How much will you spend on holiday gifts this year?

How much will you spend on holiday gifts this year?

• Less than $100

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • $100 to $249.99

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • $250 to $499.99

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • $500 to $999.99

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • $1,000 to $1,999.99

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than $2,000

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kalista

Premium Member
Reaction score
I am trying to do poll on this range prices. It apparently does not work.

• Less than $100

• $100 - $ 250

• $250 - $500

• $500- $1,000

• $1,000 - $2,000

• More than $2,000

• This year, I will spend more than $500.00. It is depend on what I will buy the craft supplies to make garlands and wreaths for the family. Kids in my relatives did rather gift certification, they can buy what they want. I do not want to go through wait in long line to exchange the gifts at the stores after Christmas. Yucky!

So far I've spend $500.00 on my two boys, I'm not even done with Christmas shopping for them yet, but also I gonna get my parents something too, maybe if I have enough, I'll spend the rest on some of my close friends. It's all up in the air for right now. ;)

I just started a few so far, I spent about 100 bucks so far. and I'm not even done yet.

I will spend less than 100 dollars this year. We just moved to a new home and had to buy a lot of furniture and things for the house so we are not spending money for Christmas this year.

I have no idea how much will spend I am sure it will be a lot of money. I have two neices who want everything in the world just about :lol: I went looking at skateboards they are pricy $180 for a fancy pro like skateboard. She don't need pro she's only 11 years old.

I will spend less than $100 this year but usually when it get closer to christmas, I prolly spend little bit more for the disvantage kids christmas tree at the shopping centre. :)

Probably 1k to less.. Depend how much I've expense the Christmas this year..
Just wait and final the bill total later.. (chuckles)

me already spend about 1k so guess need to more shopping :eek: LOL!!!

But Really... I was starting shopping last Sept to today;):):)

Is Christmas all about how much we spend on gifts?..

Is Christmas all about how much we spend on gifts?..

No, I believe it not to be. I love the Charlie Brown Christmas when Charlie Brown feels that Christmas has gone commercial cute classic cartoon its one of my favorites :)

I think Christmas should be about gathering families and being together, not about how much you spend on gifts, I think instead of spending all this money on gifts, people should donate to those who are in need etc.

I feel like a terrible mother because sometimes it is difficult for me to get my children what they want, this year money has been real tight because of all the problems we are going through right now. There are a lot of poor people who cannot afford to spend a lot of money on gifts for their children or families and I happen to be one of these people. :tears:

I think Christmas should be about gathering families and being together, not about how much you spend on gifts, I think instead of spending all this money on gifts, people should donate to those who are in need etc.

I feel like a terrible mother because sometimes it is difficult for me to get my children what they want, this year money has been real tight because of all the problems we are going through right now. There are a lot of poor people who cannot afford to spend a lot of money on gifts for their children or families and I happen to be one of these people. :tears:
Don't feel so bad Angel. Kids don't need expensive gifts.

When I was a kid, after my parents divorced, we became poor. But my favorite Christmas gift that I remember was handmade by my Mom.

I was about 12 years old. I loved my Barbie but we couldn't afford many outfits for her.

Christmas morning, there was my Barbie under the tree, posing on her metal stand. She was wearing a simple but beautiful wedding gown and veil! My mom sewed it for me. In the other packages were other Barbie dresses, slacks, capes, and coats that she made. She found scraps of very nice fabric, lace, and even fake fur to use. She made an evening gown for Barbie, and used the rhinestones from an old necklace to decorate it.

My mom had a job, and did ironing at home for income. She waited until I went to bed each night to sew the clothing. Sewing Barbie clothing is more difficult than sewing human clothing. All the buttons, seams, etc., are so, so tiny.

Those Barbie outfits are the most precious gift to me because I know a lot of love, time, and effort went into them. I still have them.

Even as my mom was older and retired, she did a lot of her Christmas shopping at yard sales. I never knew what to expect in the packages that she mailed to us. (One Christmas day we had to take our gift from her to the weapons disposal unit to be blown up, but that's another story.) I loved her goofy gifts! It wasn't the value of the gift; it was the great stories we got with the gifts, ha, ha.

Awwww, Reba now lookit what you've done.....made a 64 yr old man choke up!

That's OK. I was tearing up while I was typing my post. :aw:

Aww :tears: :hug:

I wish there's more people like you Reba, and your mom sounds so cute, even more cuter when she made those barbie clothing for you. Your story made me smile. Thanks hon.

Aww :hug:

I wish there's more people like you Reba, and your mom sounds so cute, even more cuter when she made those barbie clothing for you. Your story made me smile. Thanks hon.
Yes, my mom was cute, and very thoughtful about other people. I really miss her, especially at Christmas time. :cry: Sometimes when I'm shopping I see something interesting, and I think, wow, my mom would love that.

I'm sure that when your boys are grown they will have the same kind of memories about you. They will remember the good times together more than what presents they got each year. :)

Yes, my mom was cute, and very thoughtful about other people. I really miss her, especially at Christmas time. :cry: Sometimes when I'm shopping I see something interesting, and I think, wow, my mom would love that.

I'm sure that when your boys are grown they will have the same kind of memories about you. They will remember the good times together more than what presents they got each year. :)

Aww Reba, :cry: I think your mom would love that too, oh boy, now my children are going to wonder why I'm sitting at the computer in tears. ha ha

Thanks!

aww i hope that my family relied christmas is not about presents and etc...
only have family together and have some memories of past christmases how much we have together

that is very sweet story Reba it make me have tears in my eyes

Back