Hawaii Introduces Bill To Ban Gay Conversion Therapy

That prove that NONE therapy actual help on anything.

Does this prohibit all counseling on homosexuality (pro/con) to minors, or just the "conversion therapy" programs?

this is what i saw: <begin quote> " Hawaii lawmakers have introduced a bill banning a hotly disputed treatment that aims to turn gay teens heterosexual on the basis that being gay is an illness.

The proposed law, which was introduced in both the Senate and the House, says being gay is not a disorder. Supporters of the ban on gay-conversion therapy say it would protect lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender teens from serious harm caused when parents force them into therapy to become heterosexual.
Click Here!

The bill would make it illegal for teachers or professional counselors to try to change someone's sexual orientation. It would also ban advertising that promotes changing sexual orientation."
<end quote>

from here: http://www.heraldcourier.com/news/h...cle_df5a8f0b-c714-5f80-bd94-c6d0a8b4c4db.html

It seems odd to me that teachers would get involved with students' sexual orientation to begin with. I guess I'm out of touch with today's public schools. When I went to school the teachers weren't into students' lives at all. They taught us our lessons at school and that was it. At the end of each school day, adios.

It seems odd to me that teachers would get involved with students' sexual orientation to begin with. I guess I'm out of touch with today's public schools. When I went to school the teachers weren't into students' lives at all. They taught us our lessons at school and that was it. At the end of each school day, adios.

No, it is only applies to therapist's office that offer conversion therapy.

Sexual orientation is personal matter so no one at school should getting involved.

GBLTQ students are much more likely to be harassed/bullied and are more likely to drop out/commit suicide due to maltreatment. So it's not a matter of not getting involved, or "public" versus "private" - it's a matter of creating safe schools for students so that they continue to come to school. Students bring all kinds of things to the classroom that are happening to them.

I knew I liked girls from a very young age but only came out to my high school homeroom teacher <first person I came out to > only after I went to college - and I went to a very diverse urban school where we had gay role models.

People should be free to choose what treatments they want for their body and mind, and free to choose what they do with their own body or minds
freedom

If some wish this treatment for what ever the reason.
its their body
their mind

Freedom

A neat and slowly eroding idea.

True for adults over 21 Hoichi but many of the "Gay conversion therapy" groups are aimed at CHILDREN or TEENS who can't say no to it because their so-called parents are the ones calling the shots. While yes the parents are responsible for the welfare of the kinds it's been proven that gay conversion therapy has been harmful to kids. (and many such therapy groups were corrupt on top of that and not doing therapy correctly or abusing the kids).

True for adults over 21 Hoichi but many of the "Gay conversion therapy" groups are aimed at CHILDREN or TEENS who can't say no to it because their so-called parents are the ones calling the shots. While yes the parents are responsible for the welfare of the kinds it's been proven that gay conversion therapy has been harmful to kids. (and many such therapy groups were corrupt on top of that and not doing therapy correctly or abusing the kids).

Its up to parents to decide what's best for their kids.
that may suck.
and i understand your point.
But when it comes to therapy. I support the parents right to choose. Not state dictates contrary to the spirit of freedom.

This does not man i agree with it.

It just means i see the state as the coldest of cold monsters. Thus its dictates to parents 're their kids therapy. If that therapy is contrary to the current vogue and state popular whim or ideals. State coercion 're banning choices i find repulsive.

In regards to proof or lack of...'re harm.
we need to understand both sides here are ideologically driven. As such statistics like people if you torture the data long enough it will tell you what you want to hear.

Im an anarchist.
Thus is where im coming from.

As for the age of 21.

Nuts

if one is of the age to have sex. One should obviously be allowed to choose what therapy if any one feels themselves in need of.

The less state
the better.

Period.

Here is a policy paper from the American college of pediatricians.
it may need its own thread.
it certainly is related. And im posting it not in that i agree with all its statements. But to spark discussion regarding proof snd harm and ideology. That is ever present and in my eyes is getting even more present. It is not the same discussion. but a related one.

http://www.acpeds.org/the-college-speaks/position-statements/gender-ideology-harms-children

Here is a policy paper from the American college of pediatricians.
it may need its own thread.
it certainly is related. And im posting it not in that i agree with all its statements. But to spark discussion regarding proof snd harm and ideology. That is ever present and in my eyes is getting even more present. It is not the same discussion. but a related one.

http://www.acpeds.org/the-college-speaks/position-statements/gender-ideology-harms-children
Interesting link.

People should be free to choose what treatments they want for their body and mind, and free to choose what they do with their own body or minds
freedom

If some wish this treatment for what ever the reason.
its their body
their mind

Freedom

A neat and slowly eroding idea.

Sure, you want children to be depressed and easily commit suicide.

That's not funny at all.

Sure, you want children to be depressed and easily commit suicide.

That's not funny at all.

Where ever from my post have u got that idea?

Pls re read what i posted.
thanks

Back