How are you feeling today?....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if i feel sad or just numb..

RE: Discussion Board #3: Current Events

I'm feeling aware and excited today. I love languages and am here to find an Asl buddy that maybe we could video chat everyday or something like that... email me please asiabolling@gmail.com

I am feeling great! Did Zumba and lunch with my friend. Feeling blessed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not good. My blood pressure's been low since Saturday morning, and I feel dizzy, light-headed and strange. We keep monitoring it, and I stopped taking my BP pill. It might be from the PD or the PD meds. :dunno:

I'm still waiting for a follow-up appointment at VA (it's been almost three months). No word yet.

Not good. My blood pressure's been low since Saturday morning, and I feel dizzy, light-headed and strange. We keep monitoring it, and I stopped taking my BP pill. It might be from the PD or the PD meds. :dunno:

I'm still waiting for a follow-up appointment at VA (it's been almost three months). No word yet.

Wonder if you have gotten caught in the scheduling problems there have been so many news stories about?

Wonder if you have gotten caught in the scheduling problems there have been so many news stories about?
I don't think our hospital has the "secret waiting list" problem but it does have a scheduling problem.

This morning I've been working on setting up my VA on-line account, which is supposed to make things easier. I'm not sure how since it won't let me make appointments on-line. I did all the on-line steps but I still have to take my paperwork to the local VA in person for "authentication" so I don't see much convenience in this. Sigh….

p.s. The VA health website is full of broken links. :roll:

I don't think our hospital has the "secret waiting list" problem but it does have a scheduling problem.

This morning I've been working on setting up my VA on-line account, which is supposed to make things easier. I'm not sure how since it won't let me make appointments on-line. I did all the on-line steps but I still have to take my paperwork to the local VA in person for "authentication" so I don't see much convenience in this. Sigh….

You said you are just setting it up. So . . .hopefully having to turn in paperwork in person is just the first time as part of the "setup" process. Good Luck

So on the bright side, there's your potential third career when you finish school. :D

You said you are just setting it up. So . . .hopefully having to turn in paperwork in person is just the first time as part of the "setup" process. Good Luck
I finished the on-line account process; it just doesn't do anything until it's authenticated in person. Even after authentication, I will still have to make appointments and prescription refills on the phone. Apparently the VA on-line account is mostly a calendar so I can check on my nonexistent appointments.

I think the whole "schedule an appointment online" thing is a big fat flop/hoax. Every doctor I've been to in the last 10 or so years maybe less... some do have websites and a "Patient Portal" and do have some sort of scheduling/requesting appointment(s)... it's a big fat pain in the ass. Recently I tried to do this for a new doc here in NC... twice. I never heard back from them. At least the SC doc- I can request new refills online and that part does work (except for 1- I apparently have to call and schedule a follow up appointment- why they can't send an email to tell me i'll never know...:P)

There is something called DoctorBase (or DocBase I don't remember which)...more of a mobile app kind of thing but can access through PC... tried that with another medical office (in fact I used to see this guy 10 years ago)...but guess what... still no reply to that electronic communication either!

:P

Hope you feel better soon too Reba or at least get in sooner.

. . . Hope you feel better soon too Reba or at least get in sooner.
Thank you. I just spoke to the VA clinic nurse on the phone. She asked me some questions, and then said she'll pass the info to the doctor. I should be getting a call back for an appointment with my primary care doctor in a few days.

I took my bp a few minutes ago. It was 106/60 (normal for me is 130).

Feeling especially down today, I'm at a very low point and I'm freezing because they won't turn the damn AC off in this building. I decided to finally pour my heart out to someone I love, the only person in this world I've ever felt anything for and she had told me before she had feelings for me, but the response I received was a 'let's be friends' and she said it twice.

Why is it if you like someone or in this case like so strongly you can classify it as love, nobody ever shares your feelings in return, ever. From basic friendship to something that transcends being friends, nobody ever wants to know you or be around you, nobody ever returns your feelings.

To make it worse, after having that conversation with the person, that you've known for some time, you go take a test, get a perfect score, get told how rare it is for anyone to get a perfect score on it, feel nothing about that and then meet with a person who will be your instructor and them ask you about friends and you tell them you have none, but somehow they want you to explain to them why you have no friends.

Then after that, she goes on a rant about the difficulty of the course and makes it sound so hard, nobody could possibly finish it and generally just leaves you feeling entirely worthless.

I just wish I were actually able to function in this world, but it just doesn't seem like it's possible, no matter how hard I try. Sorry to bring everyone down, but it's how I feel, it's bothering me having nobody to share it with and I'd post good feelings, if I ever had them.

That is great to got a perfect score on your test. You should go do something nice for yourself , you earned it . It could be just be getting an ice cream or seeing a movie you been wanting to see.

Feeling especially down today, I'm at a very low point and I'm freezing because they won't turn the damn AC off in this building. I decided to finally pour my heart out to someone I love, the only person in this world I've ever felt anything for and she had told me before she had feelings for me, but the response I received was a 'let's be friends' and she said it twice.

Why is it if you like someone or in this case like so strongly you can classify it as love, nobody ever shares your feelings in return, ever. From basic friendship to something that transcends being friends, nobody ever wants to know you or be around you, nobody ever returns your feelings.

To make it worse, after having that conversation with the person, that you've known for some time, you go take a test, get a perfect score, get told how rare it is for anyone to get a perfect score on it, feel nothing about that and then meet with a person who will be your instructor and them ask you about friends and you tell them you have none, but somehow they want you to explain to them why you have no friends.

Then after that, she goes on a rant about the difficulty of the course and makes it sound so hard, nobody could possibly finish it and generally just leaves you feeling entirely worthless.

I just wish I were actually able to function in this world, but it just doesn't seem like it's possible, no matter how hard I try. Sorry to bring everyone down, but it's how I feel, it's bothering me having nobody to share it with and I'd post good feelings, if I ever had them.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/How-Get-Out-Friend-Zone/dp/1452109184]How to Get Out of the Friend Zone: Turn Your Friendship into a Relationship: The Wing Girls: 9781452109183: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

That's old news lol Zumba is fun!

I know it's old news but I keep thinking of it when you said you did Zumba.
LOL ! It was on the news a lot out here .

I know it's old news but I keep thinking of it when you said you did Zumba.

LOL ! It was on the news a lot out here .

It was, it's something that doesn't live in my mind. i enjoy it and got lots of Zumba instructor friends to think about such news, plus, I taught it myself.

Don't listen to them, if that is what you want to do, insist on it. When I switched careers and took the computer programming program- in the admissions they made me take tests... some I did well on some not so much- the math I pretty much blew... she tried to get me to take the Administrative /Office Admin track... I said no.. I want to do the computer programming one. She certainly didn't have a lot of confidence in me. We started with 28 people. Only 14 graduated- while my GPA was.. middling I graduated and had great jobs (as a tester...) as a result. I also still enjoy learning and playing with programming.

Go for it- I'm rooting for you. Having a perfect score (and rare at that), they should be jumping for joy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back