How do you feel....

Unfortunately some people live in a world where its kind of like "its all about me." Not saying Meg is self centered, but she flat out (sub-consciously or not) ignores the proper kind of behavior one should take when making plans or something.

stab my back?

My friend and I have been friends since we were little kids (28 years). Recently, he went to a beach with his two deaf friends that I know them (same school 15 years ago).

I was really surprised that he told me that his friends did not want me to know about their vacation. It made me think if he is my true friend or not. I do not care if they went to the beach. I don't see that problem.

My friend showed me some photos that he went there. He covered his hand on the right side of a picture that he did not want me to see him. I was really shocked. I thought that he was joking.

Is this a stab back? I am pretty confused.

It seems that most hearing people open their talks about their vacation or anything. What's the difference! Othewise, I would have to start all over to find a new normal friend somewhere.

Last edited:
I wouldn't allow that to happen to me again. I'd just drop the friend like a hot potato and not be friends anymore because it's evident that the friend's not a REAL friend, but a major back stabber. That's not a healthy type of friendship.

yeah it happens to me sometimes but u know that some ppl just don't have much common sense or anything like that...some aren't even mature enough to handle the friendship or something like that lol

WaterRats13 said:
I wouldn't allow that to happen to me again. I'd just drop the friend like a hot potato and not be friends anymore because it's evident that the friend's not a REAL friend, but a major back stabber. That's not a healthy type of friendship.

just had to post this -- :werd: i agree WaterRats -- its proof enuf that the person wouldnt be a true friend with the backstabbing and BS that happens :roll:

TinyStrawberry said:
Fly Free:
That would be one thing. But this person always turn me down then several days later she calles me or page me and starts whining, why I didn't invite her to do something? and I went like.. Uhh "you" was the one who "turns" the plans down.. Its not really my fault, she tends to blame it on me.. But its not my fault.. Who's? I have no clue.

Umm, I really hate to be blunt with you, but that is no kind of friend! Playing manipulation and shit like that? If I had a friend playing that kind of shit, there's the door. Step off, "friend"!

I agree with fly and waterrats and deaf258 drop the friend if she can't respect u then ur better off finding a new friend, dont rely on her *promises* u know its always broken, just be yrself and take that as a lesson, if she can't be there for u then ur better off not being there for her. her behavior shows that she's not worth it! Dont rely on a backstabber rely on upfront person who can take criticsim and respect and compromising.

i'm with you tinystrawberry.. yeah this thing always happen to me.. everytime i expect someone comming over here.. i clean my house very good just for that person and give them warm welcome.. then they called me or IM me and say. i can't go over because i don't feel good (B.S.) or they say.. i'm too tired to go.

Hate when this happens to me..
also last 4th of july.. me and my co-worker went to bar.. we expect 2 other gals come over to bar.. they called in last min. say " we don't feel like going to bar and chat we just wanna stay home and watch movie" how shame! we were at bar waiting for hour for them then they called.

anyway.. U can tell them how u feel about this.. just express your feelings.. that's what i do.

It always works to sit down with that "friend" and be blunt about how you feel and tell your friend you won't put up with his/her guilt trip games and it is not going to work this time on you. Getting it off your chest would help you feel better about yourself and same time help your "friend" learn how to be a better friend next time around if there is a chance.

TinyStrawberry said:
:mad2:
How do you feel when people asked if U have plans to do on a day that they want to get together with you, then they call u or emailed you to let u know that they don't feel like being around or not feeling like doing anything, AT THE LAST MINUTE!....
It really hurts inside when this "girl" which is "my bestfriend" rarely calls me to ask me if I wanted to get together, and then she changes her mind..

I AM TIRED OF THIS shit! :ugh:

Who's with me when this happens and ur tired of it??

I've had this happen to me before.. unfortunately we're not best friends anymore because of that reason and a lot of other reasons. Oh well..I have my own life and she has hers.. we do talk but not like the way we used to that often.

DeafSCUBA98 said:
i'm with you tinystrawberry.. yeah this thing always happen to me.. everytime i expect someone comming over here.. i clean my house very good just for that person and give them warm welcome.. then they called me or IM me and say. i can't go over because i don't feel good (B.S.) or they say.. i'm too tired to go.

Hate when this happens to me..
also last 4th of july.. me and my co-worker went to bar.. we expect 2 other gals come over to bar.. they called in last min. say " we don't feel like going to bar and chat we just wanna stay home and watch movie" how shame! we were at bar waiting for hour for them then they called.

anyway.. U can tell them how u feel about this.. just express your feelings.. that's what i do.

DeafScuba98: I have tried to express my feelings to her, but she still doesn't really understand how I feel. I repeat it OVER AND OVER and NOTHING works! Agh. I tried to explain to her in ASL and English and she still doesn't understand. I would guess her stupid edcuation doesn't help her at all.. She have CI and she sign in ASL, and sign cue (I don't know most of cueing). So I practically gave up. :madfawk:

TinyStrawberry said:
DeafScuba98: I have tried to express my feelings to her, but she still doesn't really understand how I feel. I repeat it OVER AND OVER and NOTHING works! Agh. I tried to explain to her in ASL and English and she still doesn't understand. I would guess her stupid edcuation doesn't help her at all.. She have CI and she sign in ASL, and sign cue (I don't know most of cueing). So I practically gave up. :madfawk:

hmm.. maybe she's isn't worth a friend.. but i'm wondering if she ever invite you for anything and did it plan well? u show up and things go well?
It's still okay to be friends like just chatting.. also other thing i'm wondering.. does she hang with deafies often? I also had a friend who doesn't understand ASL or english much.. because he don't hang with deafies much.. all i need is paient with him..

DeafSCUBA98 said:
hmm.. maybe she's isn't worth a friend.. but i'm wondering if she ever invite you for anything and did it plan well? u show up and things go well?
It's still okay to be friends like just chatting.. also other thing i'm wondering.. does she hang with deafies often? I also had a friend who doesn't understand ASL or english much.. because he don't hang with deafies much.. all i need is paient with him..

She rarely calls me, or invites me. I am the ONLY one who does all of those hard work.. IF I invite her, sometimes it plans out well.. She does hang out with friends, but she still often turn them down too. It seems she is not a "person who likes to hang out with friends", she rather stay at home and complain.
I tried my best to do whatever I know how to, and what my social worker, or my own mother tells me to do..

I have been thinking alot lately, and its been giving me a freaking bad margraines..
I think I chose the wrong friends. Its not including, Pinkster, a great close friend, Datelesstoo.. Its something that realated to school. AGGGGGGGGH!

TinyStrawberry said:
She rarely calls me, or invites me. I am the ONLY one who does all of those hard work.. IF I invite her, sometimes it plans out well.. She does hang out with friends, but she still often turn them down too. It seems she is not a "person who likes to hang out with friends", she rather stay at home and complain.
I tried my best to do whatever I know how to, and what my social worker, or my own mother tells me to do..

I have been thinking alot lately, and its been giving me a freaking bad margraines..
I think I chose the wrong friends. Its not including, Pinkster, a great close friend, Datelesstoo.. Its something that realated to school. AGGGGGGGGH!

if she's a kind of person who don't like to hang out with friends often that's her choice..

It's okay to be still friends.. but as long u don't need to hang with her..
Whenever you guys accidently meet eachother like MSAD H.C., you guys can chat or so.. This is what i do the most of the time..

I am not a kind of person to hate someone or ingore someone.. I do ingore someone if i get really sick of that person. guess you know me like that huh? :) This girl sounds like one of my EX-girlfriend.. i think u know who i'm talking about :)

DeafSCUBA98 said:
if she's a kind of person who don't like to hang out with friends often that's her choice..

It's okay to be still friends.. but as long u don't need to hang with her..
Whenever you guys accidently meet eachother like MSAD H.C., you guys can chat or so.. This is what i do the most of the time..

I am not a kind of person to hate someone or ingore someone.. I do ingore someone if i get really sick of that person. guess you know me like that huh? :) This girl sounds like one of my EX-girlfriend.. i think u know who i'm talking about :)

I think I do :D She rarely goes to deaf activies!! She never goes to MSAD H.C. or Deaf club. She's weird. Oh well.. She "I think" she inorges me almost all the time. :squint:

The thing I'm thinking is that... in Pinkster's earlier post, she metioned that you two have been friends since you both were 2 years old... Maybe she's starting to take you for granted, because you've always been there for her.

lilredridinhood said:
The thing I'm thinking is that... in Pinkster's earlier post, she metioned that you two have been friends since you both were 2 years old... Maybe she's starting to take you for granted, because you've always been there for her.

The age is incorrect. We were friends at the age of 1, then she moved away to many other states because her father is in the military. When I was in grade school, field trips for all deaf from different schools meet up together and do things together, I saw her several times but we rarely speak in a friendship language. Just like "Hi, how are u?, etc" In 7th grade, I bumped into her again and we became close friends again. She was pretty much not always there for me when I found out that I have bi-polar in last year of middle school.

Back