Homosexuality

Did 'don't ask, don't tell' policy work for the military?

That's reason because heterosexual is majority since homosexual is minority, also more minority is offers to pride or event to support them.

It's called "PINOCCHIO'S PIZZA BY THE SLICE & SUBS", the address is:

122 Main Street
Northampton, MA 01060

and phone number:

(413) 586-8275

Hi Rabbit, I am surprised you live near Northampton, MA, That really is more of a lesbian town. I remember going to Northampton about 10 -15 years ago and they had some of the best pizza next door to a theatre but at that time it was Halloween so I think it was more of a museum in a theatre or something and that pizza shop was so small when I walked in to order some pizza and they truly are the world best pizza because they have everything, chicken pizza, vegetable pizza, I mean everything and you could see the pizza under the window on nicely placed racks. You could order by the slice or a whole pizza. It was mostly pick-up pizza because there really wasn't any place else to sit. I think they had only about 4 to 6 tables. That was it. That really was a very good place to eat pizza. I never have had pizza that so good ever since. Just wondering what the name of the pizza shop was please, if you know ?

It's called "PINOCCHIO'S PIZZA BY THE SLICE & SUBS", the address is:

122 Main Street
Northampton, MA 01060

and phone number:

(413) 586-8275

Yes, That is it. Thank you and if I go on my way to Boston again, I will be sure to stop in for some very good pizza. That is some really good pizza !!!!! :) :thumb:

Yes, That is it. Thank you and if I go on my way to Boston again, I will be sure to stop in for some very good pizza. That is some really good pizza !!!!! :) :thumb:

I agree, very good stuff! If you like mexican food there is a resturant (can't remember what it's called, it has a HUGE orange logo) that has REALLY good mexican food just a few doors down from it.

That's reason because heterosexual is majority since homosexual is minority, also more minority is offers to pride or event to support them.
While they are a minority, there's also an issue of excessive pride.

If a person was proud to be gay, good. He doesn't need to go around wearing a rainbow shirt with "I'M GAY!" on it and yelling, "WOOT! Gay Power!" That would certainly scare away others.

If a person was proud to be gay, good. He doesn't need to go around wearing a rainbow shirt with "I'M GAY!" on it and yelling, "WOOT! Gay Power!" That would certainly scare away others.

They aren't alone but there's Greek and Polish pride in Chicago area, also some of black pride, such as called black power or something like that.

VamPyroX, you might consider examining just why this bothers you so much. On the surface, it seems irrational and petty.

Our nation is chock FULL of people who express personal pride in their everyday lives... whether they're wearing t-shirts proclaiming their support for a particular political candidate (or party), sporting bumper stickers to that effect, putting signs up in their yard (or apartment windows) proclaiming their support... to people with the "Christian fish" symbol or "What Would Jesus Do?" bumper stickers on their vehicles, to anti (and pro) abortion bumper stickers, to "My Child is an Honor Roll student at XYZ High School" bumper stickers, to "I Love My Pet Schnauzer" bumper stickers, to Italian-Americans wearing t-shirts proclaiming "Italians Do It Better", to "Kiss Me, I'm Irish" sweatshirts, etc.

Get the point? While it's QUITE obvious that some foes of the homosexual community in our country (yourself included?) would seem to want to "keep gays in their place" by inhibiting their ability to have pride in who they are, I'm sorry to tell them (and you) that there's such a thing in this country as freedom of speech, which is the concept of the inherent human right to voice one's opinion publicly without fear of censorship or punishment.

The First Amendment to the United States Constitution says that Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of "speech." Note that the document uses the word "speech," although a long succession of court decisions has expanded this concept far beyond ordinary verbal communication. Protected expression now includes such non-verbal expression as wearing a symbol on one's clothing, dance movements, and a silent candlelight vigil.

My question to you is: why is that form of expression any more threatening to you that any of the ones I mentioned above? Why are gays and lesbians any less deserving of that basic human right that is the birthright of every other citizen of this nation?

If the parades bother you, don't watch them. But that's the simple solution. Getting to the root of just WHY it bothers you so much is likely a more difficult journey of self-discovery. Well, take it from someone who knows: self-discovery is oftentimes not easy, but it's worth it.

VamPyroX, you might consider examining just why this bothers you so much. On the surface, it seems irrational and petty.

Our nation is chock FULL of people who express personal pride in their everyday lives... whether they're wearing t-shirts proclaiming their support for a particular political candidate (or party), sporting bumper stickers to that effect, putting signs up in their yard (or apartment windows) proclaiming their support... to people with the "Christian fish" symbol or "What Would Jesus Do?" bumper stickers on their vehicles, to anti (and pro) abortion bumper stickers, to "My Child is an Honor Roll student at XYZ High School" bumper stickers, to "I Love My Pet Schnauzer" bumper stickers, to Italian-Americans wearing t-shirts proclaiming "Italians Do It Better", to "Kiss Me, I'm Irish" sweatshirts, etc.

Get the point? While it's QUITE obvious that some foes of the homosexual community in our country (yourself included?) would seem to want to "keep gays in their place" by inhibiting their ability to have pride in who they are, I'm sorry to tell them (and you) that there's such a thing in this country as freedom of speech, which is the concept of the inherent human right to voice one's opinion publicly without fear of censorship or punishment.

The First Amendment to the United States Constitution says that Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of "speech." Note that the document uses the word "speech," although a long succession of court decisions has expanded this concept far beyond ordinary verbal communication. Protected expression now includes such non-verbal expression as wearing a symbol on one's clothing, dance movements, and a silent candlelight vigil.

My question to you is: why is that form of expression any more threatening to you that any of the ones I mentioned above? Why are gays and lesbians any less deserving of that basic human right that is the birthright of every other citizen of this nation?

If the parades bother you, don't watch them. But that's the simple solution. Getting to the root of just WHY it bothers you so much is likely a more difficult journey of self-discovery. Well, take it from someone who knows: self-discovery is oftentimes not easy, but it's worth it.

Very well put! :gpost:

Is this thread about homosexual or pizza? :confused: it just made this thread turns to a different direction now.

I just asked a question because I had been through Northampton, MA before and had some of the world's best pizza there and I was just asking about where the name of the place was then you guys can go back to discussing the topic of homosexuality. I also had asked about the pizza in Northampton, MA a couple of years ago right here on alldeaf.com and I never really got an answer and now I did.

Thank you Rabbit and if I go to Boston then I will be sure to stop in for some awesome pizza. :) :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
Get the point? While it's QUITE obvious that some foes of the homosexual community in our country (yourself included?) would seem to want to "keep gays in their place" by inhibiting their ability to have pride in who they are

Firstly, let's not start jumping to conclusions, I didn't create this thread to start fights and if people start insulting and fighting I'm going to have the thread closed so let's try to be friendly here.

IMO, it's not just THIS form of pride that bothers me, I don't really like pride of any kind (I think it's slightly OK if you keep it to yourself and keep it IN CHECK), I'm a firm believer of the saying "Pride goes before a fall".

I think that if people prove their worth they wont have to MAKE others believe it by surrounding them with all kinds of things that tell them they should be accepting of whatever it is.

Yes it is a Lesbian town. I lived there for 4 years at Clarke School. So that's how I know. There's a college...Smith's College..that's for all women only. I am going back this June for first time since 1990!!! So I am kinda nervous because I haven't see friends for long time. So I am sure I'll be just fine!

I'll be sure to stop by that pizza place and try that pizza. There is other place called "PIG" I can't remember name of the pizza place...it has been too long. I think that's name of place. It is pretty good.

Hey Rabbit...if ya wanna meet somehow, PM me! :thumb:

Hi Rabbit, I am surprised you live near Northampton, MA, That really is more of a lesbian town. I remember going to Northampton about 10 -15 years ago and they had some of the best pizza next door to a theatre but at that time it was Halloween so I think it was more of a museum in a theatre or something and that pizza shop was so small when I walked in to order some pizza and they truly are the world best pizza because they have everything, chicken pizza, vegetable pizza, I mean everything and you could see the pizza under the window on nicely placed racks. You could order by the slice or a whole pizza. It was mostly pick-up pizza because there really wasn't any place else to sit. I think they had only about 4 to 6 tables. That was it. That really was a very good place to eat pizza. I never have had pizza that so good ever since. Just wondering what the name of the pizza shop was please, if you know ?

Mod Note:

Pizza information is showing up in this thread...unintentionally, but it would serve its purpose better if it was dealt in PMs or create a thread on it.

Got pizza? Go to the 'Food and Beverage' forum or use the PM feature here in AD....or better yet...go where they serve pizzas. :D

~RR

Firstly, let's not start jumping to conclusions, I didn't create this thread to start fights and if people start insulting and fighting I'm going to have the thread closed so let's try to be friendly here.

The proof, as they say, is in the pudding. Veiled insults are still insults. Reverse the implication of some of your and Vamp's posts, and I wonder how insulted YOU might feel, if the situations were reversed. Implying (or coming right out and SAYING) that having pride in being gay is something that should be "kept to one's self" is, in and of itself, insulting. So in that, my dear Rabbit, you fired the first salvo. I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, especially giving your reply to my first post... but that doesn't mean that I'm going to sit on my hands while I watch some posters here imply that gays/lesbians are less worthy than straight people.

IMO, it's not just THIS form of pride that bothers me, I don't really like pride of any kind (I think it's slightly OK if you keep it to yourself and keep it IN CHECK), I'm a firm believer of the saying "Pride goes before a fall".

And I'm a firm believer in "Live, and let live". Sorry to hear that pride of any kind bothers you (although to be honest, I find that a little hard to believe), but the fact remains that people deserve to feel pride in themselves for who they are, and to be quite honest, they don't really need your approval (or anyone else's) to do so.

I think that if people prove their worth they wont have to MAKE others believe it by surrounding them with all kinds of things that tell them they should be accepting of whatever it is.

Which came first, the chicken, or the egg? I wonder why there might be a NEED for pride (gay, black, deaf, whatever). Could it be that there are people in this world who will go out of their way to constantly remind people that are "different" that they are not "equal to everybody else that's normal"?? Pride in who you are is less about the "boastful" kind of pride (that you say goeth before the fall), and more about the "self-esteem" kind. So, saying to someone that they're not deserving of taking pride in who they are is akin to saying they're not deserving of self-esteem. To which I say, :bs:!

And as for proving someone's worth... who has been appointed to judge whether someone is worthy? You? I'm sorry, but that statement made by you is ALSO offensive. You claim you didn't start this thread to start fights... but I wonder if you're giving enough consideration to how your own words are inflammatory.

Or... was your intention different than what you've claimed?

I have gay symbol of flag and my sig is about gay rights..

that why i annouce i'm gay because.. i want more ppl to realize me instead of ignoring me
because i dont have equal rights as straight's rights!

I have gay symbol of flag and my sig is about gay rights..

that why i annouce i'm gay because.. i want more ppl to realize me instead of ignoring me
because i dont have equal rights as straight's rights!

Wow I didnt even know that was a gay symbol flag and thanks for giving me that information. Beautiful colours in those flag and just thought it was a rainbow colours but when u explain it i can now understand ur purpose of flying that flag. Good for you to announce to all of u of ur status and i respect you for that.

Back