I'm 28.

Am the youngest of 6 children and the only deaf.

Am already an great aunt twice.

Lives near the best shopping capital in Australia.

Owns a senior Ragdoll cat.

Loves to travel and read, and meet Aders. :)

That's about it.

Hi, my name is Julia. I'm 19 years old and am trying my best to not go crazy still living at home with my Grandmother, Mother, and taller-younger Sister. I'm looking for a job so, I can move out, I haven't told them yet. I'm a English Major going England next Spring term. Oh and, when I studied the globe I found out I'm made up of like half the countries on it. But, most of my life I was called white even though if you ask me, my skin looks yellow. I'm hoh a little and I'm taking ASL classes(I'm level 1). _A message from Portland metro, Oregon,USA.

Well, let's see... how about youse AD'ers who have known me for the past few years try and throw on who I am. Go for it! :p

Keep in mind I remember things and could do the same for anybody who has been here a while.

JClarke's bio:

Australian in his twenties
Born deaf due to congenital rubella
2 sisters and 1 brother
Dog named Ted
Works for the government as a computer guy
Loves ASL and the USA
Enjoys road trips with his girlfriend in his Ford Fiesta
PS3 gameplayer who just got MacBook Pro
Looking into cochlear implant
Japan enthusiast

There you go Jake. Did I leave anything important out?

Hi, I'm Stevie.

Nice to meet you!!!

-Steph

Nice to meet you Steph! I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I lost a friend yesterday morning and that has been very difficult. I couldn't imagine the pain of losing a parent. I hope it gets easier <3

Keep in mind I remember things and could do the same for anybody who has been here a while.

JClarke's bio:

Australian in his twenties
Born deaf due to congenital rubella
2 sisters and 1 brother
Dog named Ted
Works for the government as a computer guy
Loves ASL and the USA
Enjoys road trips with his girlfriend in his Ford Fiesta
PS3 gameplayer who just got MacBook Pro
Looking into cochlear implant
Japan enthusiast

There you go Jake. Did I leave anything important out?

That's really cool that you remember all that stuff about people, Bott.

You haven't given us your own bio yet!!

That's really cool that you remember all that stuff about people, Bott.

You haven't given us your own bio yet!!

Well, not that interesting, but here it is.

I am 54 years old.
Married since age 21.
2 daughters.
2 granddaughters aged 2 and 4.
I am deaf (severe/profound) and legally blind due to Ocular Histoplasmosis Syndrome, which is one of the most common forms of acquired blindness.
I like walking or could really be called hiking, but in my preferred city environment.
I have lived in many states but longest in Texas and Iowa. Iowa is where I live now.
I did work for myself as a petsitter for a long time, but am retired now due to the worsening vision problem.
I really like collecting shoes. Converse All Stars, Birkenstocks, and Crocs. My family usually gives me these for holidays.
I rescue dogs and my Pekingese is a deaf dog that I rescued when he was five years old.

Nice to meet you Steph! I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I lost a friend yesterday morning and that has been very difficult. I couldn't imagine the pain of losing a parent. I hope it gets easier <3

I've lost others before, and it does. I'm just waiting till I get to that point. I hope you're doing well. I posted in your other thread, too. I usually just take things a day, then a week, then a month at a time. Soon the months turn into a year, and so forth. The first year's always the hardest.

Anywho, it's a pleasure to meet you.

Botts and Jillio collect Converse shoes..:)

I'm 32...for a while I really thought I was 31 until a friend did the math for me...I managed to skip a year! Lol! I haven't celebrated my birthday since I was 13 so I'm going to this year.

I'm Deaf.
Mother of two awesome kids and stepmother of an awesome kid.
Wife of a Rob Zombie fan.
I'm a teacher.
I'm a Shakespeare freak.
I've been to all 50 states of the U.S.
I'm a closet Goth.
I've died three times.
I was accepted to Harvard with a full scholarship but had to give it up.
I have irrational fears of six and eight legged critters.
I want a pet pig one day (miniature pot-belly, pink or black).
I've been banned from AG Bell Association...for life. Heh.
I'm addicted to chocolate, good wine, and bubble baths.
I'm addicted to Facebook and Alldeaf. And Shutterfly.
I once pitched a tent at a state office because they wouldn't return my messages.
I've shot people before. They deserved it.
I have the most bizarre life experiences. I'm serious. Bizarre.
I got a little over a million dollars and gave it all to build a deaf school in another country.
I want my money back. Ha, just kidding.
And I often am on Alldeaf to avoid housework...

Back to work! *sweep, mop, dust...*

Wirelessly posted (droid)

Banned from AGB? I'm impressed!
And also avoiding housework. LOL

155m9dx.gif

Can Deaf people hear music? I was just wondering, I don't mean to seem mean.

I can feel the music. If it's really loud I feel bass and drum beating through my body. If it is really, really loud, and I put my ear to speaker, I can hear the music (cannot make out words) but I don't do that often; hurts ear.

Back