How long do moulds last?

melissa

Reaction score
I can't find the answer to this question anywhere. This is the first time I've had in the ear traditional moulds (ever, and I'm 24!), and I don't know how long they last. I know the tubing will get hard and crack when it needs replacing, but what happens to the moulds?

I can't find the answer to this question anywhere. This is the first time I've had in the ear traditional moulds (ever, and I'm 24!), and I don't know how long they last. I know the tubing will get hard and crack when it needs replacing, but what happens to the moulds?

I just went in to get ear molds 2 days ago. Usually it is good to have it replaced every year but that's up to you. I replace my tubing probably every few months.

YMMV

Ok, about a year then. Thanks!

it varies for each individual. it could be 2 years. for me - I only replace it if ear mold is bothering me like making my ears very itchy or if i'm having lot of feedback.

I'm having lot of feedback so that's why i ordered new one.

I'v used the same earmolds for the last 4 years, and don't plan on changing them anytime soon.

I replace my earmoulds every year or two. Depending how it feels etc

I have the same problem with my earmolds with tubes. I am sick of this because it always get hard and crack cause hurt. I have to get new earmold every 1 year. That is wasting the money. My right earmold need get a new one because it's one year old.

I'v used the same earmolds for the last 4 years, and don't plan on changing them anytime soon.

wow!!!! i don't think i want to see what your ear mold looks like right now :lol:

It should be changed every year to two. Your ears never stop growing.

A year or two is about right. Sometimes, I need to replace it more often, depending on how much they squeal.

Ok, thanks everyone. Does anything happen to the material- will it change, or will I only know when I start getting squeaking/feedback?

Ok, thanks everyone. Does anything happen to the material- will it change, or will I only know when I start getting squeaking/feedback?

harder. yuckier. discoloration.

My daughter hasn't worn out a set of molds yet... just outgrown them. However, I do plan on replacing them yearly once they start lasting that long.

They can/will harden and even crack... tubes too. They will discolor and may even deteriorate depending on what you use to clean them.

They can/will harden and even crack... tubes too. They will discolor and may even deteriorate depending on what you use to clean them.

and also your activity and climate. If your kid is athletic, you may need to replace it few months. Sweat + water + sun exposure + etc. cause the tube to deteriorate rapidly. Same for ear mold.

I am glad that I don't wear HAs anymore. Earmolds hurt my ears...I dislike them so much. I stopped wearing HAs because they gave me some headaches.

I'm so sick of earmolds it's not even funny. My ear is constantly irritated nowadays, no matter what I do. I clean the earmold and all, but pft. can't wait to get the CI.

wow!!!! i don't think i want to see what your ear mold looks like right now :lol:

Don't know what your problem is, but my earmolds are clear white. I wipe them off daily with HA cleaner, and put them to bed in a dryer. I am not sure what they are made of , they are a hard materal but they have not shrunk. I got my Naida's last year and my audi said they were fine and I didn't need new earmolds. I have been wearing BTE's for about 15 years and this is just the second set of earmolds. Maybe my audi knows something you don't?

Back