HELP! help! help! I don´t want to lose

Try build drywall or shed or others over 15 feet tall to set up outside then put your plant in new build inside then you can come outside and go inside build to check on your plant ? :dunno:

I aint good at plants very well lol

If your plants are very tall and no room for them, then I would suggest you to donate them to a college greenhouse. I don't know whether they are willing to do that.

Perhaps, you could put them on the stairway (first floor) so that they have the opportunity to continue grow all the way up to second floor. Then, put some colorful lights (LED lights) on them for Christmas. That would be cool. Smile!

My palm tree died earlier this year. I grew it from a pit several years ago. I am okay with it now as it solved my problem of moving it when I move out of state (in the future).

Liebing, love your room - the wall, the trimming near the ceiling, and especially the ceiling light fixture. It looks very unusual to me.

wow, Amazing!
Remmy I offered you previous post cannot remmy when..
Why don't you break the ceiling.. LOL

Kidding.. But i do not know about this one yudda. sorry..
Try look into the internet and would be benefits helpful for you tips.. :dunno:

Your idea of the hole comment is located on the first page of this thread. :)

Leib - I hope things goes well with your yucca.. It looks lovely. ;)

If your plants are very tall and no room for them, then I would suggest you to donate them to a college greenhouse. I don't know whether they are willing to do that.

Perhaps, you could put them on the stairway (first floor) so that they have the opportunity to continue grow all the way up to second floor. Then, put some colorful lights (LED lights) on them for Christmas. That would be cool. Smile!

I doubt it she willing to do it :lol:.. She would said NOOOOOOOOOOOO .. I am sure she like to keep in her home not to donate it lol :lol:

What did you finally do with the tree? It has been a few months since the first post. I had a small palm that looked a lot like that. It was not really a palm but I don't know what it was called. I didn't want to kill it but it was too tall and grew fast. I figured most plants that can survive a severe trim will also grow from a cutting-that means if you expose a stem to damp soil it will grow roots. I decided to test it by taking a piece of cloth (I think I used an old cloth diaper) and folding it so it would hold potting soil without the dirt falling through it. I put 2 or 3 small cuts in the stem so the tree would be able to get nutrients and water at that part of the trunk and I covered a 5 or 6 inch section of the stem over and under the cuts with a damp lump of potting soil and wrapped it tightly with the cloth. I kept the top and bottom edge tied very tight so it would not slide. I kept it wet by pouring water on the fabric until it was damp all the way through and let it get almost dry before wetting it again just like watering a regular plant. After about a month I gently peeled a little of the fabric away and brushed the soil off enough to see that there were little roots appearing where the soil was. I wrapped it again and let the roots grow a couple more weeks until I thought it could be planted then I cut the stem a few inches below the roots to how tall I wanted the "momma tree" to be and planted the top piece. The top piece grew very well by itself with its little roots and the momma tree grew 2 branches where it was cut. It became a prettier plant with branches so every time it got tall I trimmed it again. I ended up with a porch full of them.

Inspired by this posting, I went checking to see if there were forums (within AllDeaf.com) for gardening-related topics.

Can someone direct me to where?

Wokamuka, :ty: for your feedback

http://www.alldeaf.com/883072-post58.html

the problem is winter weather here in Germany. Did you know there´re types of yuccas.

The one Yucca, I have in 2nd living room is not for outside... Yuccas need limited from 60 D, not less than 60 D. You have a good weather around a year in your country, it could be more than 60 D right? For winter here in Germany is the problem is under 60 D or less than minus... brrrrrrrr...

Look at your third pictures, I do have similar yucca at my garden. It can live under 60 D.

There´re many different yucca types.

Inspired by this posting, I went checking to see if there were forums (within AllDeaf.com) for gardening-related topics.

Can someone direct me to where?

I am afraid, we don´t have any section for gardening. We use General Chat for feedback to any flowers, plants, etc.

I think you should create a thread under suggestion section to suggest for add a new section for gardening. ?

I think guestrichardson gave the best advice.

House plants aren't intended to overwhelm the room they are in. They should stay proportional to their space for maximum positive effect. When they get too large they sometimes begin to distort (growing crooked), or get "leggy" (too more bare space on the stalk). When they get too large, it's better to start over again rather than chop them smaller.

If you can start "babies" from the mother plant, that can be a rewarding experience. Just think, you will have a second generation from your favorite plant. :)

The sad fact is, plants have a limited lifespan. They get to a point where they have "paid their dues", and it's time to move on. Plants aren't intended to live forever; they're supposed to carry on thru new generations.

If you cut it down and start new babies, you can still display a nice photo of the mother plant to show people. You can point to the babies, and then point to the picture, and say, "this is the mother plant." Then you will have a nice story to go with your plants. :)

I told my hubby about your suggestion. I thought your suggestion is good but... we have toooo many plants around in the house... We don´t know where should we put "mother plant"... We are still thinking about your suggestion.

We are still waiting for babies then we are able to breed but it doesn´t come... it did come twice before. I breed and gave my friends as gifts.

My hubby´s co-worker told him to cut yucca off and put special wax cream on it. (special wax for garden only). It takes a long waiting to let one or two babies grow out when wax cream is on the top... I told my hubby that I don´t want to threw yucca away after cut off... My hubby will try to save cut off yucca... then we will introduce that "mother yucca" like what you suggest here. Wait and see... I will update when we feel sure and ready to cut it off. We need 100% sure first before we prepare...

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

It´s scrooge of me... :giggle:

Yes, that´s what I thought about move yucca to stairway where there´re over 30 or more feet tall but my hubby think it´s not good idea... what if one of us and cats have stair accident and fall down to yucca. You know yucca´s leaf are very shape. It´s not safety.

My palm tree died earlier this year. I grew it from a pit several years ago. I am okay with it now as it solved my problem of moving it when I move out of state (in the future).

Liebing, love your room - the wall, the trimming near the ceiling, and especially the ceiling light fixture. It looks very unusual to me.

:ty: for nice compliment about my living room.

How long you had it before it died?

What did you finally do with the tree? It has been a few months since the first post. I had a small palm that looked a lot like that. It was not really a palm but I don't know what it was called. I didn't want to kill it but it was too tall and grew fast. I figured most plants that can survive a severe trim will also grow from a cutting-that means if you expose a stem to damp soil it will grow roots. I decided to test it by taking a piece of cloth (I think I used an old cloth diaper) and folding it so it would hold potting soil without the dirt falling through it. I put 2 or 3 small cuts in the stem so the tree would be able to get nutrients and water at that part of the trunk and I covered a 5 or 6 inch section of the stem over and under the cuts with a damp lump of potting soil and wrapped it tightly with the cloth. I kept the top and bottom edge tied very tight so it would not slide. I kept it wet by pouring water on the fabric until it was damp all the way through and let it get almost dry before wetting it again just like watering a regular plant. After about a month I gently peeled a little of the fabric away and brushed the soil off enough to see that there were little roots appearing where the soil was. I wrapped it again and let the roots grow a couple more weeks until I thought it could be planted then I cut the stem a few inches below the roots to how tall I wanted the "momma tree" to be and planted the top piece. The top piece grew very well by itself with its little roots and the momma tree grew 2 branches where it was cut. It became a prettier plant with branches so every time it got tall I trimmed it again. I ended up with a porch full of them.

:ty: for interesting post and feedback. I will check with my hubby about your post.

What about cream wax on the top after cut off yucca palm?

hehe cute lieb i bet your yucca is your baby lol
i hope you can solve the yucca problem and save it

Solved at last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ty: everyone for feedback...

We got mixed feeling when we have to cut yucca palm off... which my hubby did last April 2008 into pieces...

This is last picture, I took last April. I saw 2 babies grow on both side for a first time yesterday. I will take a picture of them tonight.

This is top of mother's plant :)ty: for Reba's suggestion offer). Last picture last April... it grow bigger... I will take update pictures of them tonight.

Very interesting about those small one... :eek3: My hubby put pieces (woods) to basket for use fire-place.. to keep 2 plants (see above)... My hubby was about threw that one and saw 2 babies already there... :eek3: My hubby do something with wax on the top of wood and put in the pot straight way... It grow real fast than we expected last April... It grow quite good... I will update the picture of them tonight...

Now I have 3 yucca plants... :P *phew* buttttttt...it's time for us to consider Euphorbia cactus - it's over 8 feet now... :eek3: see that first of third picture of Euphorbia cactus above.

That's great your Yucca plants are thriving. :)

Back