How do you cope with Separation/Divorce?

Exactly what I went thru with the split from my ex hubby. I had a strong gut feeling that he was cheating on me hence the reason for surprise announcement of wanting a divorce out of the blue. I kept begging him for the next 3 months to be honest with me...he kept saying no, he wasnt seeing anyone but my gut feeling kept telling me that I was right. At a party, the girl that he was seeing confronted me and told me that they had been seeing each other for a month before he told me he wanted to split up and that I needed to stop trying to work on my marriage. She was my friend so my jaw went :jaw: Now u know why I wanted to kill someone. It was the ultimate betrayed from both of them..him for lying to me for 3 months and her who was supposed to be my friend.

Women, ALWAYS listen to your gut feelings about your men cuz usually they would be right on the spot!

I am so sorry that it has come to this point, Jeepgirl. Yea, it sucks...really really sucks, doesnt it? Only time would heal the pain.

As for never getting married agian, I said the same thing and look at where I am ..married again. LOL!

Hang in there...dont despair. Life should only get better after you have hit your lowest point.
yesterday, he pretty much told me the truth because he was getting aggravated by my texting him. why? because he didn't pay for my cell phone like he said he would. I paid nearly 200 dollars to turn his and jaci's phone back on because he asked me nicely if i would pay and he would pay mine. So I agreed. well, my cell was cut off for 2 days and i was pissed. he was at his gf's house all weekend and not thinking of turning my phone back on. so i bugged him about it. he finally paid it today and said "happy now?" i said yeah! and he said "good!" and I said yeah! well during that time, i said i know you're with a girl and i know who that would be so spit it out and tell me. he said yeah and its "dawn" and I said i knew it. and i said have a nice life! at last he paid my phone today.

I got what i wanted to hear. now, its time to move on

Last edited:
I don't know why but today i'm feeling better. I'm sure i'm gonna have my days but today i just feel better. its because of all the supports i have from AD and IRL. its amazing.

I'm working on that.. getting tested... i don't think that would be necessary because there wasn't any (sex) in the last 2 and a half months. but yeah.. to be on the safe side, I should.

You do want to get yourself tested for safety's sake plus you want to put all thoughts at ease. The "What Ifs, Buts.." and so on to rest.

I don't know why but today i'm feeling better. I'm sure i'm gonna have my days but today i just feel better. its because of all the supports i have from AD and IRL. its amazing.

Believe me, your true friends do stay strong with you during the most challenging times in your life. I am glad you have the support.

HUGS!

I'm sorry to hear about this and I hope you get your life back on track one day when you put the situation behind. It takes time, but hey you got friends in AD and IRL, to be there for you. Hang in there! :)

Oh my dear, I´m sorry to learn about your husband´s affair with another woman. :(

I would advise you to take PeachyLady´s suggestion to positive your life and also your daughter as well.

How do your daughter react since I know she loves your husband like her own Dad?

JeepGirl,
i was there for u when u need talk me on pager, i always listen u and remmy i told u that u need be strong for u and ur daughter, ur daughter need u MOST more than men do! i know u need him back but seem to me that he not come back to u.. so u need stand up urself and be strong woman i know u are! so u can be WIN and beat Chris that u not weak anymore and u will be strong lady.. trust me.. :)

JeepGirl,
i was there for u when u need talk me on pager, i always listen u and remmy i told u that u need be strong for u and ur daughter, ur daughter need u MOST more than men do! i know u need him back but seem to me that he not come back to u.. so u need stand up urself and be strong woman i know u are! so u can be WIN and beat Chris that u not weak anymore and u will be strong lady.. trust me.. :)

AMEN sista! i am second w/her..you gotta stay stong and don't let him make you feel lose just stay strong gurl it'll make him lose big time :D

JeepGirl,

I am sorry to hear about this. Hang in there, you do have a wonderful ADers/real life friends for supports and your daughter to get through this.
Be strong and stand tall. :hug:

You are in my thoughts and prayers, Jeepgirl.
Peace be with you and your daughter!

How it going, Jeepgirl?? Hanging in there tough eh? Hope ya gonna be enjoying life to the fullest...

Hang in there Jeepgirl,, lot of us go through breaks up when we get hurt. The hurt will fade away with time and we find a way to move on. For me I keep myself busy doing something around the house and my daughter and getting out of the house to get my mind off the the guy. But hang in there and you will be alright. :)

I think all of us girls should get together for some serious ice cream overloaded with calories that would make Jenny Craig scream and watch sappy movies while bitch about men who are no-good-for-nothing jerks. That always makes me feel better.

I think all of us girls should get together for some serious ice cream overloaded with calories that would make Jenny Craig scream and watch sappy movies while bitch about men who are no-good-for-nothing jerks. That always makes me feel better.

I would come for the ice cream:laugh2::D oh yeah, still good idea for us gals

Hey I wanna come to this shin-ding. :(

Besides don't you girls need a gay (male) "sister" to hang out with ya? :lol:

Can I bring my bottle of wine? Wine is perfect for whiners! :) :giggle:

Back