How many us 100% deaf?

Are you 100% deaf?

• Total voters
absolute zero percent hearing.

Partially deaf w/o ha's can hear some clapping hands, fridge door shut, banging on the wall from the outside while sleep, drawer making a noise, calling name real loud, screaming angrily, door slam, TV loud, music headphone, etc.

Nope.

I would say it's rare for a deaf person to be 100% deaf unaided and aided.

I believe that HorseWhisper is 100% deaf, but not sure.

Well, I guess I'm one of those "rare ones", huh?...Never thought of it that way, tho...so I think I'll change my status to "100% Deaf" and stop saying "totally/profound deaf"...it gets confusing to me.

Believe Kristina is in my boat also. No eardrums, due to damage/diseased. However, she became "100% deaf" in her 30'40's I believe, hence mine was at age 14.

To those that can hear somewhat with an HA or a CI...ur so Lucky!

Not me. Severe/profound. I hear quite a bit in low frequency..

Same here, I can low frequency and I can't stand the boom box kids drive in! I was at my daughter and had to have her turn off the music as it sounded horrible, all I could hear was a low bang ,bang,bang!!

Severe profound deaf but not 100% deaf.

Wirelessly posted (Backberry)

I am too deaf for HA anymore. Without my CI, I cannot hear a bookcase falling over. I cannot hear thunder. I cannot her a jet engine right next to me. I used to be able to hear all of that (and more) with my HA on. It is what it is and you can call me 100 percent deaf! :)

Wirelessly posted

in my opinion nobody is 100% deaf unless you cant hear anything at all only vibration with most powerful hearing aid on the market (me) so thats why I have CI thank god (I was born hoh with 50 db flat loss until 17 then profound and at 20 NR(no response))

Left ear is 100% deaf...right ear is profoundly deaf...upper 90-lower 100 range. Close. Hearing aid is more for balance than aural input.

R ear 100 percent, no aural bones

L ear severe/profound I can hear deep boom noises, like near thunder (not far), oddly, I do hear a close bumblebee (??) and basso profundo speakers if they are in a quiet room and very near. The basso profundos are rare so I dont hear much.

I know what you're tryin' to ask. Im not total deaf and mute. Im severe to profound and I have voice but can barely talk. Could you imagine I'm a news reporter? :lol: Or president of the United states of America? You must talk quick and give a lot of information at same time. I wish I can think like dat but I cant.

I know what you're tryin' to ask. Im not total deaf and mute. Im severe to profound and I have voice but can barely talk. Could you imagine I'm a news reporter? :lol: Or president of the United states of America? You must talk quick and give a lot of information at same time.

I've never seen President of United States talking quick or giving out a lot of info at same time. POTUS has a Press Secretary for that job.

I've never seen President of United States talking quick or giving out a lot of info at same time. POTUS has a Press Secretary for that job.

What I meant is, talk continuance. do a lot of talkin'. BIG DUH!!

'scuse me???? You've never seen a President give a press conference? They do that, you know. You may have seen Obama give a speech or two here and there, as well.

(That was in response to Jiro; DeafTim slipped in.)

I am really Profound. I only hear once without my aids, plane engine only few metres away from me and that was only whisper, I almost didn't noticed. I think I am almost to 100% but not 100% deaf.

Back