I found it!! Gas Station shooting:

Yeah and also during the holiday seasons too.

There's no excuse for people to kill someone in cold blood. He was 29 years old and he had his life cut short, for what? for telling the guy to put his hood down? It's the most ridiculous reason to kill someone over that. I hope that guy is caught, and be place on an electric chair.

that was plain stupid to get killed for that
i see the online news and saw his pictures and reading the comments from people telling how wonderful he is, oh man Cheri, so young and sweet. still can't image that hugs you again.

wow he was so young! i am sowwy for his family lost him :(

All I've saw was a guy lying face down on the floor, I did not realized it was Mike, I could not see his face, only his black coat that he was wearing. I asked what happened? I was told to leave the store. It sucks being deaf because you don't know what's going on around you, nobody telling you anything. Now that I know, I wish I stayed there, but I left because I was scared, I guess that makes me a coward. :(

Cheri, I am glad you are safe and sound. I can imagine how shaken you must have been to witness the aftermath of this crime scene. That's scary indeed.

All I've saw was a guy lying face down on the floor, I did not realized it was Mike, I could not see his face, only his black coat that he was wearing. I asked what happened? I was told to leave the store. It sucks being deaf because you don't know what's going on around you, nobody telling you anything. Now that I know, I wish I stayed there, but I left because I was scared, I guess that makes me a coward. :(
No, you weren't a coward. Unless they needed your help for first aid, you would just be in the way. They probably told hearing people to leave also.

No, you weren't a coward. Unless they needed your help for first aid, you would just be in the way. They probably told hearing people to leave also.

Yeah, probably did because when I walked in, there was only two people in that store, the person that worked there, and "Mike" the person that was lying face down on the floor. I supposed the worker didn't want anyone touching anything because of evidences that the police would need to collect? :dunno:

Oh my goodness but why would anybody want to go
out that time of night? Not me! Just too darn scary
to go out late at night especially if you are alone! :eek3:
I'm with you. I don't go to convenience stores after dark.

I'm with you. I don't go to convenience stores after dark.

neither do i.

i won't even go out at 4:00 pm when it's pitch black outside (unless i'm with family or friends).

even though i live in a nice neighborhood, i just don't feel safe traveling after dark.

Whoa... reminds me of a drive-by shooting that happened across the street from the video rental store I worked at... while I was working. :eek:

I guess as soon as you noticed what was happening you assumed a prone position on the floor behind the desk?

In 1999 I used to have a 2nd shift job in another town and it was a 2-hour commute each way to and from work. (Not my fault that I had to work at that location and that it was so far away, just that the job placement center made me take that specific job, even though I protested that it was too far away, that I would be getting off of work so late and that it would be too dangerous to get off of work that late because I lived in the worst ghetto in Milwaukee. I hated that job anyway, and I should have just told the job placement lady to fuck off). Anyway, I got off work at 11:00 pm. The city bus didn't come until about 11:30 pm. I had to take three different buses in order to get home, and I got off on North 27th Street and Wisconsin Avenue, about 2 blocks from my house. I got off the bus at 2:30 am in the morning, and I saw a couple of chalk outlines (you know, where the police and evidence people draw chalk around dead people after crimes are done) and ambulances and a bunch of cop cars with their lights flashing and stuff like that. I was like "holy shit" and ran two blocks to my house and quickly got into my house and locked the doors. Yikes. Apparently there had just been a drive-by shooting on that street, which is extremely common on North 27th Street. It's the worst ghetto in the whole city, and there are two rival gangs...Latin Kings and I forgot the other one, in that area. North 27th Street isn't Latin Kings' turf, but they are just right down the 1-mile bridge to South 27th Street which becomes Layton Ave. I only lived there, on North 26th, cause the house was only $360 a month and included everything and had free laundry, and it was just...better than being in various horrible foster homes anyway. I didn't live there too long though cause a few months after I moved to that house, my now-ex moved in, and she was so fucking abusive. I left her and went to live with a friend in a town about an hour north. I am so fucking glad I no longer live in that area anymore. I don't even live in Milwaukee anymore.

In 1999 I used to have a 2nd shift job in another town and it was a 2-hour commute each way to and from work. (Not my fault that I had to work at that location and that it was so far away, just that the job placement center made me take that specific job, even though I protested that it was too far away, that I would be getting off of work so late and that it would be too dangerous to get off of work that late because I lived in the worst ghetto in Milwaukee. I hated that job anyway, and I should have just told the job placement lady to fuck off). Anyway, I got off work at 11:00 pm. The city bus didn't come until about 11:30 pm. I had to take three different buses in order to get home, and I got off on North 27th Street and Wisconsin Avenue, about 2 blocks from my house. I got off the bus at 2:30 am in the morning, and I saw a couple of chalk outlines (you know, where the police and evidence people draw chalk around dead people after crimes are done) and ambulances and a bunch of cop cars with their lights flashing and stuff like that. I was like "holy shit" and ran two blocks to my house and quickly got into my house and locked the doors. Yikes. Apparently there had just been a drive-by shooting on that street, which is extremely common on North 27th Street. It's the worst ghetto in the whole city, and there are two rival gangs...Latin Kings and I forgot the other one, in that area. North 27th Street isn't Latin Kings' turf, but they are just right down the 1-mile bridge to South 27th Street which becomes Layton Ave. I only lived there, on North 26th, cause the house was only $360 a month and included everything and had free laundry, and it was just...better than being in various horrible foster homes anyway. I didn't live there too long though cause a few months after I moved to that house, my now-ex moved in, and she was so fucking abusive. I left her and went to live with a friend in a town about an hour north. I am so fucking glad I no longer live in that area anymore. I don't even live in Milwaukee anymore.

Scary!

I drove by when an uncover cop pulled a gun at a car full of gang members 2 years ago and my son was with me. Sometimes, I still get frightened by the thought of any of the gang members shooting back and myself getting caught in the crossfire. I was living near the projects then. We got out when we bought our house. Heard that the public bus service refuse to make stops in that area due to a string of assaults on bus drivers lately. Thank god we got out!

Cheri...that poor guy's family..terrible!

Really creepy me crawl up my spine.. I'm glad you're alright btw unfortunately that guy who passed away killed by shooter. Hopefully the shooter person be caught asap and send the long sentence prison.

Your two boys are need you the most "Mother" be there.. I can understand how much you felt shaking up and unexpected the wrong timing..
I'm very happy you're OKAY.. as long you're here.
(hugs)

Cheri, I am soooo glad you are okay. I didn't see the thread in the Lounge post so I didn't know what was going on, but after seeing this thread I'm super-glad you are okay. Hugs!!!!!

Thanks guys! I went up there today and saw some bears, flowers and cards by the door of the gas station. I thought that was so nice of those people who have done that. ;)

absolutely not. nobody is a coward to leave the dangerous scene. continuing to stay there is dangerous and foolish. i will rush the fuck outta there as well..... even if I were packing a heat.

Thank God! I am sooo glad that you are okay and safe with your family as well. Thats so sad that you see this situation happening around you. We have bad crimes around our area. GRRR!! I know going to gas station could be scary.

Back