How do you know?

You keep asking how will people know?
The answer is simple.
The only way people know what you or i or anyone does in the bedroom is if you, me or anyone tells them...
Your ask this question then somehow warp it to mean discrmination...
In the end. Its stark and simple.if you dont want christians as an example to get offended by your bedroom tastes have enough tack not to advertize it to them. If you. Do expect the damn obvious that they will not appreciate your bussiness..
It really is that smple.

think either go decent cake shop who don't give toss what you are buy the two brides or grooms stick it on myself..most bakers only want your money and rightly so it his trade.....all this free advertising this baker getting

Well, a sign like this
leLA4YT.jpg
will be removed when one day in the near future Congress will pass a law to prohibit this sign. In other words, a small business like a local store will be required to serve anyone.

that's not for refusing service to gay people or such. it is not used to discriminate people.

it is to kick problematic people out. for ie - a young man came to my store to buy lotsa of beers. I look at him and I think he's buying beers for minors.... therefore I tell him - get out of my store.

I kick him out jiro...I often see shops refusing more than one kid that mainly bc like herd of elephants nicking sweets

You keep asking how will people know?
The answer is simple.
The only way people know what you or i or anyone does in the bedroom is if you, me or anyone tells them...
Your ask this question then somehow warp it to mean discrmination...
In the end. Its stark and simple.if you dont want christians as an example to get offended by your bedroom tastes have enough tack not to advertize it to them. If you. Do expect the damn obvious that they will not appreciate your bussiness..
It really is that smple.

Thats what ive been saying the whole time. .why are they making it their business what the heck I do in my bedroom?

Thats what ive been saying the whole time. .why are they making it their business what the heck I do in my bedroom?
because they want to save the world from sinners of the nth degree...

In that case they have a lot bigger problems on their hands than the LGBT community (since they 'sin' in turning a blind eye to hate crimes and the murders of many transgender women...)- there's divorced, unwed mothers, and pretty much every other crime. Never knew that sharing a bed was a crime :P </sarcasm>

because they want to save the world from sinners of the nth degree...

In that case they have a lot bigger problems on their hands than the LGBT community (since they 'sin' in turning a blind eye to hate crimes and the murders of many transgender women...)- there's divorced, unwed mothers, and pretty much every other crime. Never knew that sharing a bed was a crime :P </sarcasm>

the only way people know is if YOU tell them..
People hold opinions, im not christian, that said i dont go out of my way to provoke christians. Im not a jew, i dont go out of my way to a kosher shop and demand for them to give me what i want or else. Im not a muslem i dont go out of my way to a halal shop and expect them to seve me a cold beer or else..
No
i respect those people who dont have my faith, all of the above would class me a horrible sinner bound for hell fire nd brimstone, rack and ruin...
Cool
I leave them alone. I have no need whastsoever to rub in others faces what the hell i do...
Thats just me i suppose...
Meh

Last edited:
well there are situations where they WILL figure it out either by others telling them or pretty much judging anyway by looking at them as Kai mentioned about. Most gay people don't go around announcing it- yes there are a few activists and 'out' people but in general day to day life most (even some of the activist) don't trumpet it to every service provider yet some service providers will still try to say something.

I just can't help but wonder if there are people out there who will still say they will not serve people and base it on what they see in front of them. That's still discrimination.

I get the whole "well just leave them be and go somewhere else"- but that still doesn't address the problem of curbing discrimination- why should that even happen in the first place to make the customer go somewhere else?

well there are situations where they WILL figure it out either by others telling them or pretty much judging anyway by looking at them as Kai mentioned about. Most gay people don't go around announcing it- yes there are a few activists and 'out' people but in general day to day life most (even some of the activist) don't trumpet it to every service provider yet some service providers will still try to say something.

I just can't help but wonder if there are people out there who will still say they will not serve people and base it on what they see in front of them. That's still discrimination.

I get the whole "well just leave them be and go somewhere else"- but that still doesn't address the problem of curbing discrimination- why should that even happen in the first place to make the customer go somewhere else?

descrimination wont be addresed by the gov forcing private bussiness to submit or else..
That breeds resentment. the better idea rather then having activists of any strip use the gov as a stone to grind their axe, is to respect and tolerate other peoples faiths and opinions. Even when those faiths declare you or me or anyone is hellbound,,blah blah,
Sure some owners might figure it out re what i or you or anyone does in fhe bedroom. But thats just being part of the package of bieng human. Id rather have private bussiness protected then the gov able to attack and destroy a persons livlihood to suit the whims of a political agenda...
Ive been discriminated against...im over it.
Meh
The quicker everyone else is.the better society will be

Why are you making it their bussiness by telling them?

You misread what I said. I never said I am telling them.... THEY ARE The ones making it THEIR business when I did nothing but walk in the store or restaurant with my mother, or my sister, or a friend for girls time as straight person.

I walk into a freaking restaurant. Sit down and am denied service because they think I am gay just because I am with the same gendered person. I am saying ... It's a witch hunt.

:eek3:

2 people get together at restaurants.

2 sisters together .... Assumed gay
2 brothers together ,.....assumed gay
2 married straight same gender friends.... Assumed gay
2 longtime friends who are grandmothers together.... Assumed gay

They accused being gay JUST BECAUSE they same sex together doing ordinary common things.

My fricking point is there are so many same gendered person is at the same place at the same time. guess they all gay!

You misread what I said. I never said I am telling them.... THEY ARE The ones making it THEIR business when I did nothing but walk in the store or restaurant with my mother, or my sister, or a friend for girls time as straight person.

I walk into a freaking restaurant. Sit down and am denied service because they think I am gay just because I am with the same gendered person. I am saying ... It's a witch hunt.

:eek3:

2 people get together at restaurants.

2 sisters together .... Assumed gay
2 brothers together ,.....assumed gay
2 married straight same gender friends.... Assumed gay
2 longtime friends who are grandmothers together.... Assumed gay

They accused being gay JUST BECAUSE they same sex together doing ordinary common things.

My fricking point is there are so many same gendered person is at the same place at the same time. guess they all gay!
Where is all this happening? We eat out and I've never seen anything like that. When I eat out with other women, or TCS eats out with other men, no restauranteur or server assumes (or cares) what the relationships are. They just want to up-sell and feed people.

Where is all this happening? We eat out and I've never seen anything like that. When I eat out with other women, or TCS eats out with other men, no restauranteur or server assumes (or cares) what the relationships are. They just want to up-sell and feed people.

Thats because its illegal with the new law they can start doing that. Their first reasoning is same gender, then look at how they dress if it fits their sterotypical image, then make assumation

There are alot people who dress certain way who are unfairly judged or assumed to be gay. It happens all of the time. I admit I sometimes assume people are gay couple or gay the way they dress or act. People will have to start dressing certain way to conform to societys image of a straight person to "blend" in. People will stop being unique to blend in better.

Thats because its illegal with the new law they can start doing that. Their first reasoning is same gender, then look at how they dress if it fits their sterotypical image, then make assumption
It has nothing to do with the law. It's about business. Restaurants don't want to lose customers, pure and simple. Besides, most restaurant workers are too busy to care about their customers' private lives.

There are alot people who dress certain way who are unfairly judged or assumed to be gay. It happens all of the time. I admit I sometimes assume people are gay couple or gay the way they dress or act. People will have to start dressing certain way to conform to societys image of a straight person to "blend" in. People will stop being unique to blend in better.
I guess I must live in a more liberal or laid back area than you. People here don't seem to be concerned about the gayness of each others' clothing.

In some areas its bad. If someone is blackballed for being gay because of a vicious rumor the business can turn their back on person because of the rumor.

I work with gay coworkers and they face alot discrimination anywhere because of their looks. Its harsh.

years ago i opened my eyes little bit about how gay people are ppercieved. was at the food store with openly gay friend and I have never felt so scrutinized from the cashier giving us dirty looks and the old man behind us was eyeballing her so hard but she ingored it and acted like it was an everyday thing... I have never felt uncomfortable like that and that cashier has seen me countless times was friendly all of the time but never again went to that cashier. Thats how uncool the feeling was. It does seem to bring out the worst in people sometimes.

It was not the same feel of stares I get when i am working with special needs client.

to my knowledge i only read about twice in my country and that was at bed and breakfast even then he no stopped them bc gay it was if they having sex,it was his Christian belief not under his roof he advertised as such.
what ever sort of cake they wanted to be so gay, wedding cake a cake stick two brides or grooms on it themselves.
i know there are conservative narrow minded people like this but mostly people keep opinions to themselves

In some areas its bad. If someone is blackballed for being gay because of a vicious rumor the business can turn their back on person because of the rumor.

I work with gay coworkers and they face alot discrimination anywhere because of their looks. Its harsh.
Where on earth do you live and work? I live in the conservative Deep South, and it's nothing like that. Gay people live openly and work prominently here. People don't gossip rumors about how people look in regards to how gay they might be. It would be hard to refuse service to anyone gay since many of the businesses are owned and run by gay people, including the restaurants, where there are gay servers.

I and my family and friends, who are conservative Christians, don't interact with people on the basis of their sexuality (if we even know it) or clothing choices. That is so bizarre. We interact based on common interests and relationships.

years ago i opened my eyes little bit about how gay people are ppercieved. was at the food store with openly gay friend and I have never felt so scrutinized from the cashier giving us dirty looks and the old man behind us was eyeballing her so hard but she ingored it and acted like it was an everyday thing... I have never felt uncomfortable like that and that cashier has seen me countless times was friendly all of the time but never again went to that cashier. Thats how uncool the feeling was. It does seem to bring out the worst in people sometimes.
How was your friend being "openly gay" at a food store check out? That's what's "uncool." I don't act "openly straight" when I check out at a store. I just conduct my business. There is no discussion or behavior of a sexual nature.

It was not the same feel of stares I get when i am working with special needs client.
Are you sure that you're not paranoid? Why are so many people staring at you?

Are you sure that you're not paranoid? Why are so many people staring at you?

Ha ha I am not paranoid. I only gave one example of one time. Dont twist my words around. It was only once that stood out for me I dont even care of people stare. When someone stare with so much hatred like that would you still be comfortable? No. That cashier always was so pleasant with me before. Never the same since. Im deaf and im so used to stares, I habitually dont even notice them most of time anyways. This stood out.

I am actually from the suburbs of Chicago. Very liberal city. Discrimination still happen Anywhere. one of my gay friend moved to a small town in new york south of syrcause and the company her partner worked for was so against gays and felt unsafe they could not go into the store together they did not feel safe. So they moved back here. Just saying it is bad at times.

We as straight people take alot things for granted and do not face as much persecution that gays face everyday.

Im not parnoid at all. and just see wasted tax dollars involved in legality issues when people are wrongly accused which will happen. It will turn ugly.

. . . Im not parnoid at all. and just see wasted tax dollars involved in legality issues when people are wrongly accused which will happen. It will turn ugly.
Wrongly accused of doing what?

Back