Hey Steel!!!

The*Empress

Reaction score
If you have a half white and half black child... and if he or she faces all the racial tensions at school or somewhere else...
And he or she comes home crying cause he or she is different...

What would you do? Knowing how cruel kids can be these days.

My nephew is light skinned, but he saw kids that are half white and half black... and he treated them different because they have funny looking curly hair and strange skin color... And he was scared to play with them at first.
But other black children played with my nephew but not the biracial kids.

What would you say to your half black and half white child?

yeah but I remember in tv class at CSUN, the dark skinned girl sat behind me, mentioned something about light skinned black people,
she made me feel so bad.

She said in 1950's, light skinned black actors don't play maids and butler and other roles in tv....
She was talking about Lena Horne, Dorothy Dandridge, and Harry Belfonte.

But that isn't true.... :-o
Because look at Sidney Poitier, all his roles in movies and tv are good....

Dang, even in California, Black people jealous of light skinned people.

and then in AOL Black Chatroom, a Black woman said that
Beyonce had to be in the middle most of the time in Destiny's Child because
she is the lightest..

And then she said about Beyonce acting white cause her hair is blonde.
And also she said Alicia Keyes is top singer, cause she is light skinned...

And also Halle Berry, she said that Halle is too upfront.

She said Toni Braxton, Ashanti, and other darkskinned entertainers won't last long in spotlight.

And Michael Jackson doesn't wanna be black.

That isn't true, we have Denzel Washington.

everyone is mutt ! like for instance, i am part of cherokee, scottie and etc. why should we care about the skin colors?

I agree with everyone here.. I am half latino and half white.. so what?? I do look more like white but still got some latino inside of me.. who cares??

It doesn't matter about skin color....it's the INSIDE is what counts. :) I agree with everyone....skin color shouldn't matter to anybody.

:angel: So many people are so critical about the color of other peoples skin. Skin color shouldn't matter, God put us all on this earth to learn to love each other. We should always accept the other person for who they really are, not for what color their skin is, or what they look like. These people are human too just like we are. We should learn to get along together.
As for our children, we need to talk to them and let them know that we don't ignore other children because they are different. Children are so resilient, that they overlook things, and bounce right back. Children can be more understanding than most adults.

CODAchild said:
:angel: So many people are so critical about the color of other peoples skin. Skin color shouldn't matter, God put us all on this earth to learn to love each other. We should always accept the other person for who they really are, not for what color their skin is, or what they look like. These people are human too just like we are. We should learn to get along together.
As for our children, we need to talk to them and let them know that we don't ignore other children because they are different. Children are so resilient, that they overlook things, and bounce right back. Children can be more understanding than most adults.
*Amen* i agree with u!!!

racheleggert said:
I agree with everyone here.. I am half latino and half white.. so what?? I do look more like white but still got some latino inside of me.. who cares??
Latino isn't white? :confused:

you sure ask the strangest and most pointless questions...

if I find out how cruel kids can be to her at school or anywhere else, then I would go over to the parents of their kids and complain to what they were doing to my kid and even go to the school to complain about that as well but otherwise if that just doesn't work, there's always better places to live than living in a racist county or whatever like that.

like everyone says here, SKIN COLOR DO NOT MATTER!

Miss*Pinocchio said:
If you have a half white and half black child... and if he or she faces all the racial tensions at school or somewhere else...
And he or she comes home crying cause he or she is different...

What would you do? Knowing how cruel kids can be these days.

My nephew is light skinned, but he saw kids that are half white and half black... and he treated them different because they have funny looking curly hair and strange skin color... And he was scared to play with them at first.
But other black children played with my nephew but not the biracial kids.

What would you say to your half black and half white child?
I dunno about others but I personally think that half-American African and half-Caucasian is beauitful. Of course, every race have their own beauty but I want to imply that about half-half you brought up in this topic.

Now I want to echo what other members said in this topic: who cares?

I do not care about the skin colors. What I really care about are the attitudes and actions.

Back