hello from indianapolis indiana

welcome to alldeaf!

my Aunt lives in Evansville,Indiana but my Aunt not lives in big city of Indianapolis,Indiana but Evansville,Indiana is small city and its nice city

Welcome to AD footballnutt. :wave:
I have not used relay yet, but I see the day coming as more conversations sound like I live in Charlie Brown's classroom :lol: but I imagine the background sounds the operator types are much like the CC on your tv when they type things like (upbeat song plays) or (leaves rustling) just to give you more information on what is happening. It could even help stimulate conversation as in "why is your dog barking?" or even "I didn't know you had a dog" :laugh2:
Anyway..this is a great bunch of people always willing to answer questions or just chat..enjoy!

:welcome:Yeah the relay operators are required to put the background noises in, sometimes i like it, like when i call my mom and they say dog barking then I know my sister is there too with my neice(the dog lol), other times i am like ok I dont need to know all that but it helps a lot. Welcome to AD, enjoy the site, nice people, interesting chats, and just all around fun.

I don't use TTY much, so I didn't even know the operators do that!! That's cool. I guess it's the same as interpreting face-to-face, you may not be able to include all noises in the room due to time and logistics, but the more the person feels a part of their surroundings, the better.

Oh, and....Welcome to AllDeaf!!!

Back