How did it Happen

I was born hearing... when i was few months old I had whooping cough... became HOH... but it could be from hereidary.... (sp)

My mother was deaf.. few deaf cousins... on my father s side alll of them were HOH then in late age became deaf...

I started wearing two hearing aids at age of 35... i quit wearing them 5 yrs ago... I am almost totally deaf now....

Thanks!!
SxyPorkie :ugh2:

was born deaf too though it's not like I was the first in the family but my great great grandfather was deaf too.

born deaf....ALL of my family are hearing...there no deaf family in genes weird eh? lol

Born hard of hearing. (40-50loss left ear, 75-95loss right ear)

Dunno if its genetic or not.

Anyone

Anyone here took any meds or did something in their daily life that made them deaf/hoh?

Stillwaiting, did you see post # 14 on page 1? Did you recognize any of those meds that may have been given to you?

I didn't see any that I have taken and I dont know if they contain any of those thing. It confused me even more

I was born deaf due to rubella measles or RH conflicts. My mom didn't know I was deaf till a year old then she took me to the doctor and found out indeed I am deaf so she put me in therapy early on. I was also fitted with the hearing aid at that age too as well.

I was born hearing and became deaf because my biological mom didn't take care of me. :roll:

I have met a few people who went deaf from meds and sometimes unknown reasons.

Born hearing - became deaf when I was 2 and half yrs old due to scarlet fever.

fei ku said:
born deaf....ALL of my family are hearing...there no deaf family in genes weird eh? lol

Same here. My audio nerves were burnt before I was born for some reason.

And I don't know anyone who became deaf because of medications, sorry.

I born with deaf for no reason. My mom and doctor tried figure how I get deaf from. No Clue!

Lil_country_gal said:
I am just losing my hearing slowly due to genetics

Do you need Doofusmama, Racheleggett and I to come up and help you adjust to hearing aids? Yes, that is a serious question.

To answer the question, the doctors don't know when I lost my hearing, other than to say that they dropped the ball in diagnosing me.

Back