I think I may get this as my new car...

:tears: Being that I'm only 16, I currently don't own a supercar (nor any car for that matter). But hey, if you don't mind waiting 6-14 years (approximately), I'd be more than happy to take one out of my collection and up to "Cincy". :cool:
:laugh2:

Right. I see this happening. :lol:

It is safe to say that a Subaru Forester can pull up to 2,000 lbs with a 150 to 200 lb tongue load. If you overload the Subaru, it will not stop safely in an emergency or break something.

Did you check out the Mini's on eBay?

no. it's bit more complicated than that.

You just gotta look at its towing capacity limit (Class I-VI), tongue limit, height clearance, etc. etc.

Chance is... Forester and Outback have a very limited towing capacity and I believe it's foolish to tow a big boat with it.

Yes, I understand you talk about the tongue weight limit. I think they have 200 lbs limit (depend on model). I just googled Subaru forum about the towing trailers, some of them says, they did towing the camper trailers, take easy with automatic transmissions. BS stories????

It is safe to say that a Subaru Forester can pull up to 2,000 lbs with a 150 to 200 lb tongue load. If you overload the Subaru, it will not stop safely in an emergency or break something.

Right, if the trailer is equip'ed with electronic brake system like The Highlander mentioned, and ABS/Trac system, may handle good brake. I fear the Subaru are no good mountain climber with tow camper/boat trailers or blow automatic transmissions.

Yes, I understand you talk about the tongue weight limit. I think they have 200 lbs limit (depend on model). I just googled Subaru forum about the towing trailers, some of them says, they did towing the camper trailers, take easy with automatic transmissions. BS stories????

I do believe that Subaru can tow along with modifications but why??? why risk your life? and other people's lives?

It's ok to tow something small like jet ski, small fishing boat, kayak, sport trailer, or small cargo trailer - assuming that it's within 1,000lbs (more or less)... but anything more than that.... it's plain stupidity and reckless.

Right, if the trailer is equip'ed with electronic brake system like The Highlander mentioned, and ABS/Trac system, may handle good brake. I fear the Subaru are no good mountain climber with tow camper/boat trailers or blow automatic transmissions.

Doesn't matter if trailer is equipped with brake or not - if Subaru isn't designed to tow as per manufacturer specification, then it shouldn't be towing anything in the first place anyway even with modifications. It cannot handle the weight transfer in case there's any tiny mistake. To do so is criminal if people got hurt - IMO.

here's precisely why car shouldn't being towing anything bigger than small cargo trailer

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmtZVD-stWk[/ame]

when towing anything - it will jump or sway because of pothole, wind shear, irregular road groove, or cornering. When it does, a car does not have weight nor strength to correct it... it will just flip over or worse.

:tears: Being that I'm only 16, I currently don't own a supercar (nor any car for that matter). But hey, if you don't mind waiting 6-14 years (approximately), I'd be more than happy to take one out of my collection and up to "Cincy". :cool:

Haha, didn't know that. :P

But sure, if you have a supercar by the time you're my age, then I'll definitely wait that long.

Did you check out the Mini's on eBay?

I did, but I'm mildly cautious about buying a car online (especially far away from me, so I'm not able to go look at it ahead of time), and I found a car that's almost perfect from a private seller locally.

I do believe that Subaru can tow along with modifications but why??? why risk your life? and other people's lives?

It's ok to tow something small like jet ski, small fishing boat, kayak, sport trailer, or small cargo trailer - assuming that it's within 1,000lbs (more or less)... but anything more than that.... it's plain stupidity and reckless.

If you are not familiar with a trailer hitch installment, find a place to install a trailer hitch your vehicle, they will ask you what trailer do you plan to towing? Big boat or camper trailer then they will check your vehicle to see what size of the engine , GVWR and subframe/body structures to met towing capacity before they sell a trailer hitch. If too small vehicle, they will recommend or not recommend to install a trailer hitch.
If you buy a trailer hitch and install your own vehicle without know of towing capacity and tongue weight then you are in trouble.

Doesn't matter if trailer is equipped with brake or not - if Subaru isn't designed to tow as per manufacturer specification, then it shouldn't be towing anything in the first place anyway even with modifications. It cannot handle the weight transfer in case there's any tiny mistake. To do so is criminal if people got hurt - IMO.

here's precisely why car shouldn't being towing anything bigger than small cargo trailer

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmtZVD-stWk]YouTube - ‪Car losing control on the road Poland‬‏[/ame]

when towing anything - it will jump or sway because of pothole, wind shear, irregular road groove, or cornering. When it does, a car does not have weight nor strength to correct it... it will just flip over or worse.

That way, the uneducated motorists in eastern Europe. Not in USA.

Wirelessly posted (HTC Thunderbolt)

Are you people still going on about towing? Make a new "Will it tow?" Thread.

Wirelessly posted (HTC Thunderbolt)

Are you people still going on about towing? Make a new "Will it tow?" Thread.

No, I won't post more towing trailer anymore. I'm sorry you have not decide to have a Cooper. Take your time to looking another vehicle to suit your taste. No rush to buy a car last minute or you will be sorry. Good luck.

I did, but I'm mildly cautious about buying a car online (especially far away from me, so I'm not able to go look at it ahead of time), and I found a car that's almost perfect from a private seller locally.
I understand. We were very nervous when Hubby bought his completely outfitted work van on eBay. We live in SC, and the van was in MI. He did a lot of research, talked several times with the seller on the phone, before making the decision. It turned out fine. He's gotten many years of hard use out of the van. :)

No, I won't post more towing trailer anymore. I'm sorry you have not decide to have a Cooper. Take your time to looking another vehicle to suit your taste. No rush to buy a car last minute or you will be sorry. Good luck.

Huh? No, I'm pretty sure I have decided on a Mini Cooper, as long as I can get it all checked out and get the money stuff straightened out soon.

Money is dumb. :(

I understand. We were very nervous when Hubby bought his completely outfitted work van on eBay. We live in SC, and the van was in MI. He did a lot of research, talked several times with the seller on the phone, before making the decision. It turned out fine. He's gotten many years of hard use out of the van. :)

Well, I may end up looking at that route if the current Mini I'm looking at falls through, though I hope it doesn't.

that's right :lol:
also the fiesta is lighter than the Xterra.
jiro - if you never drove the car off road - then, feels bad man.

Ok, I'll take Jiros X for a whirl. Go up the mountains and we drive down. See who wins.

Jiro, you better allow me do some mods on the X so we can show this australian guy what the boss is.

Ok, I'll take Jiros X for a whirl. Go up the mountains and we drive down. See who wins.

Jiro, you better allow me do some mods on the X so we can show this australian guy what the boss is.
Your trying to dominate my little car. :O

Back