How do you feel....

TinyStrawberry

Reaction score
:mad2:
How do you feel when people asked if U have plans to do on a day that they want to get together with you, then they call u or emailed you to let u know that they don't feel like being around or not feeling like doing anything, AT THE LAST MINUTE!....
It really hurts inside when this "girl" which is "my bestfriend" rarely calls me to ask me if I wanted to get together, and then she changes her mind..

I AM TIRED OF THIS shit! :ugh:

Who's with me when this happens and ur tired of it??

its happened to me a couple times -- i dont take it personally -- if there was a true reason to the change of plans ie: family emergency or other stuff that needed attention NOW that are beyond a person's control then they can let me know and re plan another date no biggie

Fly Free:
That would be one thing. But this person always turn me down then several days later she calles me or page me and starts whining, why I didn't invite her to do something? and I went like.. Uhh "you" was the one who "turns" the plans down.. Its not really my fault, she tends to blame it on me.. But its not my fault.. Who's? I have no clue.

well then the person sounds like he/she isnt worth the trouble to try inviting perhaps if he/she keeps whining and complaining that u did not "invite" the person when u already have previously and the person turned u down in the first place -- u can just go on to the events or whatever it was u wanted to go with ur other friends or by urself and meet them there -- that would also work

yes u are not at fault i agree -- u have tried and ur friend chose to turn u down

Well since I know this other person kinda well, shes a mommy's girl. She'll do whatever it is her mom says. What controls her answers? MONEY. WHo give her the money for gas? Her mom. WHo gives her money for other things? Her mom. If you ask me, she needs to gain some control of her own life. But thats me - im the one who's parents dont give a shit what i do as long as im not in jail or in financial trouble. Hell - my parents ask ME for money.

Either way, Im not going to tell you to ditch her or stop seeing her. You guys have been friends since what, 2 years old? You and I have been friends since 8th grade, and take it from me - she could put more of an effort into it. Knowing her, if you told her shes being irrational, she'll get mad. Plans are plans meant to be kept unless theres a VERY GOOD reason (ie her dad came home) not to. :)

Again, thats me ;)

ahh Pinkster -- i get the idea that u 3 know eachother -- yes i know money can be the issue and all -- have u 2 tried to encourage ur friend to take more control of her own life and perhaps get a job or something and gain her self esteem/confidence in self (if this might also have some migating factors as to why she keeps turning down invitations besides money from mom) qq

Originally posted by TinyStrawberry
How do you feel when people asked if U have plans to do on a day that they want to get together with you, then they call u or emailed you to let u know that they don't feel like being around or not feeling like doing anything, AT THE LAST MINUTE!....
It really hurts inside when this "girl" which is "my bestfriend" rarely calls me to ask me if I wanted to get together, and then she changes her mind..

Happened to me several times. Hated it! Really waste my time for dress up, prepare, and daze at the clock for nothing!!!

One time, I visited my grandma's home in Texas last year. My old friend (i know her from our 6th grade) wants see me in real life instead of our pagers. I said fine, we arranged on specific time, which day, and chosen on that place. That was 5 days before that day.
On that day, I dress up with nice clothes, stared at the clock, fill out gas in my grandma's car (I borrowed her car for one day), and drive about one hour away between grandma's home and that mall we suppose meet. End up, my old friend paged me 30 minutes before we supposed meet. 30 minutes???? She decided to stay home. Not tell me why. I feel so suck for driving long miles (total two hours) and waste $$$$ for gas. Grrrr
Next time, if again, i will say big NO to that person.

Originally posted by pinkster
we've tried. and nothing works.

the 3 of us went to HS together :)

ahh gotcha Pinkster -- i hope ur friend finds a way to go out more and meet up with u girls somewhere and have a lil fun -- i know its challenging with that type of person

Re: Re: How do you feel....

Originally posted by Lasza
Happened to me several times. Hated it! Really waste my time for dress up, prepare, and daze at the clock for nothing!!!

One time, I visited my grandma's home in Texas last year. My old friend (i know her from our 6th grade) wants see me in real life instead of our pagers. I said fine, we arranged on specific time, which day, and chosen on that place. That was 5 days before that day.
On that day, I dress up with nice clothes, stared at the clock, fill out gas in my grandma's car (I borrowed her car for one day), and drive about one hour away between grandma's home and that mall we suppose meet. End up, my old friend paged me 30 minutes before we supposed meet. 30 minutes???? She decided to stay home. Not tell me why. I feel so suck for driving long miles (total two hours) and waste $$$$ for gas. Grrrr
Next time, if again, i will say big NO to that person.

:shock: Lasza that definately sucks! definately was a waste of time and gas driving to that location where u were going to meet her at only to find out 30 mins prior to the meeting time she turns u down -- *smh* i uddy so totally how u feel :(

I have had this happen to me a couple of times and it was the same person as well, i told that friend u want to meet me u come to my home don t make me go out waste my gas and then last minute change plans. one i knew was an emergency as I was the one that had to cancel cuz of my mom's emergency situation, other was her situation saying her mom wanted her to stay home and not go out, the next time she even called said sorry i cant go out with u anymore mom said no. i said fine with me, ur loss cuz ur under ur parents control and ur over 18 i chose not to pursue the BS as i was just barely 20 at the time.

the most recent one was this gal here in hawaii has a tendendcy to change her mind, so i told her no problem, i ll just meet up at the pininic and not worry abt that she never showed up and the president of the club was steaming mad! cuz she had all the equipments that was needed for that pininic :-X oooooo i told her im not getting involved with that situation but would pass a note to her and told the prez to seal it in the envlope and which she did, and i dropped it off told her ( the VP) i needed to go home. So went home she IMed me apologizing for this i said apologize to the prez not me. so make sure u confirm ur plans the day before or at least 6 hrs before u leave so u dont waste gas, im ALWAYS now confirming before going out to do anything.

I know the VP now needs rides, as her car broke down and her ex bf broke the windsheild so i can't pretty much say or do anything much til i hear from her. at least she's not going to be *dependent* on me as i finsihed told the Xbf to make sure he also is fair as he's the father of 4 kids.

Never heard of
sendpm.gif
?

this is what I do - i make backup plans lol.......just dress up and go to the mall and scope out hotties :) i dont rely on my friends for fun if i did i would be sitting home waiting...I have some flaky friends too........hehehe one time I puposely was late and my friend was mad but I said hey you do the same to me I dont say anything ;) so they learned their lesson hehehehe.........

You're not the only one, My friend Brieana always promises me something and never does it. So I just dont really believe her when she promises stuff anymore. People are rude and ignorant sometimes.

It happens to everyone. I would be pissed if it happens to me only if it's a occurring pattern by the same person over and over. OKay...

Yea it happends. It makes me mad if they got no good reason to.

I remember back in 1997, I had got into touch with one of my ex roommates I roomed with in Los Angeles....I had moved back to my parents' in Santa Rosa, north of San Francisco -- and my ex roommate had moved back to Sacramento -- he called me up one day out of the blue and we talked for a while...he asked if he could come and visit with me for a day. So we did plan on a certain day and decided to meet at the local Denny's restaurant so we could have lunch and coffee, and catch up, ya know?

The day came around and I went to Denny's and waited outside to meet him -- I waited.....and waited.....AND waited.....! I waited 3 bloody hours and he never showed up and I went back home and since I didn't have his number, I couldn't call him to ask what happened. He never called back. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! :madfawk:

That really pissed me off.

I must say it is extremely annoying when others don't show any consideration of you. I have one friend who constantly nags all our other friends for information about a planned meet up and insists on making sure it happens then cancels. Now this is frustrating if it happens on numerous occasions. Also it's even more frustrating trying to keep your patience with people who keep doing this.

I remember when one friend arranged to meet me, and we were smsing each other. I didn't understand her and she didn't understand me, and so we ended up going into opposite directions and I was late for class so I gave up. It's annoying when others are so inconsiderate and they don't even offer an explanation which WOULD make me feel better. Oh well.

Ziusudra

I want her to understand how I feel, but it seems she doesn't.. I explained to her SOOOOOO MANY times how I understand, but she just looks like she inorges me with my feelings.

Nothing makes me feel better, even still she doesn't really say sorry back to me or whatever. *I always do* Recently, she told me to go fuck myself. Hahahaha.. Can I? No.. Geez :(

Back