Heat Wave

I just gonna have to say thanks god summer is over. It was the first time I ever experienced a heat wave in Australia... a 114 F degrees. :wave: summer for now.

You can keep your winter and I'll keep my summer here. :P

Yep, it's winter now... the differences is, the winter here is warmer which is 70 degrees for high and low 44 degrees. (sometimes get high 78 degree for a day or two). But I do miss the chilly freezing winters.
Lucky you!

Makes me wish I could live in one country for 6 months... then move to another country for the next 6 months. That way, my life would be Fall... Winter... Fall... Winter... Fall... Winter... etc. ;)

At the moment, it's a beautiful day with 74 degrees. :wiggle:

We usually have a total of 1 month of winter hovering between 60-65 degrees and the rest is 70+. Good, eh?

Not hot here at all. We broke the coldest day on record 2 days ago and it was only 52 degrees in the day time. It tied up with the record in June 1950. It's high in the 50's here and it's June?! Nights are a bit chilly, too.

I like the heat humidity in the South. I rather be anywhere hot than to live in Tennessee ever again. Sometimes I do miss all the snow I used to see when I lived in that state, but I had enough of that and the Vols!

Lucky you!

Makes me wish I could live in one country for 6 months... then move to another country for the next 6 months. That way, my life would be Fall... Winter... Fall... Winter... Fall... Winter... etc. ;)

That would be nice for sure... but $$$ to fly back and fourth every 6 months. :)

That would be nice for sure... but $$$ to fly back and fourth every 6 months. :)

If you won million lotto, you can buy two houses for two different season. you will not worry. :aw:

Do you get "dry" heat in summer? I used to live in Spokane when I was teenage and dry heat is better than humid heat..

I grew up in Phx and then moved to MD in 99...almost 10 years after moving, I still cant get used to the hot summers here in MD cuz of the humidity factor.

My brother and my hubby were just sitting outside on the porch and in less than 5 mins, they were pouring buckets of sweat..wow...

I grew up in Phx and then moved to MD in 99...almost 10 years after moving, I still cant get used to the hot summers here in MD cuz of the humidity factor.

My brother and my hubby were just sitting outside on the porch and in less than 5 mins, they were pouring buckets of sweat..wow...

OMG Shel,I remember how bad it can get in the city.

Baltimore.

Yea..tmw is supposed to be hell and of course, my classroom's AC is not working well and I have to do a lot of moving tmw. Geez!

I was planning to watch firework tonight but too hot for me.. Sound like you are on Portsmouth side from waterfront.. Nice! Hopefully next year Haborfest will be cooler..

Yeah, It too hot to be at the Haborfest this year and it was unexpect to be this hot was very surprising to me. But seeing the firework outside my home was good enough. The fire works was great! We just have to hope next year the weather won't get too hot next year like it did this year. It was usual to hit a heat wave so early this first week of june.

It's been hot here going into the high 90's as well and very humid. Yesterday and today, it was between 95 to 99 degrees. I can't stand the humidity.

I fear it could be much more hotter in July/August.

I got a very strong feelings this year through the whole entire summer it gonna be very very very hot then it was last year. Ahh 4 people already end up in hospital yesterday due to heat wave. :cool2:

Really? I must be behind with news in weather. I enjoy briefly nice weather past few weeks now, today it should climbling to 90's and it will get hotter this week which it is normal in this area. I feel for you guys hot and humid, yuck.

Really? I must be behind with news in weather. I enjoy briefly nice weather past few weeks now, today it should climbling to 90's and it will get hotter this week which it is normal in this area. I feel for you guys hot and humid, yuck.

I like hot weather but not over 100, I perfer like 80 not bad more like my netural temep to enjoy the pool. But it was boiling HOT here wow. Hope the A.C. don't cut off power because last year so many people use A.C and use up all the engery the whole block was out due to A.C. geez. :cool2:

I like hot weather but not over 100, I perfer like 80 not bad more like my netural temep to enjoy the pool. But it was boiling HOT here wow. Hope the A.C. don't cut off power because last year so many people use A.C and use up all the engery the whole block was out due to A.C. geez. :cool2:
I am used to hot summer here because I live in desert but not 110 degree. But it is humid there which it is worst kind than dry hot weather. Yeah we get rolling blackout during the summer when people use too much AC. We sign up for it when power outage, they turn off our ac but we have swamp cooler so it is big save for us during the summer. I hope heat will light up soon for you guys back east. keep yourself cooler.

Summer officially havent started but sure its summer here now.. the high was 94 yesterday and today it should be 92 plus heat index prolly will go over 100 ... right now it is 84 degrees but with heat index it felt like 90 degrees and 66% humidity... ugh....

I am not looking forward to the heat wave as i never liked them... Too hot for my taste. I prefer winter.. I guess I need to live in the walk in cooler.. LOL... stay cold all summer long.. heh! :P

I have watched the news about lot of strong storm and torandos going around lately even in Virginia. But we also have to prepare for hurricanes as well ahhh yikes!:cool2::shock::aw:

Now you make me thankful for the Midwest! At least no hurricane here.:hmm:

Back