Hello!

Aspiring

Reaction score
Hello all! My name is Megan. I hope you don't mind me joining your forum, as I am not Deaf or hard-of-hearing (although my hearing is a little wacky from time-to-time). My avatar actually says "going deaf" underneath the headphones, because I figure that I will be deaf at least by the time I'm 30 if not sooner. (Many years of sitting in front of loud trumpet players has led to TV volume adjustments and the like.)

I put my name as "Aspiring" because I am aspiring to teach or work at a deaf school near where I live. I am not just hoping to "help" as much as "inspire," and I believe God has called me to work in the Deaf community.

Please don't disregard me as a silly hearing girl who has no Deaf family (it is true, though, I have no Deaf family members), because I find myself identifying with you so much. I understand so many views about all kinds of things from education to stupid doctors and the like. I also have something that makes me different from most everyone else. However, other people like me do not take pride in it because it is not something that makes anyone happy.

I am currently enrolled as a Deaf Studies major at Ohlone College in Fremont, CA. I am taking my first ASL class (although I had already looked at different ASL books) from a wonderful teacher named "Bunny" Klopping. Most of all, I am excited to be so enveloped in the Deaf community, seeing all the beautiful signs everywhere I turn. One day, I will move to Fremont for good.

So, there's my long intro... Gosh, I type a lot. Sorry about the eye-full.
-Megan

Hello all! My name is Megan. I hope you don't mind me joining your forum, as I am not Deaf or hard-of-hearing (although my hearing is a little wacky from time-to-time). My avatar actually says "going deaf" underneath the headphones, because I figure that I will be deaf at least by the time I'm 30 if not sooner. (Many years of sitting in front of loud trumpet players has led to TV volume adjustments and the like.)

I put my name as "Aspiring" because I am aspiring to teach or work at a deaf school near where I live. I am not just hoping to "help" as much as "inspire," and I believe God has called me to work in the Deaf community.

Please don't disregard me as a silly hearing girl who has no Deaf family (it is true, though, I have no Deaf family members), because I find myself identifying with you so much. I understand so many views about all kinds of things from education to stupid doctors and the like. I also have something that makes me different from most everyone else. However, other people like me do not take pride in it because it is not something that makes anyone happy.

I am currently enrolled as a Deaf Studies major at Ohlone College in Fremont, CA. I am taking my first ASL class (although I had already looked at different ASL books) from a wonderful teacher named "Bunny" Klopping. Most of all, I am excited to be so enveloped in the Deaf community, seeing all the beautiful signs everywhere I turn. One day, I will move to Fremont for good.

-Megan

:welcome: Megan (Aspiring) to Alldeaf forum! No, it is not a eye-full. Just feel free to say whatever you feel like to say, only try not to overdo too much. I do like to talk long subject sometimes. I am deaf and native(Cree/Cherokee) housewife from Canada. There are lot of hearing people and hard of hearing too. No problem! :wave:

-Megan

G'day Megan..... All of the first before I can say 'Arrgh, matey!'....Welcome to AllDeaf! We, Aders won't bite :lol:

I am deaf australian and I love to welcome new people in our world 'famous' deaf forum, before roadrunner could welcome you, I was here first to say that will make friends quickily in a blink of an eye. ;) And I am sure you will enjoy the forum, have fun! ;)

Roadrunner: Sorry, mate :lol:

welcome to the forum
i am deaf as well and no it is not a eye-full just feel free to do what you feel smile

Welcome

-Megan
Welcome megan,
we are all here to support and encourage one another in any way we can, so be yourself, and don't be afraid to express yourself.
I am hearing as well but involved with the deaf community. God has givin me a very strong passion as well, write me anytime.i'm also with ASL.
EsthersCrown

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf! Interesting introduction..hope you'll enjoy your stay here in AD! :)

:wave:
~RR

:welcome: and enjoy your stay! I love your introduction! Hearies are welcome here, no matter how their backgrounds are!! :thumb:

welcomeiy1.gif

Back