Help Keep AllDeaf Free By Making A Donation

Yeah the VIP is still available, I think

Wolf --> Idiot.

I am more than happy to give Alex... a cool $10 million Zimbabwe bill! Can you imagine what Alex could do with that money? :)

Seriously though... I will be donating soon, using Australian currency...

It is easy to set up, but connecting it to your bank account will take few days to be ready to be used

this is very interesting, not that I'm going to donate to get a VIP tag, but i will if ALex gives a detailed account of the running costs of this site, after all if the members are asked to donate, it's their rights to see wheer their money is going and how the site is being run, so can you please post the last years accounts and the running costs, where it all goes etc, I was under the impression this is a free hosting, obviously wrong, post the accounts and I will donate :)

Last edited:
this is very interesting, not that I'm going to donate to get a VIP tag, but i will if ALex gives a detailed accounts of the runnign costs of this site, after all if the members are asked to donate, it's their rights to see wheer their money is going and how the site is being run, so can you please post the last years accounts and the running costs, where it all goes etc, I was under the impression this is a free hosting, obviously wrong, post the accounts and I will donate :)

Check the first post of this thread.

Check the first post of this thread.

I did, and it's all rather vague, and nowhere near accountable, in a free hosting site(if this is one) i fail to see where the costs are incurred, so if alex could humour me and the people who donate, print the accounts, costs etc, I'm sure it's pretty straightforward, I run my own business, i know how it works, if asked for money clients are entitled to a breakdown of costs and where it goes, the first thread offers no insight to that, so perhaps he could humour us...
if it's a charity, in the Uk you must publish your accounts, if it's a business you also need to show your accounts for tax reasons, forgive my asking but I don't give out cash just because someone asks for it, I think everyone who has donated is entitled to see where their money is going, or gone
i look forward to seeing the acounts as im sure others will too

Last edited:
You can PM him otherwise, dn't expect a quick reply -- he is a very very very busy man.

You can PM him otherwise, dn't expect a quick reply -- he is a very very very busy man.

thanks I have done so and wait in earnest for a suitable response, I am sure it will come when he has time< i can't find no record of accounts so far..

prehaps, for the sake of AD, he won't have the opportunity to tell, so don't put your hopes high.

prehaps, for the sake of AD, he won't have the opportunity to tell, so don't put your hopes high.

I'm sure he will be able to, it can only benefit the site knowing what the money is being used for, perhaps when the costs are broken down there will be even more donatitions to help him cover "his" costs.

I can't think of any reason why it would be detrimental to alldeaf being run fairly, after all I'm sure the donations fall far short from alex's outlay, but acounts will show that I'm sure.

I have never used paypal... Is it hard to use/setup?

Pretty simple, but it does take some time to confirm and set everything up properly. Once you do, paypal's like the most normal desired payment for most non-cc stuff online. Probably like 80% of ebay uses paypal. That's 80% of however million items they sell.

Site's been running since 2002 man, it's been a good 7 years about.

Let's do some quick math for figures.
-Domain hosting, used to be more expensive, but super cheap now, so let's say $15/year for good measure. Could've gotten a multi year plan.
-Webserver hosting, probably another $20/year average, and same as above ""
-vBulletin license, he did mention he runs several websites as well, so let's say probably 2 licenses at minimum. According to VB, that's $180x2 for 2.
Totals: $105 + $140 + $360 = $605 US already.

Thanks, guys.

For those that want to know, see the dedicated server specs at: http://www.alldeaf.com/announcements/4583-server-specifications.html

Then go to my parent hosting company's website at Welcome to SoftLayer and you'll see that a dedicated server with the same specs as mine will come to almost $400 a month.

Here's the breakdown:

$400 X 12 months = $4,800
Yearly Domain Renewal = $10.20
Yearly Forum License Renewal = $60
The yearly total = $4,870.20

The members (45) listed in this thread have donated about $20 each. Total comes to about $900 for both 2007 and 2008.

If you do the math, you'll understand why I have the donations thread here. I've been paying mostly out of my pocket for almost 7 years (2002) to keep AD running. It's up to members if they want to help out, or not.

Have a great day!

Wow, little did I know we had a dedicated server.
That drives the yearly prices up, way up, no way our total donations have covered that yet.

Big appreciation goes out to Alex for what you've been doing.

Thanks, guys.

For those that want to know, see the dedicated server specs at: http://www.alldeaf.com/announcements/4583-server-specifications.html

Then go to my parent hosting company's website at Welcome to SoftLayer and you'll see that a dedicated server with the same specs as mine will come to almost $400 a month.

Here's the breakdown:

The members (45) listed in this thread have donated about $20 each. Total comes to about $900 for both 2007 and 2008.

If you do the math, you'll understand why I have the donations thread here. I've been paying mostly out of my pocket for almost 7 years (2002) to keep AD running. It's up to members if they want to help out, or not.

Have a great day!

That's a nice breakdown. Keep up with the good work, Alex.

Thanks, guys.

Here's the breakdown:

Have a great day!

Wow Alex, you are good.

Back