I am against cochlear implant because it is cheat!

:cheers: Woohoo!!! High 5 everyone :D I just love to cheat

Definition of CHEAT
transitive verb
: to deprive of something valuable by the use of deceit or fraud
: to influence or lead by deceit, trick, or artifice
: to elude or thwart by or as if by outwitting <cheat death>

In the true definition, HA and CI do cheat by thwarting the bodies' natural deafness.

:) I guess by that logic, I'm cheating by wearing clothes, aren't I? Eluding my natural nakedness. Or by learning to read, I'm thwarting my natural illiteracy. By learning a sign language, I'm eluding the lack of that language I'd have otherwise.

Then I guess there was no need for matajan to ask the question. Because based on that quote, virtually everybody Is cheating in one form or another whether its with HAs or CIs, or eyeglasses to cheat poor eyesight, wheelchairs, prosthetic devices, crutches, oxygen tents, you name it. If we're thwarting by using assistive devices then most of us are guilty. Frankly I find it odd that hearing people would suggest that to a deaf person.

I do not have any tattoos, piercings, wear any medical devices, no glasses, no hearing aids.. no special shoes, no special clothing (other than my Avery apparel)...

I am the pure.........

:) I guess by that logic, I'm cheating by wearing clothes, aren't I? Eluding my natural nakedness. Or by learning to read, I'm thwarting my natural illiteracy. By learning a sign language, I'm eluding the lack of that language I'd have otherwise.

And if you wear eyeglasses while reading, you are wearing an item that used to have the slang name, "cheaters."

And if you wear eyeglasses while reading, you are wearing an item that used to have the slang name, "cheaters."

:cool2: true, I'd forgotten that! Drugstore reading/magnifying glasses are still called "cheater glasses."

Whoever told you that having a CI is cheating is an idiot!

Nobody gets through life without some form of assistance whether seen or not seen. For example, you can't tell if a person is mathematically challenged by looking at them. So, they use a calculator and thus "cheat" by this definition.

lots of hearing friends told me that it is cheat if wore cochlear implant.

Before I give a comment. I'm curious about the reason of those hearing people considering CI as cheating. I do really want to ask, why do you think that CI is a cheat?
1. .......
2. .......
3. .......

I am going to have to echo what Drphil just stated! HA and CI are sooo different.HA just amplifies sound which can distort things into pure garble for those of us with deep losses. On the other hand CI " simulates" sounds using electrical stimulation in the cochlea which in my experience is " close as it can get" to normal hearing. The CI is not a toy. With a price tag of over $50,000 USD with the surgery and implant it can hardly be called a toy! It is a medical device used by reciepents to communicate with the world around them Typically those late deafend.

Wow, Nucleus 5, and have just implanted! how's your hearing progress right now?

I do not have any tattoos, piercings, wear any medical devices, no glasses, no hearing aids.. no special shoes, no special clothing (other than my Avery apparel)...

I am the pure.........
Give it a few years. :lol:

Back