How old were you when you had your first date?

I wonder what the first kiss is like?

Did any of you liked your first kiss?

Was it romantic or just "no big deal" thing for you?

How do you overcome your shyness if it is part of who you are? How do you get male to stop being afraid of your deafness and become willing to learn sign language? (I guess it's because where I am right now, I am not in deaf community so...)

I think generally sign language is not a popular language for hearing male to learn.

I will have to agree with u cuz I see so many of my deaf girlfriends married to hearing guys who havent learned sign language despite saying that they will. That is why I am so grateful for my hearing husband learning it.

I think generally sign language is not a popular language for hearing male to learn.

My first date was to the prom at 17. :)

Yeah, you're right about that statement. I think it's pure laziness and more convenient for them to blame the wife when martial problems arose due to miscommunication etc.

If I had a boyfriend or a husband, he'd have to learn sign language or he can hit the highway.

:fingersx:
oh boy, I'm talking to my guy friend right NOW about his girl troubles, hahaha... looks like I've been stuck in the Friend Zone for a while...

haha ya for sure i've been there it sucks, if you do like one of those guys that thinks he's like a "brother" it is possible to get outta that..u just kinda have to let them know how u feel...I found that alot of the guys our age (im 18 as well) were not as mature and on the same level as I was...my ex was really nice and all but we fought over dumb stuff and crap that i wasnt interesting in fighting about dumb stuff..so i moved on..and then i met daniele my bf of 10 months now..i love him so much! and its great cuz hes 21 and has his priorities in line! He's in university and going into dentistry in 2 years..he's more mature (most of the time:ty:) so it's good cuz we don't argue as much and we can relate to things that arent so kiddish sometimes..u know..and the greates thing about him is that he doesnt care about my hearing (or lack of) status lol He was with me when i got my ha's for the first time and im greatful that he started that with me:)
Don't worry you'll find someone great! :cool:

I'm surprised at myself for saying this, but I think I agree with that. In all the ASL classes I've been in, there was only 1 hearing male ever, and he already knew ASL because his younger brother is deaf. The other males were 1 deaf, 2 HoH, and there were at least 10 hearing females (3 that already knew ASL). ... by the way, yeah... there were 3 classes and they were all TINY. You had to know someone who was deaf/HoH very well, or be deaf/HoH yourself, in order to get in. One of the hearing girls was my sister. I think this is INCREDIBLY pathetic and that they should let the class be available to all hearing students... and now I'm venturing waaaaaaay off-topic...

Never. And I will never date anyone. If someone gives me a phone number or whatever, I'll toss it away. Cause I don't think I want a relationship.
I don't trust men.

I'm surprised at myself for saying this, but I think I agree with that. In all the ASL classes I've been in, there was only 1 hearing male ever, and he already knew ASL because his younger brother is deaf. The other males were 1 deaf, 2 HoH, and there were at least 10 hearing females (3 that already knew ASL). ... by the way, yeah... there were 3 classes and they were all TINY. You had to know someone who was deaf/HoH very well, or be deaf/HoH yourself, in order to get in. One of the hearing girls was my sister. I think this is INCREDIBLY pathetic and that they should let the class be available to all hearing students... and now I'm venturing waaaaaaay off-topic...

I assure you that, they should let lot of hearing people learn ASL - back in Australia, in my area, there is a class where anyone who is interested in sign language or whatever is allowed.. I volunteer myself to help them learn, it is a excellent class. For your area kimpossible, there should have let anyone learn, like your sister, consider it lucky because of you. Really pathetic of the school structure and how it just works. :eek3:

I don’t think so. But on a related note, if you use your left hand too, is that considered “cheating” on the right hand? :dunno:
Nope... It's considered mandatory because it takes two hands to handle the whopper.

Never. And I will never date anyone.
Truer words have never been spoken.
If someone gives me a phone number or whatever, I'll toss it away.
As if that’s ever happened or ever will happen. :roll:
Cause I don't think I want a relationship.
Your wish is granted, trust me.
I don't trust men.
That’s because psychologically inferior men are the only ones you’d ever even be remotely capable of attracting.

Miss-Delectable;853593If I had a boyfriend or a husband said:
Agree.

I think more women know ASL than men. But when I meet a man the first thing is that he wants to know some signs. Some "naughty" signs, but also basics (funniest question: "How do you wave "hello" in ASL?" :P)). I think most men like most women don't want rejection and are friendly, but that is my experience.

Deafilmedia: I hope one day if you decide you want a relationship you find a man to trust. Not all men are bad and hurtful. If you are happy alone - great, but maybe save some phone numbers for a different day! :)

Truer words have never been spoken.

As if that’s ever happened or ever will happen. :roll:

Your wish is granted, trust me.

That’s because psychologically inferior men are the only ones you’d ever even be remotely capable of attracting.

Well I was saying that after I watch Oprah... about men having sex change and became women. And they still married to their wives.

Eek.

Deafilmedia: I hope one day if you decide you want a relationship you find a man to trust. Not all men are bad and hurtful. If you are happy alone - great, but maybe save some phone numbers for a different day! :)

okay.

I assure you that, they should let lot of hearing people learn ASL - back in Australia, in my area, there is a class where anyone who is interested in sign language or whatever is allowed.. I volunteer myself to help them learn, it is a excellent class. For your area kimpossible, there should have let anyone learn, like your sister, consider it lucky because of you. Really pathetic of the school structure and how it just works. :eek3:

the ASL class at my high school wasn't really a regular class and it only existed for 3 years in the 26 years my high school had existed for. Also my school was one of two schools in the entire PROVINCE that offered ASL as a class and they didn't want to have a huge number of students since it was a temporary thing, really. I wish it was a permanent class though, that any hearing people could involve themselves in... I'm disappointed it's not a regular high school class

the ASL class at my high school wasn't really a regular class and it only existed for 3 years in the 26 years my high school had existed for. Also my school was one of two schools in the entire PROVINCE that offered ASL as a class and they didn't want to have a huge number of students since it was a temporary thing, really. I wish it was a permanent class though, that any hearing people could involve themselves in... I'm disappointed it's not a regular high school class

Wow, that's interesting. At my uni (well, we call it TAFE down here) but at uni, there is a permanment class teaching for anyone. But High school, I believe they don't have enough funds to make it permanment, isn't your high school public or private? I wonder...but apart with these sources, how disappointing, I might agree.

Are you serious? Your picture shows a very attractive and vibrant young woman!

Maybe it is your approach that makes guys think you are not interested in them? Guys do fear rejection and need some reassurance before asking a girl out. Maybe smile more often and let your arms down - these people with folded arms tend to show "Stay away from me".

Are you in high school or college? Ask your friends around for their mutual friends and take a risk going on a group date or even a blind date?

I recieved my first kiss and yes french kiss when I was 8 with a son of my mom's friend. We made out furiously in a closet. :giggle: But I didnt get a date until I was 14 - since then Ive been in many different relationships. I learnt that you have to make a guy feel comfortable with you so that they wont fear rejection if they ask you out. Remember guys do have feelings :) See them as human beings, not males. Be friendly but not desperate.

Good luck :)

I agree with you.. her avatar shows she is pretty... i guess she is too sheltered... overprotected... someday she will have boyfriend...

my first kiss.. just a peck.. at age of 9 yrs old...
when i was 13... i started necking.. not french ones... until i was 14,,,

first real date was at age of 15 yrs old.. My father was very strict... grrr...

Honestly I do not remember way back then but I do remember I went out with a boy when I was 14 to the fair. Not sure if it was first date. But I went out on dates after that. Tell u truth many of them only want one thing from me, SEX.

Oh u mean kissing? I admit when I was at the YMCA camp with bunches of deaf and hoh kids, we played game, I think it called dare u something like that bottle spin I think it was what it called. Anyway someone dared me to kiss a boy so I did kiss that boy. Oh gross I remembered that was how I felt when I first kissed him at age 13. Too young to french kiss. yuck. But with my first boyfriend at 17 I loved french kiss with him now he is my husbnad.

Back