I am home from hospital.YAY!

MidnightSun

Reaction score
I just wanted to let all my friends, old, new and the ones I haven't met yet
that I am home from the hospital, no more seizures, so I think we found the right combination of meds. If you don't know I am recovering from a Traumatic Brain Injury. Happened almost year ago, and I have had several surgeries with that Gamma Lazar Knife. I can now walk without braces, speak LOUD laughing and sing...smile..still having problems with my left arm.
Here is the amazing part. I also fractured my skull, the brain injury was in my right frontal lobe. but everytime they had to go in and stop a bleed they also stopped blood flow thru that area...when I looked at my MRI I could not believe what I saw. I have a large empty spot where the brain tissue that was deprived of blood flow just basically collapsed. Laughing, looks like i only have 3/4 of a brain...hey wait..i DO only have 3/4 of a brain... smile..I am laughing as much as I can and THANK all of you who thought and prayed for me. Smiling..I gotta warn ya I do have memory loss..so some days I can't remember my name. But I will never forget the acceptance and kindness that was extended to me when I returned after 3 years.I guess my Creator still has things for me to do...Many Blessings to you all, and much Peace ♥♥♥

My husband's mother only has half a brain due to removal of a brain tumor. Within ten years, she has relearned everything and functions very well.

I hope your recovery goes along the pattern that she followed. :)

Glad you are back in familiar places. Maybe that part of brain you lost was the negative part, since you seem positive all the time. Get lots of rest and ease your way back into the world.

I'm glad your back. As for your brain, what parts that are missing other parts will quickly begin to compensate for the loss, it just takes some getting used to. Remember one step at a time, one day at a time, you can only reach your goal by putting one foot in front of the other. :wave:

Im Home

I'm glad your back. As for your brain, what parts that are missing other parts will quickly begin to compensate for the loss, it just takes some getting used to. Remember one step at a time, one day at a time, you can only reach your goal by putting one foot in front of the other. :wave:

Many thanks to Botts, Dixie and SayWhatKid...smile, you all are some of my favorite reads..laughing..I will try, but taking it slow is hard for me..I hope you all are right, Dixie I can taste things more, big smile and perhaps if I stay positive SWK..lol I will regenerate some of the brain tissue lost, I think, Botts has it right...Can't wait to catch up with everything going on!
I feel so Blessed sitting up, lol, simple things that I took for granted. Lessons learned for sure...Hope to talk to everyone soon..Peace always:wave:

:wave::D MidnightSun! Am glad you are home!!

there's so much we don't know about the brain, including an amazing capacity for healing at times...hang in there!
hugs!

Glad you are home, MidnightSun. Be sure to take advantage of your nurses and make them peel you grapes. :)

Glad you are home and doing well. Take things one day at a time and get better and stronger. You should be able to re-learn most of what you might have lost. I will keep praying.

I'm glad you recovered so quickly, you have a great look on life so keep that positive attitude and you will reach exactly where you want to go in due time. You are always in my prayers :)

That's great news that you're home now! :)

I don't know what to say what everybody on this threads had wonderful comments that I want to express with you. I am very happy that you are home from the hospital and with your positive attitude, just don't overdo your happy energy. Take it easy and I do hope you are going to recover fully like Botti said about her mother's determination to get recover and remember everything. We all miss you even if you came on board every now and then from the hospital. So have a speedy recovery. I hope to see you around more. :) :thumb:

Welcome back! It is wonderful news that you're home again as there is no place like home!

Great! You are lucky that you feel better now. It is nice for you to go back home to see your own things around you. My prayer is answered that you are safe now! Thanks God.

I am overwelmed with all of you and your kind wishes. I am so filled with the love and prayers sent to me I am crying with happiness and thankfulness.

Each of you are loving spirits and with the hand of my Creator, I know I will stay positive and achieve as much as I can..Peace to you all. Thank you smile

I am so glad you are home. Please just take it easy. We are all still here and praying for you. Take care and don't over do! Hugs! :)

I am glad of you appreciate to hear you reading your friends supportive :)

So glad you are back at home, have missed your positive messages. Take good care!

Back