Hearies arent all that bad....

AJ

Reaction score
i wasn't really sure on if i should post this thread or not, but i might as well.

ok, as i look through the hearing/deaf thread, about which do u prefer, deaf or hearing...i see that...not a lot of people have respect for hearing people. and that hits me pretty hard, because im hearing. and i know a lot of people who are 100% hearing and can sign as well as the next deaf guy. like my good friend Megan, who is 17 now and taught herself how to sign at 5 years old. what im saying is...not all hearing people are ignorant, not all hearing people are assholes. yes some of them are complete jerks, but not all. and some hearing people do try to understand, and want to understand but its not that easy for them. just give hearing people a break, not all are pricks.

Last edited:
I agree with u AJ let the hearies have SOME chances, and if they riducle us thats thier plm, as long as they know how hard we struggle in life and try to make the best of everything then that would be good enuff for us :)

Oh, please don't misunderstand me, I do not even care at all about deaf or hearing people. It is all a blur to me. All I care about the most if whether if they have a good personality or not. If they cannot respect me for who I am, then how can they expect me to respect them for who they are. If hearing people came to me and were friendly with me, then I have no problems being friends with them. It all comes down to respect and understanding.

hello? are you that blind? I live in a very hearing world and I'm pretty darn deaf (not 100% but I have a profound hearing loss). I have mainly hearing friends and fewer deaf friends.

I think they can be cool to chill with but sometimes they just are at a loss about what to do or how to hang out with a deaf person. So I keep having to educate them over and over again (the ones that do not know how to react around deaf people). It gets pretty tiring sometimes so then I withdraw myself into my safe little world. But I am learning to get out more and educate more about that. I am glad that some hearing are taking an interest and try to be openminded and learn sign language while others don't.

I agreed with deafgal01...
I lived in hearing world all my life, I dont have problem to be around, I can manage with their igornat or snobs but deafies are like that too.. so i cant point finger which side..
all humans are humans.. :P

:roll: I was born to a hearing family u think deafies aren't born to hearies and u think we don't know how to get along with hearies? gimme a break wud u? :P anyways.. I have few hearing friends and so on.. ;) but ah I ain't gonna say why hearies are kewl some are :crazy: but no offense taken.. cuz some thinks I'm deaf means I'm not normal but really some doesn't see how long I had been workin at drugstore most of the time they thought I was hearing cuz of the way I look I was like oh boy :roll: that happened to me all the time :laugh2:

I don't care, hearing or deaf -- as long as the great vibes are there! I'll say this -- I have met amazing individuals who are deaf AND hearing in my life.

I've also known a few deaf individuals to be ASSHOLES, too! LOL So your hearing assholes aren't alone. :P hehehe

I must say -- I can't ignore that the bashing of hearing people even in general is hurtful to some people, as it would be hurtful for me if people bashed deaf folks in general. It goes both ways for me. :)

Both are human being. Only difference between Hearie and Deafie is HEARING.

It doesnt matters abt it.. I born in hearing world. I am into hearing and deaf world.. So, I'm used to it. I know sometimes some of us r sick of hearing ignoring deafies but oh well it'll never stop anytime,anywhere, etc.

Originally posted by kuifje75
Oh, please don't misunderstand me, I do not even care at all about deaf or hearing people. It is all a blur to me. All I care about the most if whether if they have a good personality or not. If they cannot respect me for who I am, then how can they expect me to respect them for who they are. If hearing people came to me and were friendly with me, then I have no problems being friends with them. It all comes down to respect and understanding.
it isn't just about deafness...it's about homosexuality right?

alot of deaf impaired peeps are always afraid of me just because i'm deaf and they talk so little to me and talk more to the other deaf impaired peeps so it's kinda like, racist...

Originally posted by Steel

What the heck does homosexuality have to do with deaf and hearing people? You're going wayyyy off topic.

what the hell are u talking about dude??? im talking about how some deaf people are bitchy to hearing people, not which gender u prefer.

and im not blind, i know it goes both ways. my sister is hoh. i guess im going from personal expierence (spelling) i know when u guys say, hearing people are ignorant, arogant, that hurts me. because im not one of those people. and its not ALL hearing people. just like its not all deaf people who are assholes

Originally posted by AJ
what the hell are u talking about dude??? im talking about how some deaf people are bitchy to hearing people, not which gender u prefer.

and im not blind, i know it goes both ways. my sister is hoh. i guess im going from personal expierence (spelling) i know when u guys say, hearing people are ignorant, arogant, that hurts me. because im not one of those people. and its not ALL hearing people. just like its not all deaf people who are assholes

It's just like a culture shock. Try putting an american african person in a room with a Irish person.

Do that with hearing and deaf people? Got the drift?

Some Deaf are being an asshole or a bitch, some hearings are being an asshole or a bitch... so there's no difference about that. Some Deaf are nice, some hearings are nice. I have experienced all of them in the past. Everyone has their own personalities and preferences.

I agree with you people on the fact that some deaf people don't have a great deal of respect for hearing people, laugh unmercifully at those mentally retarded people for not being conditioned to do the things that we normally do, and much more. They are thinking to themselves. They need to open up their eyes to the reality and respect their feelings.

:ugh: Homosexuality?! I most certainly didn't see AJ or Kootchie type anything related to homosexuality when it was about the hearing people. Steel.. please refrain from bringing in sexual orientation in a thread. It's none of your god-damn business and it has nothing to do with this. How hearing and D/deaf people treat each other is based on communication, trust and most importantly of all... respect. I am for both worlds, the deaf and hearing world and I get respect from both worlds. I was fortunate to be mainstreamed so I could have the best of both worlds. Yes, it is a culture shock sometimes and miscommunications puts up barriers and it is up to us and the hearing people to break them down. We D/d also cannot just say "evil" hearies and they the hearies also cannot say "deaf-dumb and/or deaf-mute". I have a hearing nephew and already he fights for his Deaf family.. my nephew is 8 years old and he knows how we are supposed to be called.

Originally posted by Freaky
:ugh: Homosexuality?! I most certainly didn't see AJ or Kootchie type anything related to homosexuality when it was about the hearing people. Steel.. please refrain from bringing in sexual orientation in a thread. It's none of your god-damn business and it has nothing to do with this. How hearing and D/deaf people treat each other is based on communication, trust and most importantly of all... respect. I am for both worlds, the deaf and hearing world and I get respect from both worlds. I was fortunate to be mainstreamed so I could have the best of both worlds. Yes, it is a culture shock sometimes and miscommunications puts up barriers and it is up to us and the hearing people to break them down. We D/d also cannot just say "evil" hearies and they the hearies also cannot say "deaf-dumb and/or deaf-mute". I have a hearing nephew and already he fights for his Deaf family.. my nephew is 8 years old and he knows how we are supposed to be called.

I agree with her comment. way to go for Freaky :D

Back