Hey uhhh I need some advice.

Wolfboy

Reaction score
I got a birdnest between my a/c in the window of my room. I first heard chirping so I went to check it out and I found the nest. This is the second time I found a nest. So I want to remove it but when I look deeper I saw some chicks in them. First time was empty now this time chicks are in there. Thier chirping is really annoying me when Im doing my work for school but I really dont want to move them cuz the mother aint gonna get to them. Plus they are stinking up my room with dust that the wind are blowing in. So any advice what should I do in this situation or just bear with it for a couple months till they fly away?

BTW how long does it take for them to be old enough to fly?

Try to move the AC to another window and leave the nest there. :D I hope it will work. :dunno:

Wolfboy said:
I got a birdnest between my a/c in the window of my room. I first heard chirping so I went to check it out and I found the nest. This is the second time I found a nest. So I want to remove it but when I look deeper I saw some chicks in them. First time was empty now this time chicks are in there. Thier chirping is really annoying me when Im doing my work for school but I really dont want to move them cuz the mother aint gonna get to them. Plus they are stinking up my room with dust that the wind are blowing in. So any advice what should I do in this situation or just bear with it for a couple months till they fly away?

BTW how long does it take for them to be old enough to fly?
Curious... did you ever touch these birds?

Wolfboy said:
No. I know if you touch them the mother wont come for them.
Whew okay. I don't have any idea or suggestion to help you out :-/

Their mother comes and go or disappeared?

I know some bird species would abandon their nest to predators without a fight. Let's hope the mother will return.

avg about 6 to 10 days for chicks to be out and flying. not much longer. we have chicks of robin.. they nested, had eggs, had chicks, chicks flew out all in three weeks.

we call this robin bird, robin slut... she s been nesting here like 4 to 6 times from spring to fall.. image all the chicks... :roll:

Depends on the bird but you don't have to wait too long; try to be patient. We have birds regularly nest in weird places at our house, and we just put up with it for a 2-3 weeks, and then they are gone.

If you don't want them to come back, you need to remove the nest after they leave, and watch out for new nests every year. Next time you see a bird begin building a nest you need to prevent it. If the bird thinks that is a good place, they will come back every year.

Baby Birds

Wow, you are so lucky! I think that would be an amazing experience to watch those little birds grow and start to fly. It won't be long and they will be gone and you will be all the better for this wonderful experience!

From my experience..
baby birds should be fly within less 2 weeks after born..
so it wont takes long .. since its time of year..
they should be out flying by next week.. :)
plug your ears.. lol :)

Sometimes just removing the nest doesn't work. There was a nest in a high traffic area at my folks' business. My father noticed the nest, didn't think it was a good place for a nest and removed it. The bird built another one in the same spot. He removed it again. She then threw together a third one in the same spot. Funny thing is, the first nest was well constructed, the second was not quite as nice, but the third one was sloppily thrown together as if she was in quite a hurry to get those eggs laid!

call vet.. they will tell you what to do remove all nest/ birds , with leather gloves to move other side of ac or whatever it is .. or til they leaving their nest then you can using up with ac!! ..

:)

TOF

Well they still annoy me but eh being deaf is greatest gift :D I cant move the ac otherwise the preds will get them. I live across the fence to a forest reserve and that area got eagles. Yes the mother still comes and go. Its kinda cool to watch them upclose thru a hole where they cant see me its like real live animal planet :D As soon they fly away Im removing the nest and place a cardboard to block the side and bottom of ac.

Back