Hello, I have questions

That was not asking a question , I can see where Reba is coming from, she feel it would be nice if a person at least told a little about their self before trying to find out thing about us. I know I would not like someone walking up to me and asking me about being HOH . We have people coming here just ask us questions and we know nothing about them.
Must you know about them?????

Why not? These first-time posters want to know all about everyone else. It only seems fair. Besides, how do you know it's not another homework assignment?

I think it is most important that the forum is open to all. So at least we can let you know what we are, what we want, what we think, and if there is someone who has difficulty we help you with advice and suggestions. Introduce yourself is not so essential in a forum, it is important to be open with everyone.
If the newcomer asks and does not contribute anything to leave it there and bye bye.
If we close between us, it would be the end of the society of the deaf ....
It's a bit 'like being on the highway: all along it, but no one pays any attention to the other cars whizzing at our sides, but if someone reports a problem to his car, we can help you decide whether or move on.
I hope I have written my thinking well
of course, it is my 2 cents of contribution

When I first came here, I made my first thread, "Don't throw your TTY away" if I recall correctly. I didn't make an introduction because it's not required by the rules. In many forums (millions of them), you don't have to introduce yourself.

I did a similar thing. I had problems with constant repairs of a PocketCom (handheld TTY) and was looking for a sturdier solution. Just started asking questions about what others did for reliable cell phone use.

I would ponder the question of "why not introduce yourself" ? Courtesy thing I guess. It does not take much to jot a few lines, at least giving an idea of with whom you are responding too. Your always going to get flakes, part of a forum. Just my .02

Who are you?
What's your name?
What's your age?
Are you male or female?
How old are you?
How much do you weigh?
Are you deaf, HOH, or hearing?
Do you have Deaf family members?
What do you do for a living?
What are your parents' names?
:lol:

Who are you?
What's your name?
What's your age?
Are you male or female?
How old are you?
How much do you weigh?
Are you deaf, HOH, or hearing?
Do you have Deaf family members?
What do you do for a living?
What are your parents' names?
:lol:
Where do you live?
Are you married?
How many children do you have?
Do you have a turbocharged car?
How much did you pay for the car?

Must they know about us ???? Yeah I would like to know something about the person , I do not understand why you think this is an unreasonable request . We're all entitle to have our own opinion .

Must they know about us ???? Yeah I would like to know something about the person , I do not understand why you think this is an unreasonable request . We're all entitle to have our own opinion .
The OP didn't ask us for our names, personal info, etc. S/he wants to know if we trust an interpreter. That's all. No big deal! If you don't want to answer it, move on like normal people.

"You want to know my answer?, first tell me who you are and why you ask that question." What a turn off!

The OP didn't ask us for our names, personal info, etc. S/he wants to know if we trust an interpreter. That's all. No big deal! If you don't want to answer it, move on like normal people.

"You want to know my answer?, first tell me who you are and why you ask that question." What a turn off!

Because Redstar is the new AD and Redstar only had one post. How do we know who that person is? Why this person is curious about trusting interpreters. Maybe he watched the program on T.V. about Nelson Mandela Memorial where there was a "false" interpreter. I guess all you have to do is provide certified papers to prove that ASL interpreter or any sign language interpreter can sign them fluently. Or maybe a interpreter might be lying to that person behind the person's back. I don't know and we need information from him before we can answer the questions. Simple as that. :P

Because Redstar is the new AD and Redstar only had one post. How do we know who that person is? Why this person is curious about trusting interpreters. Maybe he watched the program on T.V. about Nelson Mandela Memorial where there was a "false" interpreter. I guess all you have to do is provide certified papers to prove that ASL interpreter or any sign language interpreter can sign them fluently. Or maybe a interpreter might be lying to that person behind the person's back. I don't know and we need information from him before we can answer the questions. Simple as that. :P
Are you working for FBI? :lol:

For the love of all things, can the OP at least not use "u" for "you?" Some here struggle with English as a written language and others try their best to write well. A pet peeve of mine is when people lazily use chat speak when it only takes a bit of effort to type "you."

I know my posts are often filled with errors but deliberate ones are annoying.

For the love of all things, can the OP at least not use "u" for "you?" Some here struggle with English as a written language and others try their best to write well. A pet peeve of mine is when people lazily use chat speak when it only takes a bit of effort to type "you."

With deliberate being the real problem.

:applause:

That is exactly the point when it come to computer writing. I had the same way with my family members of my husband's side. They seem to write short letters like shorthand to save space and also to be lazy when writing. Most of the young or maybe middle age people seem to write shorthand to write like that. Also, I noticed them using spelling the wrong way to type. I had to correct them like for example, "Marry" which is wrong as it should be spell like "Merry" Christmas, not Marry Christmas. :roll:

When I first came here, I made my first thread, "Don't throw your TTY away" if I recall correctly. I didn't make an introduction because it's not required by the rules. In many forums (millions of them), you don't have to introduce yourself.
Millions?

Anyway, this isn't the only forum that requests introductions.

I know at least the Jeep, Goldwing, and PGR forums request them.

Back