Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea i will try talk with dr this nov 8 abt this and see what happen

Yep, I'm with Jeremy on this one, What is the doctor going to do if you don't come up with 2,000.00 by then? Is he just going to let you die? I doubt it. I'm sure there will be some kind of arrangement to set up payment plan. There are people out in the society who are on a low-income budget, they have to be able to work something out for them in order to save a life. That's the doctor's duty, to try to save a person the best way they know how. :)

If I were you, Tweetybirdie, I'll not wait until Nov. 8th to find out, Find out now while you have a chance. It's a life and death situation, it's best to talk to the doctor now than later. ;)

i agree with cheri with this
and ALL of us are worried about you and your health smile

HUGS

Tweety..

To be honest, I read all through this posts..
It doesnt sound right..

myself had herina surgery twice/tube tied .. I had medicaid, but didnt cover all... the left over bills, I cant afford.. its like over 3,000 something.. so the hospital charity helped to pay the coverage..
Try to ask Hospital chairty program.. or community hospital program.. I am sure they have some kind of program to help patients.. they cant accept or turn you down if you are needed be in surgery.. what's more Doctor doesn't sound right to me.. I never pay $ first to dr all that stuff.. I recommend you go 2nd opnion dr..

whats more, I am going through few difficulties lately, because our health insurance wont cover Marsha's surgery and my surger in coming up few weeks and months.. All that struggles , I want Marsha to have surgery... the hospital send me to Medical Assistance with paper works to proof that Marsha need surgery.. after long 2 weeks.. Finally Medical Assistance send letter that she is approved.. so now she needs to go few trips to MRI and dermatology and tests before she go in for surgery.. I am sorry I cant say what surgery she needs to be.. till the tests results.. its our 2nd opnion dr.. so we have to do REDO!.. but it worth it though..

Tweety.. why dont you try go to Hospital community program or charity program to see if they can help you cover.. OR.. go to different 2nd opnion.. whats more.. If I am in your shoe.. I would gone to hospital and talk to one of surgery dr and social worker to make sure that you need that surgery or not... and paying dr first..

good luck. you are in my prayers.. :)

Yep, I'm with Jeremy on this one, What is the doctor going to do if you don't come up with 2,000.00 by then? Is he just going to let you die? I doubt it. I'm sure there will be some kind of arrangement to set up payment plan. There are people out in the society who are on a low-income budget, they have to be able to work something out for them in order to save a life. That's the doctor's duty, to try to save a person the best way they know how. :)

If I were you, Tweetybirdie, I'll not wait until Nov. 8th to find out, Find out now while you have a chance. It's a life and death situation, it's best to talk to the doctor now than later. ;)

no u dont get it.. my appt is on nov 8th to see dr again cuz of serious discuss abt gastric are risk! that why

Tweety..

To be honest, I read all through this posts..
It doesnt sound right..

myself had herina surgery twice/tube tied .. I had medicaid, but didnt cover all... the left over bills, I cant afford.. its like over 3,000 something.. so the hospital charity helped to pay the coverage..
Try to ask Hospital chairty program.. or community hospital program.. I am sure they have some kind of program to help patients.. they cant accept or turn you down if you are needed be in surgery.. what's more Doctor doesn't sound right to me.. I never pay $ first to dr all that stuff.. I recommend you go 2nd opnion dr..

whats more, I am going through few difficulties lately, because our health insurance wont cover Marsha's surgery and my surger in coming up few weeks and months.. All that struggles , I want Marsha to have surgery... the hospital send me to Medical Assistance with paper works to proof that Marsha need surgery.. after long 2 weeks.. Finally Medical Assistance send letter that she is approved.. so now she needs to go few trips to MRI and dermatology and tests before she go in for surgery.. I am sorry I cant say what surgery she needs to be.. till the tests results.. its our 2nd opnion dr.. so we have to do REDO!.. but it worth it though..

Tweety.. why dont you try go to Hospital community program or charity program to see if they can help you cover.. OR.. go to different 2nd opnion.. whats more.. If I am in your shoe.. I would gone to hospital and talk to one of surgery dr and social worker to make sure that you need that surgery or not... and paying dr first..

good luck. you are in my prayers.. :)

yea i know what u mean... yea i did went 2nd opnion dr and they are same talk stuff so i will see dr appt on nov 8th and discuss more deeply... i will ask them abt this.. thanks explain abt this

hope everything ok for ur kid.. :hug:

Tweetybirdie,

I hope this links will help...

Most insurance companies will pay for gastric bypass surgery procedures that are medically necessary. Morbid obesity is a life threatening disease and it is normally covered

Effective August 1, 2002, the Division of Medical Assistance implemented a new process for approval of gastric bypass surgery.

Aetna Insurance is now asking for the patients entire medical work-up along with the pre-authorization request as well as documented weight loss attempts supervised by a physician for the last 2 years. They also want documented weight history for the last 5 years.

Many insurance plans do not provide reimbursement for weight loss treatment. According to many practitioners, few private insurance indemnity plans or managed care organizations appear to cover the costs of obesity treatment regardless of whether the service is a medically supervised program of weight reduction or maintenance, nutrition counseling, surgery or a pharmaceutical product. The countless number of available insurance plans and ever changing policies have made it difficult to assess the extent to which obesity treatment and prevention services are covered by third party insurers. More data and better tracking is necessary to determine the health needs of persons with obesity.

OBESITY SURGERY CENTER - INSURANCE INFORMATION

It says that Medicaid does not cover obesity but risk life....

An appointment with doctor on 8th November doesn´t solve anything... Writing a letter is the best... If your doctor think your case is in danger then he has to appeal in WRITING on your behalf... One for insurance and copied for you to keep...

The insurance is obligate to answer your doctor in writing the reason why it has being reject and also send the copy to you as well.

Did you have letter from doctor and insurance? It´s important to get something in WRITING than talk in mouth. Talk in mouth doesn´t solve anything. If your doctor want $2,000 then you has the right to demand him the reason in WRITING....

Tweetybirdie,

I hope this links will help...

OBESITY SURGERY CENTER - INSURANCE INFORMATION

It says that Medicaid does not cover obesity but risk life....

An appointment with doctor on 8th November doesn´t solve anything... Writing a letter is the best... If your doctor think your case is in danger then he has to appeal in WRITING on your behalf... One for insurance and copied for you to keep...

The insurance is obligate to answer your doctor in writing the reason why it has being reject and also send the copy to you as well.

Did you have letter from doctor and insurance? It´s important to get something in WRITING than talk in mouth. Talk in mouth doesn´t solve anything. If your doctor want $2,000 then you has the right to demand him the reason in WRITING....

yea i have them papers with me... no i mean i talk dr on nov 8th abt gastric not abt insurance get it? but thanks for link.. i undy more now... i will write down abt this..

How things are going so far with the donation has it raised my dearest Tweetybird?...

TweetyBird~
Have you thought about contacting Bill Gates? Go under his site.. He helps with medical bills and college funds. You could check that out and see what you can find to help you.. Bill Gates should help cover the bills up for you.. But I personally find it werid that the insurance doesn't cover it if its depending on your lives. My aunt was thinking about this gastric treatment, since she is 300 pounds. But as far as I know she isn't doing anything about it, She said she is on a "diet" and lost 13 pounds I believe. She got a long way to go.. I personally don't think she isn't on a diet, because now she found herself a new boyfriend that she said that she "loves" which Im happy for her.. It doesn't mean that she doesn't have to quit the dieting or she will eventually end up a little bigger.. She said she is happy, but she will feel happier if she got it knocked off. I've knocked off about 40 pounds and I can feel the differents, It makes you feel a whole lotta better. But may I ask, did you try out Weight Watchers, Akin's, Jenny Crieg? It should help if you stick by it.. If this situation doesn't work out for you... Why don't you try them watchers akins or jenny crieg and maybe attend to the gym and get a personal trainer. Drink plently of water. Then before you know it I almost bet in 3 weeks you will lose 20 pounds for a start. But although I do hope you get this surgery...Perhaps you can get a loan or something and pay them back by payments.. Im thinking out loud... I reallly don't know much about it.. My aunt is getting it thru medicare. So honeslty im thinking out loud trying to help you out...

Wish you the best of luckkk Keep up posted with updated news.

Your in my prayers

God Bless

TweetyBird~
Have you thought about contacting Bill Gates? Go under his site.. He helps with medical bills and college funds. You could check that out and see what you can find to help you.. Bill Gates should help cover the bills up for you.. But I personally find it werid that the insurance doesn't cover it if its depending on your lives. My aunt was thinking about this gastric treatment, since she is 300 pounds. But as far as I know she isn't doing anything about it, She said she is on a "diet" and lost 13 pounds I believe. She got a long way to go.. I personally don't think she isn't on a diet, because now she found herself a new boyfriend that she said that she "loves" which Im happy for her.. It doesn't mean that she doesn't have to quit the dieting or she will eventually end up a little bigger.. She said she is happy, but she will feel happier if she got it knocked off. I've knocked off about 40 pounds and I can feel the differents, It makes you feel a whole lotta better. But may I ask, did you try out Weight Watchers, Akin's, Jenny Crieg? It should help if you stick by it.. If this situation doesn't work out for you... Why don't you try them watchers akins or jenny crieg and maybe attend to the gym and get a personal trainer. Drink plently of water. Then before you know it I almost bet in 3 weeks you will lose 20 pounds for a start. But although I do hope you get this surgery...Perhaps you can get a loan or something and pay them back by payments.. Im thinking out loud... I reallly don't know much about it.. My aunt is getting it thru medicare. So honeslty im thinking out loud trying to help you out...

Wish you the best of luckkk Keep up posted with updated news.

Your in my prayers

God Bless

thanks but it not abt my weight.. it health plms show up few that why...

How things are going so far with the donation has it raised my dearest Tweetybird?...

honest, it ok but still work on.. now $140.00 i am try hard.. my bf will give me some this friday when he get his checkpay.. right now my mom gave my stepfather at work jar for donation so wait and see what happen... smile.. thanks honey! :D

no u dont get it.. my appt is on nov 8th to see dr again cuz of serious discuss abt gastric are risk! that why

Tweety, why don't you go for lapband instead of gastric bypass. Lapband is more safer and less risk.

Information about LAPBAND <- click it

Read more information that explains pros & cons, which is less risk, which is more risk, etc. Gastric Bypass have more risk than lapband. Click it to read more -> Comparison of Surgical Options (gastric bypass & lapband)

Discuss with your doctor about LAPBAND. Good luck! :)

Tweety, why don't you go for lapband instead of gastric bypass. Lapband is more safer and less risk.

Information about LAPBAND <- click it

Read more information that explains pros & cons, which is less risk, which is more risk, etc. Gastric Bypass have more risk than lapband. Click it to read more -> Comparison of Surgical Options (gastric bypass & lapband)

Discuss with your doctor about LAPBAND. Good luck! :)

Yes that few my friends told me this is better so i read online lot so i will discuss with dr abt this..

There is one other way that you can try. You can try publish yourself in the newspaper and explain your situation. Maybe your community will help you out. I have heard one young kid who need gastric bypass and he was in the newspaper then later on TV and guess what? One lady who already had a surgery and was there to help him all the way and the hospital pay for everything so the parent didnt have to pay for anything.

Try that!!

There is one other way that you can try. You can try publish yourself in the newspaper and explain your situation. Maybe your community will help you out. I have heard one young kid who need gastric bypass and he was in the newspaper then later on TV and guess what? One lady who already had a surgery and was there to help him all the way and the hospital pay for everything so the parent didnt have to pay for anything.

Try that!!

oh yea good idea wow.. i will try this thanks for share with me.. :)

Oi! Mates, it's a pity but ya need to relise that that's there is more to in issuse about our rights and the way of life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back