Hello hello!!!!!

CODAchick

Reaction score
I am a CODA. My mother, father, older brother and my mother's side of the family is all Deaf. Sign Language was my very first language.
My name is Amber, I am 19 years old, I live in Georgia, and I am married to a soldier in the Army.
That's pretty much it lol if you would like to know more then do not hesitate to talk to me! I don't bite!!

I am looking to make some new friends here! =]

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! =]

How is it going there in Australia? That is the one place I have always dreamed about going to, well that and Germany!

Good, sunny afternoon right now. Just about to finish work for the day soon. :cool2:

25tdjx2.gif

I am a CODA. My mother, father, older brother and my mother's side of the family is all Deaf. Sign Language was my very first language.
My name is Amber, I am 19 years old, I live in Georgia, and I am married to a soldier in the Army.
That's pretty much it lol if you would like to know more then do not hesitate to talk to me! I don't bite!!

Welcome to AD :wave: What base is your husband stationed out of? I used to be stationed in Fort Stewart Georgia. I am not Deaf but I am a hearing person studying and working toward eventually being able to be an interpreter. Friends are always great to have. :welcome:

There is DeafNation come up on April 18th. It would be fancy for you attend there and meet ton deaf.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around. :wave:

what is a

if you're as new as me, and I'am 42and a half :wave:then I hope you won't mind me asking;
What is CODA?..I know that this might be obvious to some of our fellows. but I still belong in a time warp that says deaf=daft and all shit:shock:

At the risk of patronising you: I offer this question in the hope that it will be answered in the same spirit that is it asked:shock:

if you're as new as me, and I'am 42and a half :wave:then I hope you won't mind me asking;
What is CODA?..I know that this might be obvious to some of our fellows. but I still belong in a time warp that says deaf=daft and all shit:shock:

At the risk of patronising you: I offer this question in the hope that it will be answered in the same spirit that is it asked:shock:

Children Of Deaf Adults.

She is born to Deaf parents and other extended family and is very fluent in ASL. We, including myself, have hearing children born to us Deafies becomes a CODA and some can sign and some who do not want to sign. I taught my son to sign so that I can understand what he is saying and he is good in ASL but is very ashame to sign out public and would rather sign at home instead of out in public. Some are not afraid of it so that is good that they can do sign language with their Deaf parents.

Welcome to AllDeaf forum. I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around. :wave:

Welcome to AllDeaf! :D

Back