I have some questions about Gallaudet/any Deaf school

watch out for matajan

People with ASD are four times more likely to be bullied than the general populace.

Asperger syndrome and bullying: strategies and solutions
By Nick Dubin, Michael John Carley

^^ Maybe we'll run into each other at Gallaudet! I can't seem to find a brochure I can get in the mail. I'd have to go there and get one. Either way, I still want to visit the school. =)

Undergraduate Admissions

This is the undergraduate one, I'm assuming that's the one you need. If you need the graduate one, then it should be in the same place.

Go to the left of the page, down the columns, click "Request Info."

It'd be cool if we did run into each other! :) I'm planning on visiting there too, but the application is free, so I'm gonna apply and then visit probably.

can I get help

I am Ben and was wondering if I could get a hearing aid. Mine is too old and if you can help I will really appreciate. Thanks in advance.:wave:

can I get help

Dear sir/madam
RE:SUPPORT IN PAYING SCHOOL FEES.
I start off by introducing myself. My name is Ben Werangai and I am deaf. I am married to a wife who is also deaf and she is called Jackline Onyango. We are blessed with two hearing children and they are Lucas Werangai and Florence Werangai. I work as a teacher who teaches sign Language to deaf children. The salary I get is not not satisfying to all my family need. My wife plaints hair privately since we don't have money to open a salon.
My son Lucas is in form 2 at a school called Aquinas High School in Nairobi. My daughter is in grade 3. My son school fees is sh.40,000 per year.I have been paying little by little but it is not completely finished. I only want to be helped with half the money for 2 years that is upto form 4.But if you feel you can help me with more it will be more than just a blessing.
I do believe that a hand that gives is better than the hand that receives This email is for you to deceide whether you will help or not since I respect people and their decision. Thank you for sacrificing your time to read my email.:hmm::hmm:
Ben Werangai.

Dear sir/madam
RE:SUPPORT IN PAYING SCHOOL FEES.
I start off by introducing myself. My name is Ben Werangai and I am deaf. I am married to a wife who is also deaf and she is called Jackline Onyango. We are blessed with two hearing children and they are Lucas Werangai and Florence Werangai. I work as a teacher who teaches sign Language to deaf children. The salary I get is not not satisfying to all my family need. My wife plaints hair privately since we don't have money to open a salon.
My son Lucas is in form 2 at a school called Aquinas High School in Nairobi. My daughter is in grade 3. My son school fees is sh.40,000 per year.I have been paying little by little but it is not completely finished. I only want to be helped with half the money for 2 years that is upto form 4.But if you feel you can help me with more it will be more than just a blessing.
I do believe that a hand that gives is better than the hand that receives This email is for you to deceide whether you will help or not since I respect people and their decision. Thank you for sacrificing your time to read my email.:hmm::hmm:
Ben Werangai.
Wrong site - here's the door

openDoor.jpg

Undergraduate Admissions

This is the undergraduate one, I'm assuming that's the one you need. If you need the graduate one, then it should be in the same place.

Go to the left of the page, down the columns, click "Request Info."

It'd be cool if we did run into each other! :) I'm planning on visiting there too, but the application is free, so I'm gonna apply and then visit probably.

When I try, it says I cannot submit the form because I am hearing. I click OK cause it says it will send me to a hearing only form, but it just sends me in a circle, telling me again that I cannot request this form due to my hearing status.

Tell her to give me that scholarship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't remember if it's 2% or not, but if that's what you see on the site, then I suppose that's what they do.

However, if you are a leader, if you have a solid GPA, show your passion (maybe through extracurriculars if you have them or a short statement if they allow that) for interpreting, etc. I don't see why they wouldn't accept you.

It's a state funded college for the deaf . I can imagine them not accepting people who are hearing. hearing children can't get in School of the deaf if they wanted to. So I guess they want a good reason why you want to go to this school. I know there was a CODA who graduated from General college to become a teacher, but after she have several deaf children and married a deaf husband, She went back to college in Gally to become a teacher of the deaf.

the best way to get accepted is to meet the counselor yourself.

I definitely understand why Gally only accepts very little hearing people: because it is a school for the deaf, and they want more deaf people there than hearing. Duh lol. My only reason is to become important in the Deaf community and to interpret. I'm not a CODA and I barely know anyone who's deaf.

Thanks deafgal001!

I will definitely make a trip to Gally one day to see what it's like and what I can do to get in =D

I went to RIT. NTID is on the same campus and, as far as I know of, they still have an excellent interpreting program. (I was there 20 years ago so I'm not sure if things have changed a lot since.) I wasn't sure if that was your reason for wanting Gallaudet. Just food for thought :)

Back