How do you cope with Separation/Divorce?

Your story is making me cry. :hug: I do see how it had devastated you, and I'm glad that you and your husband had decided to reconcile. ;)

:hug: Sorry, didn't mean to make you cry ^_^;
Yeah.. I didn't have anybody so I went through the divorce alone but in my opinion, that experience taught me how to be more stronger and more resilent.
Yeah.. its funny because when I moved up to Maryland, Brendan realized that he STILL loves me and missed me terribly so we talked things out and now I am back here :)
But I still have a safety net below me just in case Brendan wants to break up with me ;)

I know this can be too personal to talk about it but I'd very much would appreciate to have alittle advice. I was married before and I didn't love him like I should've. so it was an easy way out. this is my 2nd marriage and we've been together 8 years. My husband finally said he's leaving. I said why? he said because enough is enough. We argue alot due to not wanting to understand each other's feelings. I tried to understand him but everytime he tried to talk about it, its always something I've done wrong. when I talk to him about my feelings, I would say I would appreciate it you help me clean the house and that I'm working full time too and I feel like i have to do everything, work, take care of my daughter, clean the house, feed the animals, do errands.. so on. he gets offended. things like that has blown out of proportion and became a big deal. I'm not saying its all his fault.. I have my faults in this. anyhow... We were very much in love all the way. at least i thought he was. then finally he said he didn't love me that way anymore, and has been feeling that way since a couple of months. I was shocked and my first thought was he's seeing someone else. Well, a week went by, I of course begged him to come home, begged him to talk to me and so on. He never came. 2nd week went by, I was getting better, starting to accept that he's not coming back. then last night, I went to a wedding. there he was. how he looked, he was so handsome. then it all came back to missing him more. so i asked him how he was feeling.. he said he didn't love me anymore and walked away. He was out there having a blast and flirting. I was standing there drinking beer after another and to find i became really drunk. well, i left.

here i am.. i'm miserable.. weak at the moment, sad, mad, feel like going crazy. What or How do you make yourself feel better? How do you move on? I'm desperate! help?

Do you know that the more you show how hopeless you are from losing him is overwhelming for that guy? He might play it safe and he might assume that you can’t get off your life on him. The best tactic is “back off” and “slow down.”

Backing off doesn’t mean that you have no intention of winning him back, but it’s the best thing to do give you and your husband to solve the issues. You have to give him space and time. Let him reflect on the things that confuse her and let him weigh the options. The marriage has been rough for both of you, so take time to polish those problems. Allow him to reminisce the good times you have had together. Don’t beg him to stay, but give him the reasons to stay.

Back