Hearing people on alldeaf

you mean... I joined a hip group and didn't even know it? :lol:

I can hear, and i thought i was hearing normal. but im not. so im not completely deaf. but i DO want to find a way to take ASL classes. i tried looking online for free classes, and they arent very good.

I can hear, and i thought i was hearing normal. but im not. so im not completely deaf. but i DO want to find a way to take ASL classes. i tried looking online for free classes, and they arent very good.

You might just have to shell out some ca$h, babe. I took ASL 3 at Gallaudet University 3 years ago...cost me a lot of money but it was totally worth it.

If you want classes - they should be professional. OTher than that - show a genuine interest at the deaf get togethers.

Try this.

• ASL • American Sign Language

He Deaf and provide free online classes.

ooo thank you hon!!! that looks like he makes it fun too! and not just text book work like others i found.

you know, i even recognize some of them! kinda like an eerie blast from the past, i can remember in 3rd grade doing "silent night" in sign language for the Christmas thing at school!

You might just have to shell out some ca$h, babe. I took ASL 3 at Gallaudet University 3 years ago...cost me a lot of money but it was totally worth it.

eeew i may have to wait then. i just finished school (phlebotomy) and still looking for work so no money yet :( im sure i probably have time. given that my hearing keeps getting worse and worse (as far as i can tell) i may need it one day. but not soon i dont think (hope)

ooo thank you hon!!! that looks like he makes it fun too! and not just text book work like others i found.

you know, i even recognize some of them! kinda like an eerie blast from the past, i can remember in 3rd grade doing "silent night" in sign language for the Christmas thing at school!

He is very good. There are lots of websites about ASL but I find a number of them show the wrong sign. I'm not fluent in ASL as I would like but I *DO* recognize wrong sign.

His are accurate so I rely on him when I get stuck with a word that I want to sign and can't remember. Plus, he explain different way to sign similar word and how you sign them different. I think helpful to people.

I'm hearing. I was a sign language interpreter about 15+ years ago, but transitioned into broadcasting. I've been a TV news anchor for the past 12 years, and am currently taking a break from broadcasting to produce a women's empowerment conference. Our event is a full-day symposium on Sat 10/1/11 in Irvine, California. We have a wonderful team of skilled certified ASL interpreters for the full day 8:45a-6p. Fourteen speakers, ten performers, a delicious lunch, "goody" bag, shopping all included in your registration. Register in advance at theWEconference.com/?page_id=107 (See the calendar of events for a special discount code for alldeaf.com members.)

Oh yeah, don't forget hearing people with a fetish for dating deaf people.

Heh...I've actually met a few of them. They didn't give a hoot that I was married but hey, dude. I'm not that kind of lady...
go find another one.

:shock: what's with the interest in Deaf women, it makes me nervous when I come across a person who seems....eh, too intrigued.

Back