I know my friend from ASD..

TweetyBird

Premium Member
Reaction score
Alabama family grieves for man killed in crash

19-year-old died Sunday in I-95 accident in Volusia

By Erin Ailworth | Sentinel Staff Writer

Posted December 7, 2004

An Alabama man who died Sunday Dec. 5th afternoon in a single-car crash on Interstate 95 has been identified, authorities say.
Albert Ricardo Ross II, 19, of Montgomery, Ala., died at Halifax
Medical
Center, where he was airlifted after being ejected from the front
passenger seat of a sport utility vehicle that spun out of control and
rolled over, said Kim Miller, a spokeswoman for the Florida Highway
Patrol. Miller said Ross was not wearing a seat belt.
Officers arrested 21-year-old Courtney Walker of Alabama on charges of
obstructing justice after he lied about driving the 2004 Chevrolet,
Miller said. He has since been released under supervision.
Walker, Ross and several others were driving home to Alabama from an
adult deaf league basketball game in Daytona Beach, Miller said.
According to family members and school officials, all of the Chevy
passengers were hearing-impaired.
The group was traveling north in the left lane of I-95, a mile south of
Old Dixie Highway, when the speeding SUV approached a patch of slower
traffic, Miller said. Walker, who was driving, swerved to avoid another
car, and the SUV rolled 11/2 times before coming to rest on its roof in
the right shoulder.
On Monday, Ross' mother broke down sobbing after hearing details of the
crash during a telephone interview.
"My wife is taking it very, very, very bad, so I've got to be strong,"
said Ross' father, Albert Ricardo Ross.
The Alabama family had recently celebrated Thanksgiving at the
19-year-old's home.
"I remember coming in the door and giving him a hug and saying, 'What's
up with you?" said aunt Angenetta Walker Scott. "And we hugged and we
kissed each other."
Family and friends described the 19-year-old as a wonderful man with a
ready smile and a love of family and sports.
He was a "star basketball player" for the Silent Warriors at the
Alabama
Institute for Deaf and Blind, school spokeswoman Lynne Hanner said. On
Monday, the team was scheduled to play a game in his honor.

*sigh* I know him since, I saw him last time was Oct 9th, he went there with friends to watched volleyball tournament also he visited his gf who played for ASD volleyball.. so they still together til he died recently.. his gf been hard time, upset, love him so much!! i think they together pretty long.. I hope that his gf will be okay someday.. so i will see her this sat and give her HUGE hugs!

Dang! Sorry to hear about your friend... hope get well soon.

:hug: Tweetybird.

I am sorry about your lost of your friend and his girlfriend who is dealing hard times right now, loss reactions take time.. Following a trauma it is hard to face the future, But, It will get better for her later I hope. Just be there for each other and cry all you want with her. I can feel your both pains right now because, I lost a friend before too and It isn't a good feeling. :(

THANKS SO MUCH!! yea i been very sad abt lost a friend.. sigh.. funeral this friday but drive 3 hrs n i cant go there but i will see his gf at school IF she there.. so i will give her a card from me..

ALSO, i know 5 guys in SUV.. 2 guys got hurt, one guy got open on knee.. and other guy broke leg.. i think.. all of them got cutted, brusies...

Last edited:
Cheri said:
:hug: Tweetybird.

I am sorry about your lost of your friend and his girlfriend who is dealing hard times right now, loss reactions take time.. Following a trauma it is hard to face the future, But, It will get better for her later I hope. Just be there for each other and cry all you want with her. I can feel your both pains right now because, I lost a friend before too and It isn't a good feeling. :(
thanks so much!! yea thats right.. that what i am planning to give her HUGE HUGS!

Very sorry to hear the sad news about your friend. :(

I'm sorry too.... I lost a classmate once- to car accident too in Eagan, MN.
she was supposed to graduate with us in 2003. Here what happend, on Simley HS Prom night (before mom's day) 2002, the weather was raining and the road was slippery. She went to grand march earlier to take pictures (didnt go to prom), so she was going to a pool hall with friends (they followed her), somehow her car hit the tree and insantly killed. We don't know why the actual reason she was hit into tree, we all have theories:

-sucide (she havent been so unhappy according to some classmates)
-heart monitor went off, sets alarm off
-she may dropped something onto car floor, have to look for it and lost control of car
-may fall asleep while driving

At the graduation ceremony, there was empty chair in her honor. When I went to wake, I saw her in open casket, and I cried, and I wish that I knew her that well but oh well. She was in my 4th hour class. It was hard on her family, she only had one brother, and they were close. I also went to her funeral too. I still have newspaper article from Pioneer Press showing my friends crying. They had memorial page for her in yearbook as well. I am sad when typing this. That year, 2002 was worse for me because I lost so many friends within few months, varies from cancer to plane crash. 2002 was terrible year for me. I pray that I don't lost any friends or family anytime soon. I hate going to funerals. I had to go to several funerals in 2002, its no fun.

I'm really sorry to hear about your friend! :(

racheleggert said:
I'm sorry too.... I lost a classmate once- to car accident too in Eagan, MN.
she was supposed to graduate with us in 2003. Here what happend, on Simley HS Prom night (before mom's day) 2002, the weather was raining and the road was slippery. She went to grand march earlier to take pictures (didnt go to prom), so she was going to a pool hall with friends (they followed her), somehow her car hit the tree and insantly killed. We don't know why the actual reason she was hit into tree, we all have theories:

-sucide (she havent been so unhappy according to some classmates)
-heart monitor went off, sets alarm off
-she may dropped something onto car floor, have to look for it and lost control of car
-may fall asleep while driving

At the graduation ceremony, there was empty chair in her honor. When I went to wake, I saw her in open casket, and I cried, and I wish that I knew her that well but oh well. She was in my 4th hour class. It was hard on her family, she only had one brother, and they were close. I also went to her funeral too. I still have newspaper article from Pioneer Press showing my friends crying. They had memorial page for her in yearbook as well. I am sad when typing this. That year, 2002 was worse for me because I lost so many friends within few months, varies from cancer to plane crash. 2002 was terrible year for me. I pray that I don't lost any friends or family anytime soon. I hate going to funerals. I had to go to several funerals in 2002, its no fun.
wow.. i am very sowwy hear abt that.. sigh..

i was senior, one of my friend was senior too.. he was excited that he has daughter born on dec.. so everyone went home for xmas hoilday, my friend went with cousins out late night, he has very nice car, parking in lot.. he saw 3 guys stole his car and he ran to his car and he hold the driver door, but one guy was on driver seat and shoot him i think 1 to 3 times not sure.. that long time ago.. so he walked abt 4 ot 5 steps with bleed everywhere.. then he fell on sidewalk n died.. so called 911 on him.. he died.. but he only has 2 weeks old daughter then he died.. havent chance see his daughter grow up now.. she is 8 or 9 yrs old now.. wow.. she look alike strong her daddy...

anyway, found out who were guys.. his OWN COUSINS! they jealous of him cuz of he got money, nice car that why.. so his daughter visit daddy's grave every months...

Tweetbird.. Im sorry for your loss of your friend... as for his girlfriend I hope she will be ok.. I am very sure she will be because of families and friends supports :)

Wendy

i got email from my friend sent me the pic of him.. so yall can see clear of him.. i am sure that he is in heaven.. sigh..

Attachments

• UNTITL~111.JPG
    UNTITL~111.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 11
TweetyBird said:
i got email from my friend sent me the pic of him.. so yall can see clear of him.. i am sure that he is in heaven.. sigh..

That's really nice pic of him...yeah, I know him for a long time since I met him at Shocco Spring camps and ASD too. He's a great guy. I will pray for him and his family.

That made me really sad.....

BabyAngel said:
That's really nice pic of him...yeah, I know him for a long time since I met him at Shocco Spring camps and ASD too. He's a great guy. I will pray for him and his family.

That made me really sad.....
oh yea.. since u and i talked on pgr abt him.. yea it been hard on who he has good friends and family.. this weekend funeral.. i pray for friends and family!

Back