Home Renovation/Construction

Sales taxes included in gas when u buy to drive up.

Your very welcome.

If it were my SUV, I can buy anywhere cheap and it last me a long time. For example when I need go to next town for something, and theres tax free fuel on indian reservation, I fill up to brim and come back home with 44 gal of Diesel. Summer time, a tank would last me about 950 miles.

Is it sounds like VAT in gas price? :hmm:

Just got the estimate for refacing our kitchen cabinets. Includes all new hardware, new doors and drawers plus making some basic changes. Was $4000 over what I expected and my estimate was a lot higher than what my husband thought. CRAZY!!!!

:shock:

Crazy, right? We do have a really large kitchen. They count each door and drawer as one panel, we have close to 50 panels. We looked into having everything sanded down and painted. That was roughly $7000 but it would take about 5 weeks of a huge mess and the smell is horrible so I would have to be out of the house. With that, I couldn't make any changes like making a cabinet into deep drawers etc. Plus it would not look as nice as getting everything new. Hopefully, I can find something more reasonable.

We are still packing up the house getting ready for new carpet. Finding some nice keepsakes that have been hidden away for years.

Just got the estimate for refacing our kitchen cabinets. Includes all new hardware, new doors and drawers plus making some basic changes. Was $4000 over what I expected and my estimate was a lot higher than what my husband thought. CRAZY!!!!
Angel, Are there any Carpenter Unions close to you? Sometimes you can call them and if they are training apprentices they will sometimes do side work to train them and its a hecka lot cheaper than hiring a Master Carpenter. Although they do train under a master carpenter, its more like a teacher and student deal with them.... they get valuable experiences and you get a lovely kitchen and other work done cheaper. Just check all the details with them ( buying materials, and time frame for work...ect... Just an idea if you want to look into it. Not all unions do it, but some do.... and some may have laid off carpenters looking for side work... still cheaper.

Angel, Are there any Carpenter Unions close to you? Sometimes you can call them and if they are training apprentices they will sometimes do side work to train them and its a hecka lot cheaper than hiring a Master Carpenter. Although they do train under a master carpenter, its more like a teacher and student deal with them.... they get valuable experiences and you get a lovely kitchen and other work done cheaper. Just check all the details with them ( buying materials, and time frame for work...ect... Just an idea if you want to look into it. Not all unions do it, but some do.... and some may have laid off carpenters looking for side work... still cheaper.

What about hire foreigners to install kitchen cabinets for cheap labor cost? :lol:

My bad, it is best interest to support American workers.

About floor heating, I don't have heated floor but I do have a boiler and baseboard heater (hydronic) from the 50's. Although The boiler been updated in the 80's . I love it compare to our heat pump . we have both heat pump and boiler so I was able to compare....we use the heat pump for the A/C. if I ever move and want to remodel our house, I want a hydronic heating system, I just don't know if I want to do heated floor, but I definitely want to do the baseboard if not flooring.

Last edited:
There is update... I fixed it.

image1%201_zpsodtgonfy.jpg

Just need long nail and power drill to secure the nail tightly.
Since the screws have stripped on the jamb side there are two easy fixes: put a wood match into the holes with a little glue and let it dry, then snap off the part of the match sticking out and reinstall the screws, it will be as good as new, or you can just put a 3" screw through the jamb into the stud and fix it that way. A nail will loosen up eventually, no matter how you put it in.

Stupid lawmakers!

Whenever these fart gets burned, it will produce carbon monoxide. Without burning, Carbon Monoxide can not be produced.
Methane(found in farts) is the most prevalent green house gas in the world. It can also kill you just like carbon monoxide does.

It said cooking ranges produce Carbon monoxide so does this mean electric stoves too?
Not in your house, but unless the electricity in your area comes from nuclear power, solar or wind, it will come from burning either natural gas or coal which produces carbon monoxide.

They are great, but I'd choose Quartz as these granite does emit radon, cancer causing agent. It may not affect everyone, but to some people, they might better off with Quartz.
I have a friend who fabricates and installs granite. He always checks the stone with a geiger counter to see how much radiation it is giving off, if it's above a certain level he won't work on it. A doctor I know had her counters removed after finding out they were giving off 8 rams and hour and replaced them with corian.

I agree with you 100% toilets overflow all the time when clogged ( reason for the new law and all for the 3 gallon or less per flush compared to the older 5 gallon or more per flush.
You have not been able to legally buy a 3.5 gallon toilet in the U.S. since 1992, the legal limit now is 1.6 gallon per flush. The big problem with low flow toilets have been their inability to send the solid waste down the line and cities have needed to add water to the sewers to keep the solids moving. Where I live they have needed to periodically added up to 10,000 gallons of water into the sewers to clean them out.

You have not been able to legally buy a 3.5 gallon toilet in the U.S. since 1992, the legal limit now is 1.6 gallon per flush. The big problem with low flow toilets have been their inability to send the solid waste down the line and cities have needed to add water to the sewers to keep the solids moving. Where I live they have needed to periodically added up to 10,000 gallons of water into the sewers to clean them out.
Yep, dont be surprised uncle same bans the low flows and re-instate the high flows....lol

Back