I want to know everything!

I'm Jessica. I'm 26 years old. Married the love of my life and best friend, Jonathan, 6 months ago. We've been together for 4 and a half years.

We have 2 daughters. Madison and Natalie.

Natalie is HOH, she loves Dora the Explorer, finger paints and getting into ANYTHING she's not supposed to.

Madison was our first daughter, she was born with a rare condition and died when she was only 17 days old.

I love photography, reading, being a stay at home Mommy and shopping!

Would post pics but I don't know how? Anyone?

I'm Jessica. I'm 26 years old. Married the love of my life and best friend, Jonathan, 6 months ago. We've been together for 4 and a half years.

Natalie is HOH, she loves Dora the Explorer, finger paints and getting into ANYTHING she's not supposed to.

Madison was our first daughter, she was born with a rare condition and died when she was only 17 days old.

Hi Jessica. My best friend's name is Jessica and my boyfriend's name is Jonathan haha. Nice to meet you!

Hi Jessica! I'm so happy to see you are still here! :D I was afraid we had chased you off and I felt really bad about that because I knew you are exactly the type of person we most want to reach. You actually brought me out a bit as I shared on your thread something very personal and I had not even shared with my gf. I hope you and your daughter are doing well! I just wanted to tell you that it brought a smile to my face to see you still on here! :D

To add pictures, you will need to be in the advanced editing mode. Then scroll down the web page to see the Attach Files section, click on Manage Attachments. I hope that helps!

Hey
My name is JabberJay (only tell people real name if I know them enough), I'm 23 years old and engaged to a hearing man. Oddly enough he's a musician that is willing to learn asl as I learn it. HOH but need to wait a month before I can get fitted for hearing aids.

I enjoy; reading, gaming (both computer and tabletop), cooking, and just being weird.
I live in Alberta right now but was originally from Newfoundland. Will probably be staying in Alberta now, just not the city I'm in now.

Keep in mind I remember things and could do the same for anybody who has been here a while.

JClarke's bio:

Australian in his twenties
Born deaf due to congenital rubella
2 sisters and 1 brother
Dog named Ted
Works for the government as a computer guy
Loves ASL and the USA
Enjoys road trips with his girlfriend in his Ford Fiesta
PS3 gameplayer who just got MacBook Pro
Looking into cochlear implant
Japan enthusiast

There you go Jake. Did I leave anything important out?

im a japan enthusiast

God, Jessica, I do not know about Madison. <cry>

How do I miss that with Crackbook?

So, so sorry for loss of daughter.

Natalie *SO* beautiful and happy child. You good Mumma!

Hi Jessica! I'm so happy to see you are still here! :D I was afraid we had chased you off and I felt really bad about that because I knew you are exactly the type of person we most want to reach. You actually brought me out a bit as I shared on your thread something very personal and I had not even shared with my gf. I hope you and your daughter are doing well! I just wanted to tell you that it brought a smile to my face to see you still on here! :D

To add pictures, you will need to be in the advanced editing mode. Then scroll down the web page to see the Attach Files section, click on Manage Attachments. I hope that helps!

Jessica strong Mumma. Not easily chased off. She *is* Mum we want to reach because she do not take offence like others do. She actually want to learn for her and daughter who she love.

She *also* brought me out by sharing in her thread about Natalie. In fact, *YOU* also brought me out by sharing what you did so thank you both. :ty:

If we only realize that every person we come into contact with can teach us something, if we only *listen*, the world would be better place.

Re: pictures...see little yellow envelope near top right in reply box? Second row? Click on that and paste link to photo. Poof, done.:giggle:

Steven
Jack of all trades (motorcycle mechanic, construction, landscaping, etc.)
Former English Teacher of deaf international students (how I went bald)
Hereditarily HoH
Writer of fiction and prose
Married

Hobbies:
Skateboarding
Motorcycles
Metal Detecting/Gold Panning
Golf
Numismatics

My sister is a Fox News panelist, my cousin has his own show on Animal planet, and my best friends are published authors (in the same circle as Deepak Chopra, Richard Bach and William Moore).

He and I talk frequently, I am friends with his daughter:

Morning Has Been All Night Coming by award-winning author John Harricharan

Hello Jessica, nice to meet to you nice!

Can Deaf people hear music? I was just wondering, I don't mean to seem mean.

Misconception is that deaf = DEAF. We, mostly, hear sounds but what we *CAN'T* hear are words. For example, I hear airplane overhead, or ambulance siren, or firetruck siren, but do not understand words spoken.

Actually pretty rare to know Deaf who is 100% Deaf but we are all Deaf (no pun :giggle:) regardless.

People, hearies, do not understand that Deaf equal somewhere in between. We are not DEAF or hearing. There is large scale. Hope I explain.

Last edited:
Misconception is that deaf = DEAF. We, mostly, hear sounds but what we *CAN'T* hear are words. For example, I hear airplane overhead, or ambulance siren, or firetruck siren, but do not understand words spoken.

Actually pretty rare to know Deaf who is 100% Deaf but we are all Deaf (no pun :giggle:) regardless.

People, hearies, do not understand that Deaf equal somehwere in between. We are not Deaf or hearing. There is large scale. Hope I explain.

that is true it :giggle:

People, hearies, do not understand that Deaf equal somehwere in between. We are not Deaf or hearing. There is large scale. Hope I explain.

Ooooh I rare creature! Like unicorn! Hehe. I 100% deaf :)

you're a very pretty girl!! i love the pics..you're so lucky to have a cute brother- i'm the only child in my family and i always wish i had siblings :(

well let's see.. i'm a 20 year old girl from the U.S. (the big 2-1 is coming in a few months!! :dance2:)

i was born profoundly deaf and went to hearing schools all my life.. i chose to not go to a deaf school because i didn't want to be away from my family and friends at home. i would love to participate in the deaf community more- i'm never around deafies and i'm interested in making friends with them. maybe i should consider going to Gallaudet or RIT :) i'm currently taking three courses from a community college

in the future i would love to be a social worker for children..or have any job that requires helping people

more things about me:
1. i'm french, irish, english & italian
2. i have two adorable cats..and i'm planning on getting a dog :) maybe a chihuahua or a yorkie
3. for my free time i love to do nail art (water marbling, konad, foil, etc.)- i have like 1339833883 nail polishes and still wanna buy more!
4. sucker for stories involving romance!!
5. single and not looking.. i was in two horrible relationships with men so i'm kind of afraid to date again. people are always telling me to get a friend with benefits but that kind of thing is not for me at all
6. my best friend is a girl who grew up on my street.. i have known her all my life and she's like a sister i never had. we like the exact same things and think alike.. it's crazy! i always have a blast with her whenever we hang out
7. my favorite shows are : two and a half men, jersey shore, awkward, millionaire matchmaker, keeping up with the kardashians, bad girls club
8. i love to travel and go on road trips.. i've only been outside the US once but i would love to see places like italy, france, morocco, japan, argentina, hawaii, new england, and AMSTERDAM :lol:

i can't think of more.. i guess that's all you have to know about me :D

you're a very pretty girl!! i love the pics..you're so lucky to have a cute brother- i'm the only child in my family and i always wish i had siblings :(

well let's see.. i'm a 20 year old girl from the U.S. (the big 2-1 is coming in a few months!! :dance2:)

i was born profoundly deaf and went to hearing schools all my life.. i chose to not go to a deaf school because i didn't want to be away from my family and friends at home. i would love to participate in the deaf community more- i'm never around deafies and i'm interested in making friends with them. maybe i should consider going to Gallaudet or RIT :) i'm currently taking three courses from a community college

in the future i would love to be a social worker for children..or have any job that requires helping people

more things about me:
1. i'm french, irish, english & italian
2. i have two adorable cats..and i'm planning on getting a dog :) maybe a chihuahua or a yorkie
3. for my free time i love to do nail art (water marbling, konad, foil, etc.)- i have like 1339833883 nail polishes and still wanna buy more!
4. sucker for stories involving romance!!
5. single and not looking.. i was in two horrible relationships with men so i'm kind of afraid to date again. people are always telling me to get a friend with benefits but that kind of thing is not for me at all
6. my best friend is a girl who grew up on my street.. i have known her all my life and she's like a sister i never had. we like the exact same things and think alike.. it's crazy! i always have a blast with her whenever we hang out
7. my favorite shows are : two and a half men, jersey shore, awkward, millionaire matchmaker, keeping up with the kardashians, bad girls club
8. i love to travel and go on road trips.. i've only been outside the US once but i would love to see places like italy, france, morocco, japan, argentina, hawaii, new england, and AMSTERDAM :lol:

i can't think of more.. i guess that's all you have to know about me :D

Hi Kate! My last name is Rivera too :)

I begged my parents for a sibling forever and they refused (jake was a bit of a surprise). OMG I'm excited for you to turn 21. I've never had so much fun in my life!! I really love the fact that you're single and not looking. Sometimes I really wish I was single. I'm a very independent person so having someone being my shadow all the time gets very old very fast. I swear one day if I stop short his head would go straight up my ass! He takes our relationship way too seriously and I really hate it! But he really loves me and idk if that's something I'm ready to give up. ANYWAYYY we like a lot of the same shows! I do nail art too! I have a ton of pictures of my designs on my facebook (they're probably not as good as yours)! I can't believe we have so much in common :)

Nice to meet you!!

Hi Kate! My last name is Rivera too :)

I begged my parents for a sibling forever and they refused (jake was a bit of a surprise). OMG I'm excited for you to turn 21. I've never had so much fun in my life!! I really love the fact that you're single and not looking. Sometimes I really wish I was single. I'm a very independent person so having someone being my shadow all the time gets very old very fast. I swear one day if I stop short his head would go straight up my ass! He takes our relationship way too seriously and I really hate it! But he really loves me and idk if that's something I'm ready to give up. ANYWAYYY we like a lot of the same shows! I do nail art too! I have a ton of pictures of my designs on my facebook (they're probably not as good as yours)! I can't believe we have so much in common :)

Nice to meet you!!

i think it's really sweet you have a guy who loves you and treats you well.. but i can understand how you feel! now is not the right time for me to be with a guy. i have sooo much going on in my life and i don't really have time for dating. i need to focus on myself and do my thing for now.

i would love to see your nail designs!! please post the pics on here if you don't mind? :D

it's so cool how much we're alike..welcome to AD!

I think my bio is scattered all over this forum. Does anyone want to take a stab at summing it up in one post for me here. ;)

I think my bio is scattered all over this forum. Does anyone want to take a stab at summing it up in one post for me here. ;)

High school track team member.
Divorced Baptist mother of one daughter.
Fan of musician Darren Hays.
Labrador retriever trainer.
Loves her truck.
Hobbiest photographer.
Farm worker and sometime substitute teacher.
Hopes to return to university and move to own apartment.
Likes weird hat.

Back