I got..... opinions

OldNavyGirl

Premium Member
Reaction score
I got pulled over by a cop this morning :mad2:

i ll tell u what happens.

I was driving on a street before turning left on another street to do my paper routes... i saw a car speed, so i knew it was the cop, i ignored the cop and stay on my speed limit. that darn cop kept on following me right behind me. for like 3 minutes - and that cop didn't turn on the siren right away if he thought i was speeding. anyway, i was abt to turn left, then finally that stupid cop turned on the siren. i'm like wtf?

I kept cool and let the cop come and check on me, whatever. I told him I'm deaf. he asked for driver license, so i was getting it, but uh oh, i didn't have it with me, it was in my other jeans :-X I told the cop that i left it at home in my other jean, i thought i had it with me. blah.

the cop tried to say something, i couldn't understand him all i could understand is what's ur name? but after that, i got lost what he said. so i requested him to write, and he spoke again. that started to make me piss off a bit, and told him to write pls, he still speaking. for the last time, i asked kindly, please write...it still won't work. so I yelled, gave attitude and said PLEASEEEEEEEEEE WRITE! he gulped, and wrote! grrr!

he wrote " ur name" ur birthplace, and insurance? so i gave him my insurance and told him i born here and told him my name. he said thanks, and said brb and it was only 1 min brb? wtf? thats so fast?

the cop wrote and said please slow down, u were going over 12 mph??!! and I'm giving u a warning. have a good day! I rolled my eyes and left.

so why didn't the cop turn on the siren right away? why didn't the cop write if i already requested? why is the cop so fast after 1 min brb to his car? it's like he never wrote down or speak to someone on wtf ( microphone to talk to someone), i forgot the name!

what do u think guys?

WTF?? sound strange.. lucky you its real cop not fake cop..
what is the speed limit that time you drove thru the zone?
maybe there is a car like yours are on run and they are looking for it..
who knows.. its been crazy around here, too!

nope, i'm the only one, and i was going on 40 mph speed limit is 40 too. i was abt to turn left on another road. I ll post the opinions after i get to hear yours.

thats why i said.. wtf...
because you said.. "the cop wrote and said please slow down, u were going over 12 mph??!! and I'm giving u a warning. have a good day! I rolled my eyes and left. "

12mph? but speed limit 40..
Umm..

I was never stopped by the cops on my paper route. I find that quite strange that the cops harrass you. I have been approached by the cops when I am dropping papers off at one store, but once they see me holding newspapers and smiling at them, they just drive away. I really think that is very strange.

Originally posted by OldNavyGirl
I got pulled over by a cop this morning :mad2:

i ll tell u what happens.

I was driving on a street before turning left on another street to do my paper routes... i saw a car speed, so i knew it was the cop, i ignored the cop and stay on my speed limit. that darn cop kept on following me right behind me. for like 3 minutes - and that cop didn't turn on the siren right away if he thought i was speeding. anyway, i was abt to turn left, then finally that stupid cop turned on the siren. i'm like wtf?

I kept cool and let the cop come and check on me, whatever. I told him I'm deaf. he asked for driver license, so i was getting it, but uh oh, i didn't have it with me, it was in my other jeans :-X I told the cop that i left it at home in my other jean, i thought i had it with me. blah.

the cop tried to say something, i couldn't understand him all i could understand is what's ur name? but after that, i got lost what he said. so i requested him to write, and he spoke again. that started to make me piss off a bit, and told him to write pls, he still speaking. for the last time, i asked kindly, please write...it still won't work. so I yelled, gave attitude and said PLEASEEEEEEEEEE WRITE! he gulped, and wrote! grrr!

he wrote " ur name" ur birthplace, and insurance? so i gave him my insurance and told him i born here and told him my name. he said thanks, and said brb and it was only 1 min brb? wtf? thats so fast?

the cop wrote and said please slow down, u were going over 12 mph??!! and I'm giving u a warning. have a good day! I rolled my eyes and left.

so why didn't the cop turn on the siren right away? why didn't the cop write if i already requested? why is the cop so fast after 1 min brb to his car? it's like he never wrote down or speak to someone on wtf ( microphone to talk to someone), i forgot the name!

what do u think guys?

He was putting your name and dob in his computer, to look up dot's database to see if you actually had driver license. Youre lucky, cuz if youre from out of the town you would sit on your ass in police department waiting for a fax.

It seem that police did follow his job's procedure. All I can tell you that you were lucky. Be happy that he let you go with verbal warning.

-edit
Better get your speedometer checked, it could be inaccurate.

Last edited:
I've had dirty cops like that before. I used to work for a video rental store before. One night, I was working as manager and had an employee who was working the closing shift with me. When I closed, we both left and went to the car. It was around 12:30 am. When I drove out of the parking lot, I was blocked by a cop who was just sitting there in the middle of the driveway that leads to the exit of the parking lot. I waited for a moment and there were no cars anywhere that would give this cop a reason to sit there so I turned off and on my head lights once. The cop then moved. I drove down the mini-ramp and left the parking lot. As soon as I turned left on the street, the cop turned on his lights/sirens and pulled me over. I pulled over in the parking lot across the street. He came to the window and made me get out of the car. When I got out, he then made me put my wallet and drivers license on the trunk of the car. He started asking me questions about what I was doing at the store. I looked at him, looked at my name tag (which had my name and store name on it), looked at my shirt (which was also an official shirt for the store as well), then looked at him and said that I worked there. He then asked me what the other guy was doing there. I told him that he worked for me. He went to my employee and asked him the same question. He did the same gesture by looking at his shirt and name tag then told him that he worked there too. The cop took my license and got in his car. I waited for about five minutes then the cop got out of the car. He gave me his license, walked away, got in his car, and drove off... without saying anything to me. Jeez! What an asshole!

he don't know my birthdate?! how can he get it? if he only had my name and my birthplace? thats all he wanted? and my speedometer is just fine.

I think the cop was checking on me to see what i was doing and made an excuse that i was speeding. another reason is that darn cop dont have proof that i was speeding and gave me a warning. that's my opinion.. stupid cop :-X

sound like either way the cops' radar is broken or ur mph could be broken and need to be fix either way ... It happen to me third time ... once their radar was broken and twice is my mph is screw up ... so had to fix it ..

Originally posted by VamPyroX
I've had dirty cops like that before. I used to work for a video rental store before. One night, I was working as manager and had an employee who was working the closing shift with me. When I closed, we both left and went to the car. It was around 12:30 am. When I drove out of the parking lot, I was blocked by a cop who was just sitting there in the middle of the driveway that leads to the exit of the parking lot. I waited for a moment and there were no cars anywhere that would give this cop a reason to sit there so I turned off and on my head lights once. The cop then moved. I drove down the mini-ramp and left the parking lot. As soon as I turned left on the street, the cop turned on his lights/sirens and pulled me over. I pulled over in the parking lot across the street. He came to the window and made me get out of the car. When I got out, he then made me put my wallet and drivers license on the trunk of the car. He started asking me questions about what I was doing at the store. I looked at him, looked at my name tag (which had my name and store name on it), looked at my shirt (which was also an official shirt for the store as well), then looked at him and said that I worked there. He then asked me what the other guy was doing there. I told him that he worked for me. He went to my employee and asked him the same question. He did the same gesture by looking at his shirt and name tag then told him that he worked there too. The cop took my license and got in his car. I waited for about five minutes then the cop got out of the car. He gave me his license, walked away, got in his car, and drove off... without saying anything to me. Jeez! What an asshole!

:wtf: is wrong with that cop!!!!! All cops are full of bastards...you hear me??????? if cop did that to me I would :slap: on his head.. I don't care.. Put me in thejail.. pls i won't do it haha..

Hrm...

It seems standard.

I got pulled over over 10 times. They all always would stay behind me for awhile then finally turn on the blue lights.

What they are really doing is radioing it in that way if they turn on the blue lights then run up close to you. If you sped off..they would not have a chance to read off your license.

Many cops have not been trained to handle hearing impaired people. Since I speak pretty good...they always ask me if I have been drinking. I guess it's because I got a slurry voice. :p

About him pulling you over and claiming that you were 12 mph over the speed limit....he's probably checking you over with that excuse...checking if you have any outstanding warrants or if this vehicle you were in was stolen. He's just doing his job. The only thing that bothers me is how he had difficult time understanding you to write down what he is saying.

I just usually point at the paper and pen on one of his chest pocket. I learned my lesson when I reached out to get a paper pad once..and he grabbed my wrist and tried to twist me but I broke free then tried to explain, "Write" and point at his chest. :p

It's just warning....glad you got over it. At least you didn't get slammed on the pavement like I did when they thought I was one of the guys from Oklahoma who kidnapped 3 girls. :/

that cop must be a fake cop :o

of course, they are all ignorant pathetic pigs who are obessive with the statement, "I AM THE LAW!"...

Originally posted by VamPyroX
geez that cop must be a retard! :eek:

eek poor you silencegold, interesting experience.. yea i can speak pretty well too but read lips, not always if he talks too fast and plus it was dark outside. ugh! oh well that's part of life

there are some cops that are dirty yes -- but there are more and more officers out there who are becoming aware of ppl with disabilities and YES that includes the deafies and how to deal with each minority in a routine traffic stop or criminal cases --

just need to cooperate with the officer and tell them that u are unable to hear them and if its night time and they are using their flashlight shining into ur face its ofc obviously difficult to lipread them *rme* ive had that situation happen to me sheesh

As a police dispatcher, I can look up anyone's license by name and DOB from any state in the country (Called DQ on NCIC). I don't need to wait for a fax. Never heard of it. Some states allow you to do a search by Name only, but I am not sure what states allow that (Called DNQ on NCIC). I know RI doesn't.

Why did the cop stop her?? I don't know. She could have gone through a school zone without knowing it. I could only guess why. I am not blaming ONG. There are many asshole cops out there. I know, I work with a few.

Back