Hello from Canada

Shessoofancy

Reaction score
Hello from ottawa canada. I found this while doing research and just thought I'd see what's it all about. Let me introduce myself quickly. When I was younger I had lost 70% of my hearing and as a kid, it was a devastating blow I learned to sign and even quicker I learned to read lips, for some reason I regained a good chunk of my hearing not 100% but a good chunk that I can get by with out needing a hearing aid.

When I was a able to hear I felt gratitude and thankfulness and now looking back I feel like I was being selfish I don't know why but I wanted to avoid anything retaining to this subject with a 10 f pole. Now being a young adult and comfortable with "sense of self" I feel like I Need to get in touch with something that was such a big part of my childhood, being able to relate to people telling people that the stigma around it is okay, and try to educate people whom aren't aware that it's okay to be different.

Anyways I hope I won't offend anyone by posting this I'm just looking to meet people that walk/walked the path I did. Thanks.

Welcome! I'm a new feller to this website too. So far everyone's been great.

Hello. I am a former Canadian from Ontario.

:welcome: to AllDeaf Forum. Have fun reading and posting here. :wave:

Back