I have a NEW DOG!!

whatdidyousay!

Reaction score
I got a new dog today!! He is a poodle mix but the shelter did not know what the other breed is. His name was Brad Pitt , I renamed him Marty after a cousin of mine I never meet. Marty is all white and weight 13 lbs! I had a big scarce tonight , I was taking Marty out to pee and Marty pulled his head of of his collar! I was sure he was going to run for it I said No OH! and Marty just stood still and I was able to pick him up!! What a good boy! I was warned not to let any dog from the shelter off their leash. The woman from the shelter did not made the collar tight enough!

Last edited:
I am very happy for you. Also glad that Marty is a good boy and knew not to run when his collar slipped.

How old is he?

I am very happy for you. Also glad that Marty is a good boy and knew not to run when his collar slipped.

How old is he?

He is 2 years . Thank you ! I could not believe he did not run off! I am going to buy a harness for him so this can't happen again! I do not feel safe using that collar!

How exciting!! Poodles are absolutely the best, in my extremely biased opinion. I've got two of 'em. Sounds like Marty is a mini poodle? (Even if mixed with something...) How tall is he? Can you post a picture?

Do you plan to do any obedience or agility classes or anything like that?

Poodles are SO smart. They need to be doing something to keep their little brains engaged. Or else they will think up stuff on their own... ;-)

Congratulations! I hope this is the beginning of a long and beautiful relationship. :)

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Congrats! Cute story! :))

My late Auntie loves poodles...best for her allergies...great dogs! I miss them to death..she died, and I dunno what happened to them...dunno if her widow hubby kept them or not.

Glad t6o finally hear it, whatdidyousay....you'll make a good "mamma"....

One of my neighbors has 2 poodles (male)...and whenever I take my Pomeranian out for a walk, she makes it a point to walk by their back patio...(flirting, no doubt!)...

Shameless hussy!

My Casey is deeply in llluuuurrrve with the cockapoo across the street. Pippin could care less, but Casey and Lily adore each other. Whenever I walk my two guys, Lily jumps up on the back of the couch in her living room, which is backed up against the front window. Then she whines and whines until her mama lets her out. My friend says Lily has a special whine that is only when she sees Casey, because she so desperately wants to go out and play with him.

For his part, he will turn and look longingly at their front door and make little "oooh, oooh, oooh" sounds, until we pass by. He is always hoping she's around.

Shameless hussy!

My Casey is deeply in llluuuurrrve with the cockapoo across the street. Pippin could care less, but Casey and Lily adore each other. Whenever I walk my two guys, Lily jumps up on the back of the couch in her living room, which is backed up against the front window. Then she whines and whines until her mama lets her out. My friend says Lily has a special whine that is only when she sees Casey, because she so desperately wants to go out and play with him.

For his part, he will turn and look longingly at their front door and make little "oooh, oooh, oooh" sounds, until we pass by. He is always hoping she's around.

That's really cute! :giggle:...I tell my little Pomeranian ("Anita")..."ur such a slut sometimes!"...she looks at me as to say..."so what!"

How exciting!! Poodles are absolutely the best, in my extremely biased opinion. I've got two of 'em. Sounds like Marty is a mini poodle? (Even if mixed with something...) How tall is he? Can you post a picture?

Do you plan to do any obedience or agility classes or anything like that?

Poodles are SO smart. They need to be doing something to keep their little brains engaged. Or else they will think up stuff on their own... ;-)

Marty is a toy poodle , I will trying Marty to be my new hearing dog. I am going to let him get settled in before I train him. The poor little guy been through a lot! He from California and he will need time to adjust to everything. My daughter took some photos of Marty , I will try to post them when my daughter send them to me. I took Marty to the vet and he think Marty is a pure poodle. He had his fur cut short, I am hoping when it get a little longer I will be able to tell what breed he mix with.

Glad t6o finally hear it, whatdidyousay....you'll make a good "mamma"....

One of my neighbors has 2 poodles (male)...and whenever I take my Pomeranian out for a walk, she makes it a point to walk by their back patio...(flirting, no doubt!)...

Finlay had a huge crush on my daughter! I think Finlay thought my daughter was part poodle as she has long curly hair!

Thanks guys! Marty is a smart dog, I told him to go to bed last night and he jumped right my bed! LOL!! I guess it is our bed now! He like to sleep under the blanet, I think he feel safer that way or maybe warner?

Back