Hi--first post here!

piglet

Reaction score
I enjoy reading the variety of opinions and ideas on many different topics here, so thought that I would chime in! I'm HoH and have been mainstreamed since 4th grade. Didn't learn to sign until my mom and I took sign classes when I was a senior in HS for the fun of it. Looking forward to "chatting" with you all in the forums!

Welcome! :) Do you enjoy sign language? I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Thanks for the welcome all!

Deaflibrarian, Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and all are all out here in the forest where I live. Seriously I do live right in the forest!!

Ziusudra, yes I do enjoy using signs. I don't get to use it as much as I used to when I was in college when I hanged out with lots of people who were deaf. I can't carry on a very technical conversation in sign (say about chemistry, molecules, etc.) but can usually do fine in conversing about general topics or ones that I'm familiar with. I do better receptively than expressively. It's the other way around for fingerspelling though!

Welcome to AD! :) Hope you enjoy perusing through threads after threads and learning new things as you go through. :D

Back