Hello! 23 And Profoundly Deaf!

Thedeafzombie

Reaction score
Hello! My name is Stephanie. A year ago, I woke up one day and could not hear anything. After freaking out a bit at some doctors, they finally sent me for a hearing test and realized it wasn't water in my ears, but that I was Profoundly deaf. I prefer American Sign Language, because reading lips is very tiring! Just looking for some awesome people to talk to and maybe sign with :)

We do have a few other members who have experienced the same as you!...(myself included)....so Welcome Aboard.

Welcome, Hope you enjoy alldeaf, my hearing myself is getting worse and i am slightly hard of hearing, so i am understanding where you are coming from, that must of been scary, i'm scared and i don't think my hearing is going to stop getting worse. I'm scared of my ears poppig because everytime it Happens, my ears ring for up to a Minute and i Can feel a Little bit of my hearing going. I'm only 18 by the way.

Sorry had to vent out, i am learning Sign language but it's British sign Language so i can't really Sign with you if ASL and BSL isn't similar. How long have you learnt sign Language for? Sign Language for me looks cool so i have always been Interested in learning it. Who Knew you could Talk through Windows and underwater? It's like learning a Language that Hardly anyone Would think was a language. Those Old fashioned anti deaf People trying to get rid of OUR Culture are Idiots thinking it Would die out.

What is the Point in forcing a Person who can't Hear themselves and others to Talk and use their ears that obviously don't work?

Back